+1 Cheaper Than Dirt

So you opened a thread to tell us that they sent you what you ordered? :unsure:

To make my post at least remotely useful and to answer your question, BP-02s more than likely are coming from Belarus (which is a country) since the company that makes them (POSP) is in Belarus.

Edited by Agias
So you opened a thread to tell us that they sent you what you ordered? :unsure:

To make my post at least remotely useful and to answer your question, BP-02s more than likely are coming from Belarus (which is a country) since the company that makes them (POSP) is in Belarus.

Not trying to bust your balls, so I'll say it like this. After what CTD has done with their ammo in the last few months, they will never see a dime of my money again. $500 for 1000 rounds of steel X39 is unforgivable.

Not trying to bust your balls, so I'll say it like this. After what CTD has done with their ammo in the last few months, they will never see a dime of my money again. $500 for 1000 rounds of steel X39 is unforgivable.

+10!!

Imho, fuck "Cheaper than Dirt"! In my experience their customer service is bad to terrible, and the way they're intentionally gouging people on Russian 7.62x39 is absolutely despicable. There really is no excuse for it. They should change their name to "Fuck You, Pay Us", as that seems to sum up their attitude and business practices very well. :evil:

This is *REALLY* surprising. I haven't read a thread in a year or so praising CTD. I bought some magazines off them in years past, but because of their current high prices and "Screw-U" shipping costs they will not be seeing a dime from old Sal for a while. :smoke:

Screw Cheaper than dirt. Thier stuff is often twice the price of other retailers. They won't even send an AK stock or G2 trigger group to California, believing that it is illegal to ship here.

CTD ships quick, which I will give them credit for, but paying the over-inflated prices is not worth it IMO. Cabelas and Midway ship just as fast, and have much better prices.

And concerning CTD, I won't even get into the instant price-gouging tactics they employed when the ammo grab started.

Well I have to yield to the experience of you gentlemen. I'm an old hunter...trap and skeet shooter that has been OBAMAZIZED. I certainly am inexperience at ordering gunning stuff from online venders...especially this new rifle stuff. Never could use anything larger than a 22 around here, except for muzzleloader. My local gun shop has always had all the stuff I needed to shoot, reload and do what I wanted to do. I was posting to let folks know that CTD did OK by me...I have read of some venders ripping off. And they had the best price I could find for what I wanted....and yes the shipping fee offset it a little...but they had what I wanted in stock....and I got it quick. That's all...except I wish my mount would get here!!! Any one ever order from GoodOptics?

Just curious, which retailers havent done this? Supply and demand. They are paying more for it too.

Just curious, which retailers havent done this? Supply and demand. They are paying more for it too.

Even while shit was rough cabelas wasn't doing that to me. admitedly i was having to wait 2 months or so to get my orders in...

Just curious, which retailers haven't done this? Supply and demand. They are paying more for it too.

Aim, Cabelas, Midway, Etc., only increased prices as they purchased more expensive inventory. Good honest retailers did not gouge prices on inventory they already had.

CTD almost doubled their prices shortly after the ammo legislation scare happened. Ammoman did some price gouging too. Same as gas station owners that double the price of fuel based on a sudden change in oil prices, even though their current inventory was purchased for cheap. I have not checked lately, but 3 weeks ago CTD was charging $500 for 1,000/rnds wolf, while cabelas was charging $280 for a brand-new shipment. This is known as "price gouging" - and is an unethical practice IMO.

I just purchased a replacement scope from CtD. I broke my old one on my hunting trip when I dropped my rifle. My previous scope was a $60 Leapers 3-9x40. I looked long and hard at other manufacturers and sellers, comparing reviews, prices, and features, before ordering the exact same scope I had before from CtD again. Why? Because I know that scope is good, and I know the optics are incredible. And it's cheaper than the Simmons scopes which get worse reviews.

Just curious, which retailers haven't done this? Supply and demand. They are paying more for it too.

Aim, Cabelas, Midway, Etc., only increased prices as they purchased more expensive inventory. Good honest retailers did not gouge prices on inventory they already had.

CTD almost doubled their prices shortly after the ammo legislation scare happened. Ammoman did some price gouging too. Same as gas station owners that double the price of fuel based on a sudden change in oil prices, even though their current inventory was purchased for cheap. I have not checked lately, but 3 weeks ago CTD was charging $500 for 1,000/rnds wolf, while cabelas was charging $280 for a brand-new shipment. This is known as "price gouging" - and is an unethical practice IMO.

Bingo. This is my issue. There is no rhyme or reason to the way they set their prices. I think they just throw a price out there and see who will pay it. They can do what they want, but I won't be a part of it.

I've been a part of the "Fuck CTD" bandwagon since right after Obama got elected. When they jacked up the price of PMags. Not just because they did this, but because they blatantly LIED about WHY they did it. Now all this BS with ammo pricing.

Eff'em hard.

They don't have anything that I can't get elsewhere for cheaper.

I have their catalog and maybe 2 dozen others that I use for packing paper... Beats buying it.

also works in the shop for keeping oil on small parts, or wiping up spills, cleaning the grill, lining pet cages.... Really what is a CTD catalog not good for? Oh yeah shopping :P

I bought something from them two or thee years ago and they keep sending them.... Oh wait I bought some inert ammo from them a few months ago, they should say that its "Play" ammo belts not inert, because its not resized it won't cycle without a round getting stuck in the chamber every so often.

Edited by csspecs

Note to self: Don't order from CTD... Ever.

I've had great luck on Gunbroker for some of the more "exotic" ammo. Probably still somewhat over priced compared to pre-NObama days, but sometimes ya gotta take what you can get. The higher ammo prices definitely is "Change" I don't believe in... Lol :-)

Edited by gothchick
Wow! Insane. I found Wolf Military Classic FMJ's at Dick's a couple days ago (they had pretty much a full shelf) for 8 bucks a box. Considering it's a retail outlet and you're not buying bulk, that seems kind of reasonable.

Not even close to being so, imhop