• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bizzarolibe

Bizzarolibe

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:43 AM

Ok, so I'm exploring new options for a quad-rail handguard for my Saiga 7.62. I like the one on there now (Galil style with tapco rail kit--see pic), but I want more rail space. It's totally unconverted (I'll do it some day, but I don't really see the need to cut a bunch of holes in my gun just so I can move the trigger assembly 1 inch), so I'll need something that is usable with a stock Saiga Sporter. I'm looking for something in the 70 dollar range. Any suggestions?? Thanks, I'm new to this forum, and it's totally awesome!!

Ok, for some reason the forum is being gay and I can't upload the pic of my Saiga so here it is: http://i40.photobuck...yofSDC10453.jpg

Edited by Bizzarolibe, 15 April 2009 - 01:49 AM.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

#2 vladtepes

vladtepes

AKA Damagedworld

• PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Ok, so I'm exploring new options for a quad-rail handguard for my Saiga 7.62. I like the one on there now (Galil style with tapco rail kit--see pic), but I want more rail space. It's totally unconverted (I'll do it some day, but I don't really see the need to cut a bunch of holes in my gun just so I can move the trigger assembly 1 inch), so I'll need something that is usable with a stock Saiga Sporter. I'm looking for something in the 70 dollar range. Any suggestions?? Thanks, I'm new to this forum, and it's totally awesome!!

Ok, for some reason the forum is being gay and I can't upload the pic of my Saiga so here it is: http://i40.photobuck...yofSDC10453.jpg

you dont see the need to convert the gun because you must have never fired a converted saiga... the weapon feels one million times better after the conversion and the trigger pull is SO much nicer.. theres a reason countless saiga owners do this mod.. and the reason has next to nothing to do with looks...

as far as a rail system for $70 some people on this site recently got the new UTG (i think thats what its called) for about $80... i have the ultimak one and LOVE it but it cost a lot more than that..

this is my weapon with the ultimak
in the picture it just has rail covers over the rail...

Posted Image

#3 devildog1122

devildog1122

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Here is the video link a guy installing the newest Saiga quad rails on his stock Saiga.

http://video.google....g...mb=0&st=day

#4 ninja99

ninja99

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Here is the video link a guy installing the newest Saiga quad rails on his stock Saiga.

http://video.google....g...mb=0&st=day

Thats a five mintue video for a 30 second install!!!

#5 cino

cino

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

LOL i find that video to be hilarious.

#6 gothchick

gothchick

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

S223, S762, S308
- Krebs
- Ultimak
- UTG
- CAA

S12, S20, S410
- Halo
- Chaos
- Leapers

Edited by gothchick, 16 April 2009 - 11:26 AM.

I would die to protect my 2nd Amendment Right. Would you be willing to die trying to deprive me of it? I got my booger hook on the bang switch.

#7 destroy the machine

destroy the machine

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

the krebs rail looks nice, wonder ifs its a drop in replacement for saigas.
i have not seen it in the conversion pics gallery yet.

if it can co-witness thats even better.
DISCLAIMER

None of the posts that are posted by this member are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually possess firearms or performs any firearm modifications; he/she just posts for fun. This member also posts for other home gun-smiths who do not possess firearms or participate in firearm modifications; that is how he/she/it obtains any photo's seen. Any post made is a direct word for word copy, even to replies, it goes through 3 different sources before getting to this user to post/reply. Nothing posted by this member is real, all information received/given is for informational, educational purposes only. This member is studying firearms/home gun-smithing culture mainly because of its similarity to human interaction; firearm components/people meet, ideas are formed, they interact with each other, and knowledge is gained.

#8 vladtepes

vladtepes

AKA Damagedworld

• PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

from what ive seen krebs rail looks too high to co-witness..

#9 destroy the machine

destroy the machine

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

i see, i wasnt sure if the notch running down the length of the top allowed co-witness
i just dont find the ultimak aesthetically pleasing to my eyeball, but at least you can co-witness.
I find the the UTG to be unappealing as well as its lack of co-witness.
DISCLAIMER

None of the posts that are posted by this member are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually possess firearms or performs any firearm modifications; he/she just posts for fun. This member also posts for other home gun-smiths who do not possess firearms or participate in firearm modifications; that is how he/she/it obtains any photo's seen. Any post made is a direct word for word copy, even to replies, it goes through 3 different sources before getting to this user to post/reply. Nothing posted by this member is real, all information received/given is for informational, educational purposes only. This member is studying firearms/home gun-smithing culture mainly because of its similarity to human interaction; firearm components/people meet, ideas are formed, they interact with each other, and knowledge is gained.

#10 mikea4x4

mikea4x4

• 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi new to the site as well. I have one saiga in the safe and two more on order so I haven't started modifing them yet but I kind of like this one. I guess one draw back is it doesn't say it is U.S. made.

http://store.carolin...uad-rail/Detail

I don't want to change the topic but would someone please tell me what co-witness is???

#11 protected static

protected static

Minor Imp of Spaghetti Code

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

Co-witnessing is when your iron sights and optical sights line up on the same plane and you look through both for your sight picture. The logic is that you have your irons right there as a backup should your optics go pear-shaped on you.
With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain at hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users