- - - - -

Two-Stage Triggers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 me_and_my_rifle

me_and_my_rifle

• 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

I am collecting the parts for a 308 Saiga conversion & need some advice on the trigger to use. I have decided to go with a 2-stage trigger set but am not sure which one to get. As I write this, I am looking at the 'Power Custom' set or the 'Red Star' set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Old SF MJT

OOOPS! Looks like my son was using the computer & was still logged in; hence the 'me and my rifle' over to the left & the "Old SF MJT' signature!

Edited by me_and_my_rifle, 14 April 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#2 cynical

cynical

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

I am collecting the parts for a 308 Saiga conversion & need some advice on the trigger to use. I have decided to go with a 2-stage trigger set but am not sure which one to get. As I write this, I am looking at the 'Power Custom' set or the 'Red Star' set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Old SF MJT

OOOPS! Looks like my son was using the computer & was still logged in; hence the 'me and my rifle' over to the left & the "Old SF MJT' signature!

You'll be just as happy with either one, and I mean EXACTLY as happy. Power Custom owns Red Star Arms. B)

#3 OBITUARY

OBITUARY

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

many state they are drop in for the 308. but mine was not .I got the vepr 308 rsa two stage adjustable trigger,adjusted it to my preferene and discovered there was alot of play side to side,so i made a shim from an aluminum spacer and placed it on the bho side.Although a p.i.t.a.making a shim and making the bho fit,and then making bho clear new shim without sticking up too high without binding .I love the trigger but don't want to take back apart to make spare spacers.I believe power customs and rsa are the same company I called rsa and power customs called back to confirm my order.This should help if you get this trigger and have play side to side.http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7937

#4 oxyehho

oxyehho

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

many state they are drop in for the 308. but mine was not .I got the vepr 308 rsa two stage adjustable trigger,adjusted it to my preferene and discovered there was alot of play side to side,so i made a shim from an aluminum spacer and placed it on the bho side.Although a p.i.t.a.making a shim and making the bho fit,and then making bho clear new shim without sticking up too high without binding .I love the trigger but don't want to take back apart to make spare spacers.I believe power customs and rsa are the same company I called rsa and power customs called back to confirm my order.This should help if you get this trigger and have play side to side.http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7937

Similar experience, except I put the spacer on the left side - didn't want to screw around with BHO - it is hard enough as it is already, but I see your point Obituary - the hammer is VERY tight now as it comes in contact with the trigger body. I had to file a slant on the trigger body, which I noticed the factory one had as well. If I did it your way, it would not be an issue. But on the positive side, I just got the 1/4" spacer and it was a perfect fit.
Also, hammer needs to be filed down for BHO clearance on the right side of the pivot - I used a hand file as recommended on this forum vs dremel, since dremel can heat up the hammer and it could lose some of the hardness.

#5 Old SF MJT

Old SF MJT

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

Many thanks, gentlemen. I guess I will be doing some additional research regerding shimming the trigger! I guess it's never quite as easy as it sounds, is it?

Old SF

#6 gothchick

gothchick

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

I swear, nothing is "drop-in" on Saiga's. Pretty much everything requires custom fitting of one type or another. lol.
I would die to protect my 2nd Amendment Right. Would you be willing to die trying to deprive me of it? I got my booger hook on the bang switch.

#7 Nailbomb

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,344 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

I swear, nothing is "drop-in" on Saiga's. Pretty much everything requires custom fitting of one type or another. lol.

but thats what makes it addicting... i swear the work involved on my part makes me take that much more pride in it.

can't wait to get started on the x39, just waiting for some parts to become available...
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
George A. Romero

#8 OBITUARY

OBITUARY

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

That's the beauty in it you put the time and work in to make it the way you need,want,it to be and it's your own piece of artwork and fine tuning.Too bad i get too sick of working on cars to want to spend time working on my own lol.Next up is a s-12, bmw is on back burner.

#9 OBITUARY

OBITUARY

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

This RSA 2 stage trigger is the best trigger I have ever used!

#10 Jim Digriz

Jim Digriz

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Many thanks, gentlemen. I guess I will be doing some additional research regerding shimming the trigger! I guess it's never quite as easy as it sounds, is it?

Old SF

I use #10 flat washers on each side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users