homemade high-caps

Amish- Call them 5 and make them a 'little' long. Also we need 10 rd. .410 er's. (totaly legal due to bore less than 1/2"). The wife has a .410 and needs mags! (It is always wise to give a momma with a shotgun what she wants!)

G O B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
and then the 20 gauge is not too bad either... till ya start running the slugs thru it... then its got a little bite to it, but just because its so light... If you add some weight to the stock it wouldnt be anywhere near as bad...

The 20 gauge has bite with slugs? I was firing 5-rounders filled with slugs out of my 12 for over an hour (probably went through about 3 dozen or so), and I didn't feel anything...

post-1670-1111304702.gifMore progress has been made and I expect to assemble a Prototype this week. What I need is a Mag Spring around the same size and tension as the 8rd. Any ideas are welcome.

Also I need input on how many people are interested in actually Buying a Sheet Metal after-market mag that functions reliably? Also, how much would you expect to pay for one? Current design is for an 8rd. , but if it functions flawlessly, then bigger mags and/or smaller mags will be on the way. Input is important as I get closer to a reliable Prototype.

Keep in mind that these mags will count as U.S. parts.

All comments appreciated. Amish out.

post-1670-1111305018_thumb.jpg

Amish,

That is an awesome little CNC mill you have there. Care to share a little about it?

Thanks

post-1670-1111304702.gifMore progress has been made and I expect to assemble a Prototype this week. What I need is a Mag Spring around the same size and tension as the 8rd. Any ideas are welcome.

Also I need input on how many people are interested in actually Buying a Sheet Metal after-market mag that functions reliably?  Also, how much would you expect to pay for one?  Current design is for an 8rd. , but if it functions flawlessly, then bigger mags and/or smaller mags will be on the way. Input is important as I get closer to a reliable Prototype.

Keep in mind that these mags will count as U.S. parts.

All comments appreciated. Amish out.

I don't care if the mags are made outta green cheese, as long as they work 100% and are readily available and reasonably priced. I define "reasonably" as somewhere within the $30-50 apiece range. The less expensive they end up being, the more I'll buy.

HERE WE GO....

This thread is going to mimic the DAEWOO 308 high cap mag thread with EVERYONE and their brother stating the numbers they want....

Time to move it to the "only go here if you want to buy mags" section of the forum... where the daewoo thread SHOULD GO....

LOL

after 27,986 posts for 26,784 people telling how many mags they want each... I pity the fool thats going to actually read thru it and tabulate them all...

why not wait till its ALL DONE... the mags are AVAILABLE FOR SALE...

and *THEN* bombard the poor soul with an astronomically high number of magazine requests to umpteen thousand DIFFERENT ADDRESSES... I feel bad for whoever has to actually PACKAGE AND DISTRIBUTE *THAT MANY* distinctly DIFFERENT parcels...

maybe someone would like to step up to VOLUNTEER their time to be the distributor for HIM, the manufacturer, in return for some freebies??? all the addy's get emailed to THAT PERSON... and the mags get sent to him in BULK LOTS.. then THEY get to lick and stick and send out thousands of 1 pound packages till the demand is met. :)

As for me...

I dont want any thanks.. cant have over 5 rounders in NY state...

:smoke:

Indy,

I think most of us just figure that Amish is testing the waters, just to see if it's gonna be worth his while. It's not like he's taking pre-orders, or asking for a deposit or anything.

I agree, it's kind of ridiculous to start bombarding him with emails, orders, and shipping info at this point.

If he goes forward, we'll know. :D

Gummerfan

the typical response from this board is to get scared by the number 10.  There is no documentation from any agency stating 10 rounds is evil. 

To answer your question, yes.  There is demand and you will easily sell hundreds depending on price assuming it is reliable. 

Make a functioning 10 rounder and they will come.

caspian

Go ahead. Kiss your guns goodbye. Assholes like this are the friends of the gun grabbers.