Saw these over the last couple days, figured some of you people :haha: would like to know about them.

SOG - 15 rounds @ $4.95 | 1260 rounds @ $399.00

7.62X39 Yugo

Yugoslavian 1980's production 7.62x39 ammo!!! 125 Grain, full metal jacket, lead core, brass case, non-corrosive, berdan prime and packed in 15 round boxes (84 boxes per case, 1260rds). Beautiful, clean military ammo!!!

https://www.southernohiogun.com/index.php/a...o-15rd-box.html

Samco Global - 420 rounds @ $134.40 | 1260 rounds @ $403.20

7.62x39 Yugo

Manufactured by PRVI PARTIZAN factory Yugoslavia in 1990's, FMJ, 123 Gr., C/BE, Brass cases, Lead core bullet, Packed 15 rds per box. 1260 rds per sealed zinc lined wooden case.

http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammunition.html

Ammoman - 1000 rounds @ $339

Wolf Military Classic JHP

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_762x39.htm

Saw these over the last couple days, figured some of you people :haha: would like to know about them.

SOG - 15 rounds @ $4.95 | 1260 rounds @ $399.00

7.62X39 Yugo

Yugoslavian 1980's production 7.62x39 ammo!!! 125 Grain, full metal jacket, lead core, brass case, non-corrosive, berdan prime and packed in 15 round boxes (84 boxes per case, 1260rds). Beautiful, clean military ammo!!!

https://www.southernohiogun.com/index.php/a...o-15rd-box.html

Samco Global - 420 rounds @ $134.40 | 1260 rounds @ $403.20

7.62x39 Yugo

Manufactured by PRVI PARTIZAN factory Yugoslavia in 1990's, FMJ, 123 Gr., C/BE, Brass cases, Lead core bullet, Packed 15 rds per box. 1260 rds per sealed zinc lined wooden case.

http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammunition.html

Ammoman - 1000 rounds @ $339

Wolf Military Classic JHP

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_762x39.htm

About the Non-corrosive ammo from SOG above; I learned many years ago that SOG rarely sells corrosive ammo. It is almost always Non-corrosive (if you know what I mean).

Talk about HIGH ammo prices. This is really unbelievable.

post-5881-1239898970_thumb.png

louielouie :haha:

Edited by louielouie

Hey VB, Thanks for the info. I just ordered some ammo from Samco. I installed my bullet guide yesterday, thanks Dinzag, and thanks to everyone else that has given me a wealth knowlage on the converion process. Still waiting on the rest of the parts to arive before conversion is complete.... I'm headed to the range tonight to check out its function.

I do have a question about the Tapco AK style stock,,,,,, for anyone that's handled one... please tell me its not hollow like the Monty Carlo that came with rifle.

I have some of the Yugo ammo that SOG is selling, it is really nice stuff, should be good for reloading.

Isn't that Yugo ammo berdan primed? Berdan primers seem to be completely unobtainable in the US anymore... if anyone has a source for berdan primers, please let me know.

What type of primer does the PRVI PARTIZAN '90s issue ammo use?

One of the big issues with reloading Berdan primed ammos is getting the spent primer out. The standard decapping rod won't work.

What type of primer does the PRVI PARTIZAN '90s issue ammo use?

One of the big issues with reloading Berdan primed ammos is getting the spent primer out. The standard decapping rod won't work.

Almost all European ammo uses berdan primers. It can be de-primed with a home made jig that uses hydraulic pressure to just pop that primer right out, but you can't get a new primer to reload it. There used to be a limited supply in the US, but they seem to be all gone now. Considering how much milsurp ammo there is in this country, you'd think we'd be swimming in berdan primers. The special irony is that Berdan primers were invented by an American, and Boxer primers were invented by a Brit, but the US uses boxers and Europe uses Berdans.

Somebody with an importers license could make some serious $$$ by importing the right size primers for 7.62x39 and 7.62x51, as there is literally tons of brass in this country that can use it, that is otherwise junk.

Hey VB, Thanks for the info. I just ordered some ammo from Samco. I installed my bullet guide yesterday, thanks Dinzag, and thanks to everyone else that has given me a wealth knowlage on the converion process. Still waiting on the rest of the parts to arive before conversion is complete.... I'm headed to the range tonight to check out its function.

I do have a question about the Tapco AK style stock,,,,,, for anyone that's handled one... please tell me its not hollow like the Monty Carlo that came with rifle.

I was kinda wonderin about that too

I was kinda wonderin about that too

Hey Jake, I got my tapco stock today, It is hollow, but its thicker......not bad. Would have liked to have known this before ordering, oh well. Think I'm going to switch over to wood anyway.

Just when you thought it couldn't go higher.

post-5881-1240427815_thumb.png

Can't this be viewed as fraud?

I find some good deals on CTD on a fairly regular basis, but do NOT look to them for ammo, they'll rape you relentlessly

again, have found decent prices on a few things, just ordered a pistol grip for my saiga from them, they beat Midway and anyone else I could think of.... but their ammo?? RAPE

Shellshock1918,

You need to read the ad more closely. This may be a different company than what you first thought.

louielouie

I just noticed Widener's has Wolf JHP Military Classic 7.62X39 for $308.00 1,000...IN STOCK.

www.wideners.com

Better buy it all up before CTD buys it all and throws it up for a dollar a round :) Got some x39 wolf from Wideners about a month ago, only took about 3 weeks.

Edited by Wotan1105

I find some good deals on CTD on a fairly regular basis, but do NOT look to them for ammo, they'll rape you relentlessly

again, have found decent prices on a few things, just ordered a pistol grip for my saiga from them, they beat Midway and anyone else I could think of.... but their ammo?? RAPE

Yeah.... Now that's some serious anal-ripping ball-jerking cum-dripping Rapage going on right there. CTD FTL.

post-16572-1241025222.gif

Edited by gothchick

WWW.JGSALES.COM has

762x39 Russian brown bear at 139.95 per 500 or

762x39 Russian brown bear at $269.90 per 1000

762x39 Russian brown bear SP $149.95 per 500

762x39 Russian brown bear SP $279.90 per 1000

762x39 Russian silver bear HP $154.95 per 500

762x39 Russian sliver bear HP $289.90 per 1000

They also have FMJ or HP wolf and golden tiger check out there website they have alot of other ammo also at good prices

they have 223 Russian wolf from $264.90 up to $279.90

they have big 2 page adds in the shotgun news all the time (great paper to get if you do not have it)

^ Thanks for the heads up, man. I find Barnaul to be much more clean-burning than Wolf. I had carbon chunks, (big enough that I had to scrape em off with my thumbnail to remove), on my gas piston after firing ~80 Wolf black box FMJ rounds recently; so if I have a choice and it's reasonably priced, I buy the Bear. :up:

edit: shit, as of now all they have available in 7.62x39 is Golden Tiger, $329.90 per 1k. No thanks. <_<

Edited by post-apocalyptic

J&G has always advertised ammo they do not have. They have been out for a good while, just like everyone else. Ever check out gulfcoastammunition? They advertise good prices but you can't get ahold of them or you get the old bait and switch. Alot of the SGN ads are repetitive circulars.

Ordered two wolf 7.62x39 640 round HP tins on 04/07 they were back-ordered, were not in stock at the time. UPS guy just delivered them today. So not that long a wait for back-order at Cabelas. 3.33 cents a round.

Ordered two wolf 7.62x39 640 round HP tins on 04/07 they were back-ordered, were not in stock at the time. UPS guy just delivered them today. So not that long a wait for back-order at Cabelas. 3.33 cents a round.

I think you mean $0.33/per round. ;) That's an ok price at best imo. But of course, we gotta pay what we gotta pay. That's still far better than CtD for example.

I'm still searching for more Russian JHP/FMJ for ~$0.28/round or less...