• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about re-labeling the General Discussion - "Any topic is welcome here", to something to the effect of, "General Discussion - Any topic not covered by the other sub-forums"? It seems like it is th

Where, I ask you, "Where is the Dislike button?"     I can only Like so much.

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to the

Posted Images

Could we get an "Edged weapons" category placed in "other weapons" ? I feel it'd be nice.

Made the same request a couple years back...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK I've been wanting to say something about this subject for a long time. Normally I'd just call Max or one of you other awesome guys who donate your time.

Cut to the chase here...

WTF is up with the "political section" being password protected? I was the one, or at least one of the first to... (speaking up for Racegal20) even suggest we HAVE a political section here for people to discuss very important gun rights issues... not fucking bullshit "debates" that some bored people enjoy getting into. Because of the trolls and assholes that type of subject attracts unfortunately, the section soon became taboo and got "password protected" just like that other ridiculous section gone bad, the fight club.... don't even get me started....

So sorry, it's apple pie night and I just feel this has become an "issue" with our membership being confused as to where they may or may not post important info. Yeah sure I understand, lots of folks think they should not have to endure any talk about things they didn't come here to see. Well I know when I'm rarely watching TV and I see some BS I have no interest in... I change the F'n channel! I don't go crying to the provider. Can anything at all be done here to help fix this situation y'all? The political environment was just becoming this volatile when the section was first started.... the whole reason for that. How are we supposed to be able to discuss things with total honesty if the most critical topics get moved?

Sorry ahead of time for any stress this post may cause you guys. I know all too well what that's like.

My "Guess" would be a LOT of topics got too toxic with CK, BigSal and a few others with 50 shill accounts ea...

many were complaining about all the "Crap" in the feed.. So, it was the easiest way to "filter" the crap..

again, just a guess...

maybe in the future, we will be able to customize what we see in our feed, who knows?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to their position in a thread?

The mods never get any respect or thanks. Why not throw something their way?

Thanks!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to their position in a thread?

The mods never get any respect or thanks. Why not throw something their way?

Thanks!

I concur!

On a side note, our "search" feature sucks big balls.  I can never find anything I want using it.  Not user friendly at all.anger.gif

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ummm...  yeah...  That will make it less frustratingrolling%20laugh.gifrolling%20laugh.gifrolling%20laugh.gif

Was there a change made here or not?

Nope

You would think the mods would like that fact that we want to like them.

Ummm...  yeah...  That will make it less frustratingrolling%20laugh.gifrolling%20laugh.gifrolling%20laugh.gif

Nope

Mods don't have the mojo to change software settings for 'like.' Maybe Max can. The posted search link is a lot better than the forum's standard search mechanism.

Nope

The posted search link is a lot better than the forum's standard search mechanism.

Yeah, I know.  Going through another link doesn't make me happy the way a decent search feature would though.

• Like 1

Nope

Mods don't have the mojo to change software settings for 'like.' Maybe Max can. The posted search link is a lot better than the forum's standard search mechanism.

I don't think anyone insinuated that the Moderators had that mojo. Its Max' board so l understand that reigns supreme and he could turn the tap on if he thought it was worth his time. I think it's worth it... But... my $0.02 only goes so far... You and Gunny have suspended me in the past and that was your job  (I may disagree with those decisions, but I accept them)...  I just want the ability to shout out a mod at a "click" for their opinion, their job aside. You guys catch shit all time and never get any thanks or even agreement... So... I'm just looking to have a minor shout out added to the moderator's since they deserve it as much as any other poster. If that's not in the scope of forum ownership then OK.

Could we get the picture post thread in the Vepr-12 sub forum pinned?

Start your thread and then ask for a sticky and it will probably be done.

----------

edit: And YES.. Our search sucks a dick... My best friend for 20+ years is the author of MegaBBS and could help you out open source style! No reason to dwell in the past....

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • 2 weeks later...

I still can't like mod posts... sad.png I hate to play favorites, but Wolverine and Juggs need it the most (they appear to be the most active posting mods and tend to catch the most unintended shit due to their activity).

Edited by Maxwelhse

It would be VERY HELPFUL FOR THE MEMBERSHIP, not to mention us VENDORS who actually support this place and keep the people coming here and becoming contributing members, if the powers that be would update EVERY VENDOR's profile to show whether or not we are actually VERIFIED BUSINESSES and not just some fly by night operation they have to worry might steal their money and or parts sent in for service.

There are some vendors who's profiles show this but most do not.

• Like 2