• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about re-labeling the General Discussion - "Any topic is welcome here", to something to the effect of, "General Discussion - Any topic not covered by the other sub-forums"? It seems like it is th

Where, I ask you, "Where is the Dislike button?"     I can only Like so much.

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to the

Posted Images

A couple thoughts:

IMO, there are too many pinned discussions at the top of each forum. It would be in the best interest of the newbies to look at the threads and cull those that are no longer relivant. (Like some of the magazine threads from companies that are no longer shipping magazines.)

Likewise some forums (namely the tech and conversion forums) don't have enough easily accessible information. It gets frustrating to wade through years and years of posts to get to the answers you're looking for, only to discover that the information you've found doesn't apply to the particular saiga you own. (Like the .308 converting differently from everyone else. What I'd actually suggest for the conversion forums is to have a pinned "how to" for each grouping of saiga.) Also it seems redundant to me to have a "Saiga rifle conversions" section in the rifle area, and a "Tech and help on conversions" in the conversion section, along with a dedicated "conversions" section in tech.

A little bit of "history of the wall of shame" should probably be pinned in the Wall of shame.

It would be nice if someone got back on the case in the S-12 picture thread. It has filled up with banter again. It was supposed to be a strictly picture and description thread. All other commentary is supposed to go in the "sister thread". We used to work pretty hard to keep it that way for a reason. It's the most popular picture thread here and at 14 pages and growing, it needs to be just pictures, not a bunch of oohs and ahhs, and how'd ya do dat, and "you have issues" crap.... :rolleyes:

READ the title and the first post people!

It would be nice if someone got back on the case in the S-12 picture thread. It has filled up with banter again. It was supposed to be a strictly picture and description thread. All other commentary is supposed to go in the "sister thread". We used to work pretty hard to keep it that way for a reason. It's the most popular picture thread here and at 14 pages and growing, it needs to be just pictures, not a bunch of oohs and ahhs, and how'd ya do dat, and "you have issues" crap.... :rolleyes:

+10

I myself got out of hand, but fucking trolls will get you going that way sometimes!

No problem buddy. I know exactly what you mean...that's why I have declared war on the motherfuckers. Too many people here want to just run their mouths about everything, with no respect or consideration for others.

+10

I myself got out of hand, butt fucking trolls will get you going that way sometimes!

There...fixed it for ya...lol.

:lolol:

• Like 1

+10

I myself got out of hand, butt fucking trolls will get you going that way sometimes!

There...fixed it for ya...lol.

:lolol:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

No problem buddy. I know exactly what you mean...that's why I have declared war on the motherfuckers. Too many people here want to just run their mouths about everything, with no respect or consideration for others.

I know who you're talking about, heh.

Perhaps banning people who make pretty much no contribution and just bitch all the time and insult forum members would send a message. Perhaps just warnings, "Keep trolling and you're gone." If I was a troll in most of my posts, I'd expect to be banned, unfortunately the current message seems to be unless you go out of your way to insult a business member, keep up your trolling. Don't get me wrong, I'm in to Freedom of Speech, but being a troll/dick/asshole/bitch isn't a Right, it isn't even a privilege, it is just a way of living a very pathetic life. If you're a troll, I don't want you in my community. As a member of this community, I have respect for the elders, those contributors, business members, and moderators who take time out of their day to improve the community. When I read posts by people who have racked up 1000+ posts I try to be respectful, because they deserve my respect, even if I absolutely don't agree with their opinion! When a person shows no respect, they don't understand what it means to be in a community, in my opinion, they should be tossed out. Frankly, if I ever met any of the trolls here and they spoke to me in the same manner as they post, it would probably end in fisticuffs. I'm only 32 and I'm already too old to want to deal with trolls/dicks/asshole/losers/etc.

Per other stuff "to do", the forum is great aside from the trolls, you f*ing rock!

Edited by vbrtrmn
  • Like 1

Purged......

I know who you're talking about, heh.

Perhaps banning people who make pretty much no contribution and just bitch all the time and insult forum members would send a message. Perhaps just warnings, "Keep trolling and you're gone." If I was a troll in most of my posts, I'd expect to be banned, unfortunately the current message seems to be unless you go out of your way to insult a business member, keep up your trolling. Don't get me wrong, I'm in to Freedom of Speech, but being a troll/dick/asshole/bitch isn't a Right, it isn't even a privilege, it is just a way of living a very pathetic life. If you're a troll, I don't want you in my community. As a member of this community, I have respect for the elders, those contributors, business members, and moderators who take time out of their day to improve the community. When I read posts by people who have racked up 1000+ posts I try to be respectful, because they deserve my respect, even if I absolutely don't agree with their opinion! When a person shows no respect, they don't understand what it means to be in a community, in my opinion, they should be tossed out. Frankly, if I ever met any of the trolls here and they spoke to me in the same manner as they post, it would probably end in fisticuffs. I'm only 32 and I'm already too old to want to deal with trolls/dicks/asshole/losers/etc.

Per other stuff "to do", the forum is great aside from the trolls, you f*ing rock!

But what exactly constitutes trolling? What constitutes an insult?

Take a gander over at the gunsandammomag.com forums, a troll there is anyone who does not end every single post with "golly gosh darn it make sure you follow all firearm safety rules. god bless george bush, support our troops, zombie reagan 2012!"

If you go about banning every "troll" you end up have very, very biased moderation. Before you know it, a troll is anyone who has any different opinion at all than with anyone else. and like it or not, it's controversy that keeps a forum going. if people don't disagree, if people don't add, if everyone just preaches to the choir, every single thread turns into a 7-post +1-fest and it's not soon after that it gets boring and no one wants to come to your forum anymore.

I know Im someone you'd consider a troll, but honestly, despite our differences, I'm like you. I'm an honest, hardworking american gun owner who likes freedom. maybe I come across disagreeing on most things but at the core we are much the same. We're from all walks of life all over the country, of course you're gonna have some arguments.

Why ban people like me? Do you really want a forum that's just some little clique +1'ing each other all day?

• Like 1

Please Moralize crap elsewhere......

If there is work to be done..... let me know....

I'm not about to ban folks for differing opinions...

I just wanted to point out something I noticed. General Discussion is no longer an 'anything goes' section. I guess we should all try our best to start threads in the appropriate forum to save the mods some work.

That also makes it hard to find things sometimes.

How about a hot deals sub-forum, something for posting every cheap ammo deal and xyz store has an S12 for $xxx out there. Might be too much of a hassle, since the forum is very heavily sponsor driven, posting other deals could take away from their business.

Just a suggestion, don't really care if you use it or not.

Please Moralize crap elsewhere......

If there is work to be done..... let me know....

I'm not about to ban folks for differing opinions...

Hey Jugs how about taking the business section and put it in alphabetical order? It would make it somewhat easier when you are looking for say Chaos or Cobra as they are about half way down.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice if someone got back on the case in the S-12 picture thread.

I wonder if Max could push some buttons, and make an all-member postable gallery, and just put a link to different calibers for each subforum.....it would be yet one more thing for staff to patrol, but might be worth while....just thinking out loud here - I cant look at some threads quickly, due to my PC's low RAM.....its getting to the point of annoying me so much that Im going to actually BUY a computer component for the first time in two decades......a stupid uncommon pattern, "stick".

It would be nice if someone got back on the case in the S-12 picture thread.

I wonder if Max could push some buttons, and make an all-member postable gallery, and just put a link to different calibers for each subforum.....it would be yet one more thing for staff to patrol, but might be worth while....just thinking out loud here - I cant look at some threads quickly, due to my PC's low RAM.....its getting to the point of annoying me so much that Im going to actually BUY a computer component for the first time in two decades......a stupid uncommon pattern, "stick".

You mean like this one?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?autocom=gallery

Dude that's been there for a long time. I was just thinking the other day about how it doesn't get used much though....or at least I haven't put anything in there in a while....

I mean USE the gallery as the topic's thread itself, sorta kinda.

If you want to see what some users have to go through to use inet and web sites, pull all but one stick of ram outta your computer, and go look at one of the picture heavy threads. Then go open a gallery with a buttload of pictures in it, notice the difference.

The other side to that, is it would help lighten Max's server load considerably.

Im not sure how he could implement it really, short of adding a gallery to each forum section. Guys like to talk about their guns and such, so Im not really even sure how good of an idea that really is....

• 1 month later...
:smoke: Hey are you guys going to add a Saiga 5.45x39 forum to the Rifle Sub Section now that they are trickling into the country??? :smoke:

I'd hardly call a finite number "trickling in".

. . already had a discussion about it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42426&hl=

Why don't we all wait until RAAC gets theirs in before we start calling for a 5.45x39 forum. .

As of now, every 5.45x39 Saiga in country is a rich man's toy / 'stick it away in the safe' / 'collectors item' (thanks to K-Var/Arsenal's marketing strategies)

I mean it'd suck to make a forum where only one or two of us (with more money than brains) could post anything . . . .

Edited by nalioth
:smoke: Hey are you guys going to add a Saiga 5.45x39 forum to the Rifle Sub Section now that they are trickling into the country??? :smoke:

I'd hardly call a finite number "trickling in".

. . already had a discussion about it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42426&hl=

Why don't we all wait until RAAC gets theirs in before we start calling for a 5.45x39 forum. .

As of now, every 5.45x39 Saiga in country is a rich man's toy / 'stick it away in the safe' / 'collectors item' (thanks to K-Var/Arsenal's marketing strategies)

I mean it'd suck to make a forum where only one or two of us (with more money than brains) could post anything . . . .

ehh? there are 5.45x39 saigas. This is the saiga forum. Seems kinda odd there is no sub forum for the rifle. Even assuming RAAC doesn't bring these things in there should still be a sub forum for those three or four guys who buy one.... I mean look at the activity level in some of the odd caliber sub forums. Do you really think more people will own a Saiga-20 than will ultimately own a 5.45x39? Just seems silly not to add one....

If anything maybe at least a 5.45x39 forum for any rifles of that caliber. There are many AK-74s in the country. I just got a 5.45 AR and would like to see more talk about the round. We should also remember that we Americans are not the only ones participating in this forum...

If anything maybe at least a 5.45x39 forum for any rifles of that caliber. There are many AK-74s in the country. I just got a 5.45 AR and would like to see more talk about the round. We should also remember that we Americans are not the only ones participating in this forum...

Request has been made... lets see what happens from here...

(FWIW... I can not create forums /sub forums)

I don't know if you guys (Mods) have the powers to do this, or if you'd have to pass it on to Max.........but I have an idea.

Up at the top, there's those clickable links for the Business Members. It's all good, but the banner can only show 8 links at a time. Now that we have so many Business Members here, that leaves out a lot of them, on any given rotation.

So I was thinking it would be cool if the pictures that are below each business name in the vendor section could be made into a link to their website (just like the banner up top).

The only other way to get a link to their sites, is to manually find a post of theirs, and hope they have a link in their sig-line (DPH, put a damn link in your sig!!!! :D )......or hope you catch the banner up top on a rotation that displays the link you're looking for.

I think it would make finding their sites (and potentially, making them more money) a lot easier.

What say you, Mods?

I just clicked on the Atlantic Firearms banner (the small one) and it took me to their site.

What's the problem bro?

Maybe if anything, we could see if Max could add another row of the smaller banners below the existing one?

I don't know if you guys (Mods) have the powers to do this, or if you'd have to pass it on to Max.........but I have an idea.

Up at the top, there's those clickable links for the Business Members. It's all good, but the banner can only show 8 links at a time. Now that we have so many Business Members here, that leaves out a lot of them, on any given rotation.

So I was thinking it would be cool if the pictures that are below each business name in the vendor section could be made into a link to their website (just like the banner up top).

The only other way to get a link to their sites, is to manually find a post of theirs, and hope they have a link in their sig-line (DPH, put a damn link in your sig!!!! :D )......or hope you catch the banner up top on a rotation that displays the link you're looking for.

I think it would make finding their sites (and potentially, making them more money) a lot easier.

What say you, Mods?

Dude.... you need me to serf the web FOR you!!!???? LOL!! J/K!!!! :haha:

Most of them already do....