Galil wood furnature now available

Just something of interest for some of you that like the Galil or Galil furnature. I kind of introduced Nathan to the Galil forum on Uzitalk, this is kind of a ass backwards deal as a Uzitalk member has new U.S. made pistol grips and handguards in production. Mods feel free to remove if deemed inapropriate, but take a look first as it looks to be good quality. Just sharing something that looks pretty slick that was on another one of my haunts.

http://www.mjmissel.com

I'm going to ask a (maybe) stupid question, so stay with me here. I've never handled a Galil.

Is the fitting on the front of the handguards a clamp? Or do Galils have handguard retainers like AK's?

I am doing a Galil-ish conversion on a Norinco Hunter. That wood furniture would look absoulutely sexy on it. I see it has the retaining plate on the back that keeps it in place against the receiver, something I would had to have made if I used the normal Tapco Saigia Galil style handguards. The wood is awesome, and saves me a few steps, but only if it clamps onto the barrel.

So yeah, does it clamp onto the barrel?

Galil's use a hanger in the back and a AK style front retainer (but I think the Galil front retainer is a few mm taller)-can be easily worked around by removing a very small amount of material from the top of the metal interface on the front of the handguard.