• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about re-labeling the General Discussion - "Any topic is welcome here", to something to the effect of, "General Discussion - Any topic not covered by the other sub-forums"? It seems like it is th

Where, I ask you, "Where is the Dislike button?"     I can only Like so much.

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to the

Posted Images

Probably some fucking Chinese. Hey, Chinaman! How's that one kid thing working

out for you? I hear you all want boys! There any more women left in China, or

all you all giving each other the Szechuan Pork?

The IP is in Moldova (Russian.)

Ah damn, well see my Molvania comment in general discussion then.

Can I leave the Szechuan Pork joke up?

Yeah--I've just been trying to get rid of all of this bozo's posts.

So you did not try the generic vigara then? :lolol:

Seriously though? If we have the spammers IP? why cant we return the favor? :devil:

Ah damn, well see my Molvania comment in general discussion then.

Can I leave the Szechuan Pork joke up?

Yeah--I've just been trying to get rid of all of this bozo's posts.

So you did not try the generic vigara then? :lolol:

Seriously though? If we have the spammers IP? why cant we return the favor? :devil:

I don't need it.:rolleyes:

Returning the favor is beyond my skills but I bet Max knows how.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible for the Mods or Makc to lift the time restriction on editing posts from the WTS forum only? Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to be able to edit the OP of a WTS ad that's gone past the usual time of being able to edit. Whether to keep from having to bump it when marking it SPF (and this bumping someone elses active ad down a notch), or to edit details of the OP, etc, etc...

• 2 months later...

Please move my "I got my Draco" thread to the Other AK's forum... I apologize that I was so excited I posted it in the 7.62x39 Saiga forum!

Thanks and my apologies!

Done! Thanks for the heads up!

Question: would posting about a custom gear maker's work constitute a rules violation? I just bought some nice stripper-clip pouches from a custom maker, and had a great experience working with him. I would want to post a picture of the pouches and a link to his photo site (he doesn't have a storefront).

A bunch of our vendors carry tactical nylon and TheVestGuy.com does custom gear, so I could see such a post being construed as being in competition with a paid site vendor. If a direct link is deemed a no-go, I'd like to at least be able to post enough info so people could find his work.

Thanks...

Question: would posting about a custom gear maker's work constitute a rules violation? I just bought some nice stripper-clip pouches from a custom maker, and had a great experience working with him. I would want to post a picture of the pouches and a link to his photo site (he doesn't have a storefront).

A bunch of our vendors carry tactical nylon and TheVestGuy.com does custom gear, so I could see such a post being construed as being in competition with a paid site vendor. If a direct link is deemed a no-go, I'd like to at least be able to post enough info so people could find his work.

Thanks...

Far as I understand you can talk about them but not post any direct links, and don't trash any current vendors of the same type items.

Thanks...

Far as I understand you can talk about them but not post any direct links, and don't trash any current vendors of the same type items.

I can work with that. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Spammer alert: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/user/34267-addicttreatment/

Interesting wrinkle - they used the status updates, not the forums. No way to 'report a status update.'

[edited to add - feel free to delete this post or edit it so that the spambag's keywords don't linger...]

Edited by protected static
  • 1 month later...

Any chance we could add a sticky post in general for movie reviews? We all watch 'em, and talk about them on an individual basis, why not condense it. In the last week I watched : True grit, Battle Los Angeles, Hall Pass. I would love to get input and opinions before watching.

• 2 weeks later...

How about re-labeling the General Discussion - "Any topic is welcome here", to something to the effect of, "General Discussion - Any topic not covered by the other sub-forums"? It seems like it is the first stop for shitloads of posts that should belong in the other sub-forums. For example, if your post is regarding a handgun, post in the handgun sub-forum for the love of God! When I want to look at S12 posts, I look in that sub-forum. When I look in General Discussion, I expect to see topics on whatever the other sub-forums don't cover. Not someone's friggin new AK... again! Things have kind of run amok in the General Discussion IMO. Create and enforce some posting guidelines, temporarily suspend those who keep posting shit in the wrong place. People will get the message.

Another thing that could save some clutter on this forum. Every other day it seems, someone posts a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI, Best Saiga, AK vs AR, or caliber argument thread which is getting pretty damn old. How about a Mod using the Delete key on such repetitive madness or edit the original post to say, "I couldn't help myself and had to repost something really stupid that has been posted before", then lock the thread so nobody can reply to it? Once again, people will learn after having their name associated with posts like that and might knock it off.

All the rest of the sub-forums seem to follow suit with what they are intended for. General Discussion has turned into General Nuisance.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

My suggestion to address the calls for less stickys in the S12 forum is to remove the picture comment thread. No one uses it and the picture only rule is not enforced. People comment and ask questions, which are then answered, in the pic thread instead of the comment thread. Just an observation and suggestion.

• Like 2

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/15198-norinco-hunter-vs-saiga-762x39/page__pid__650928#entry650928

Could we lock that Poll? It was started in 2007, last post was May of this year, yet its still on the first page and near the top of the 7.62x39 forum.

Thanks, Tritium.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if the Mods can do this, or if Makc has to be the one, but removing the editing restrictions in the WTS section would be cool. Such as removing the restriction where you can't edit the OP after X amount of days, or how you can't edit the titles of threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Can the comments in the S12 picture thread be moved to the picture comment thread? Or could people just stop putting their comments in the picture thread.I understand that sometimes the urge to comment is unbearable, but that is why there is a comment thread. Or just make the comment thread not a sticky.I'm sure any of these would be well recieved.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably stupid and miniscule, dont know if anyone else has same experience. I find myself confusing "pinned" with "poll" because they"re both highlighted green. If its at the top I'll scroll past it thinking its a sticky. Didnt know if it was a pain in the ass to change "poll" highlighting to another color. Theres my complaint for the year, figured I better get it in. Thanks for all the work mods! I will also add I agree with King the coversation in the s-12 picture thread does get excessive at times, a little isnt bad though.

• 1 month later...

We need a modern feedback system. You know..... where people can go to someone's profile and see it before they send money or a trade item. The honor system only works with honorable people. Many, including myself, did not and do not realize that they have to search the feedback forum for a user's name to see what they have for feedback and then read all of the search results to be sure there are no negs. If it could be visible by our avatar in our posts, that would be ideal, but most of us would just be happy to find it anywhere other than searching, at this point.

Any help/effort would be greatly appreciated.

We need a modern feedback system. You know..... where people can go to someone's profile and see it before they send money or a trade item. The honor system only works with honorable people. Many, including myself, did not and do not realize that they have to search the feedback forum for a user's name to see what they have for feedback and then read all of the search results to be sure there are no negs. If it could be visible by our avatar in our posts, that would be ideal, but most of us would just be happy to find it anywhere other than searching, at this point.

Any help/effort would be greatly appreciated.

The past couple years the genie is out of the bottle and impossible to get back in. In the past there was only ONE feedback thread (not hundreds like now) and now it's very time consuming to get all the info you're looking for.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...