In recent years the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has also lifted virtually all restrictions on imports of foreign-made assault weapons, permitting a flood of cheap Romanian, Bulgarian and other Eastern European AK-47s to enter the country, according to gun-control groups.

What importation restrictions have been lifted? As far as I know, everyone is still tiptoeing around 922r. As far as I know, the only difference is that the AWB set, and now they can sell rifles that have evil features. I suppose it's easier to import certain rifles when you don't have to pussify them beyond practicality.

Edited by elvis christ
I bet this is more than likey a stall tatic to let apathy set in. Politics today seems to be more about who is not paying attention.

Thats about how they've been playing a lot of things lately.Thats where they pass their back door deals and try to shove them in our back doors....

I still can't stop laughing my ass off. All the anti-gun groups must have been psyched for the last few months, just waiting for their little "assaut weapons" ban to go through. And now no one wants to touch it. So close, yet so far away. Hey Brady, how do you like them apples?

Americans have spoken on this subject the way Americans speak loudest: with our wallets.

In this crappy economy, the firearms trade is going gangbusters. The "panic buy" spree has made it abundantly clear that the AWB is a toxic waste issue right now. Another AWB would alienate a large section of the population that this administration is desperately trying to reassure. After all, who really wants a revolution? :unsure:

They have no desires for a new assault weapons ban because they know it won't fly. That's why they want new International Treaties that will override the Constitution.

Yes, I agree they will most likely use a back door route. Still, as I said, they will try to do it and when they do it will be very difficult to stop. Lefty's from Chicago not Little Rock now. Gangster's!