double,triple tap with rsa trigger

hello all knowing saiga geeks. i got my trigger pull down to 4lbs and my recoil buffer adjusted so the disconnecter still works but i am getting a occasional double tap and a triple,,,,, do i need to increase my trigger pull? i really like the light pull but i dont want the damn thing to go full auto on me with a 40 rounder in it! 7.62x39 with a rsa trigger group and black jack buffer. full conversion with the plastic crapo folding stock. some one out there has had to have this happen before,,, maybe?

Are all three pieces in the Fire control group from RSA or is it mixed part factory? Mixed brand can cause it because of manufacturer variations. Try it WITHOUT the buffer. They change the dynamics of the recoils system. My Tapco G2 works perfect.

• 3 years later...

i did have some problems with the buffer interfering with the disconnecter before. i wanted to keep it because it seems to help keep the case dings down. that is a simple thing to try though thanks

case dings are caused by shell ejection hittin the dust cover..take a dremel and file 1/8 inch off of first ridge..

This happened to one of the range officers at my local, he was trying out my converted saiga in 5.45. I have the tapco g2 trigger though.

when i pull the trigger, i slowly release it until i hear the click of the sear resetting, then pull again from there. He told me that he was trying to do the same thing, when 3 rounds blurted their way out the barrel on seemingly one trigger pull. I was worried that I would get into trouble, but when he turned around smiling, i figured I was alright.

I think that what happened was that he was inadvertently able to do some weird kind of bump fire. I figure that he must have held the trigger at precisely the right point to get the full auto effect. i'm not 100% sure though, as neither I nor another RO could duplicate the three round burst.

I would say to double check your trigger pull, make sure that once you have fired a round, you slowly release the trigger until you hear the click of the sear reset before pulling the trigger again.

Talk about an old bump!

That said...I have had a "double tap" very fast even with my G2 trigger if the rifle was not properly gripped and in the shoulder tight. That was shooter error not a malfunction of the trigger. I too keep the trigger depressed and release slowly for the reset. When I did not firmly have the rifle in my shoulder, I got a "bump fire" unintentionally!

You need to adjust the spring set screw in the disconnector to engage more, and probably to increase your pre-travel as well. Also, make sure to use the thread locker (green).

*source-- I have and love an RSA trigger. It's adjustment can be used beautifully or misused.

You need to adjust the spring set screw in the disconnector to engage more, and probably to increase your pre-travel as well. Also, make sure to use the thread locker (green).

*source-- I have and love an RSA trigger. It's adjustment can be used beautifully or misused.

This. Also, I would keep the pull about 5 lbs to be safe.

If the trigger pull is light, and you have the trigger staged at just before sear trip, the impact of the bolt slamming forward can be enough to cause the sear to trip again, causing repetitive fire.

My bet is that he set engagement properly, but didn't lock it down. That little screw moves in just a few cycles without loctite. There are two disconnector adjustments: engagement, spring tension. He should be able to have a safe trigger around 2 pounds with about 1/8" of movement, but for safety he should start a bit firmer and longer and work his way down until he can reproduce the problem. Then he can add a bit from to the smallest achieved safe setting.

He should follow this meticulously in the order they list it.

RSA_trigger.pdf

Basically he needs to adjust "D" and probably "E" on the diagram, if he went way overboard, then he will need to back of "B" a little bit.

So IMO, adjust everything to very conservative with no over/pretravel adjustment, then follow the .pdf in that order.

Edited by GunFun