CA Legal Pistol grip/mag lock combo

did you find what you were looking for ? if not you can try here , I have no affiliation with these guys I got them off the internet ,so im not sure how good or bad there stuff is so , http://www.riflegear.com/c-42-ak-products.aspx

Those do not work for the S12. I got mine through Henderson Defense.

Since your not going to be able to LEGALLY get the S12 in country without the BB first, your going to need a middleman shop to install the lock. Have it shipped to HD, they can do the work and THEN ship it to your local FFL behind the border.

While you're at it, they can do the pistol grip conversion and add HK sights... or what else you may desire.

Edited by lokmeup

I think an out of the box S12 is legal CA, it has only one so called evil feature , the detachable mag. i think if you change the stock to a telescopic, or a folding stock, or a pistol grip, than it has 2 evil features than you need a mag lock. but im not sure on this , so dont take my word for this. find out legally first

if you have 2 or more of the following it is classified as a assault weapon

1) fixed mag capacity of more than 5 rounds<--- Saiga's mag isn't fixed

2) pistol grip

3) folding/collapsing stock

4) ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE<---Only allowed Saiga feature

Edited by csl
I think an out of the box S12 is legal CA, it has only one so called evil feature , the detachable mag. i think if you change the stock to a telescopic, or a folding stock, or a pistol grip, than it has 2 evil features than you need a mag lock. but im not sure on this , so dont take my word for this. find out legally first

1) fixed mag capacity of more than 5 rounds<--- Saiga's mag isn't fixed

2) pistol grip

3) folding/collapsing stock

4) ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE<---Only allowed Saiga feature

Don't fool yourself. An S12 out of the box is just as evil as an AR out of the box. If you want to have one legally in Kali, you will have to have the mag lock on it prior to taking possesion of one. I got mine from a dealer here in Kali with the mag lock installed. Most out of state dealers won't shipped a standard S12 to Kali if it doesn't have the mag lock mod.

The evil features you mentioned is about conforming to 922r which is Federal law. Kali law is more stringent in that they require the mag lock whether it is converted or not.

we have an increased pay schedule for CA compliant saigas, at Cadiz Gun Works. YES WE DO CA COMPLIANT CA guns.

We are paperworked to ship to your local dealer as well, as per state law.

740 942 3175 EST 9-5 to discuss pricing and terms for CA compliance.

I don't understand what you mean. The pistol grip is on one side of the trigger guard and the mag locke/ mag release is on the otherside of the trigger guard. How is it that there's no space for the mag lock? I just converted mine and I have no issues with the mag lock at all.

BTW, even with the mag lock on your gun, the following are not legal on your gun for Kali:

1) Folding stock

2) Telescopic/ collapsable stock

3) Vertical fore grip VFG

4) Drum mags of any kind (rotating cylinder) even if it is only 10rnds.

5) Flash suppressor/ hider

Yah, Kalifornia is that strict.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand what you mean. The pistol grip is on one side of the trigger guard and the mag locke/ mag release is on the otherside of the trigger guard. How is it that there's no space for the mag lock? I just converted mine and I have no issues with the mag lock at all.

BTW, even with the mag lock on your gun, the following are not legal on your gun for Kali:

1) Folding stock

2) Telescopic/ collapsable stock

3) Vertical fore grip VFG

4) Drum mags of any kind (rotating cylinder) even if it is only 10rnds.

5) Flash suppressor/ hider

Yah, Kalifornia is that strict.

Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that the Folding stock, Fore grip and or any other "scary features were totally legal in the "Republic of California" as long as the maglock is installed. The website at "riflegear.com" says just that. Do you own a CAli legal Saiga? You might check nto it.

Sincerely, Bob T.

2008 Dangerous Weapons Control Law

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

() A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

where does it say Flash suppressor/ hider for shotguns , I prolly missed it

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php

Edited by csl
Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that the Folding stock, Fore grip and or any other "scary features were totally legal in the "Republic of California" as long as the maglock is installed. The website at "riflegear.com" says just that. Do you own a CAli legal Saiga? You might check nto it.

Sincerely, Bob T.

This is true for rifles... but NOT SHOTGUNS.

There are more restrictions on semi-automatic shotties.

A shotgun to be illegal in the State of California set forth by the provisions in PC 12276.1 are as follows.

it has to be a semi auto and

it has to have a folding/telescoping stock AND A pistol grip

or it has to have a detachable mag.

or a shotgun with a revolving cylinder(like a street sweeper) THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE DRUM STYLE MAGS. THOSE ARE CALLED "ROTARY" MAGAZINES.

Furthermore, hi capacity is 10 rounds.

Edited by hallboss
A shotgun to be illegal in the State of California set forth by the provisions in PC 12276.1 are as follows.

or a shotgun with a revolving cylinder(like a street sweeper) THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE DRUM STYLE MAGS. THOSE ARE CALLED "ROTARY" MAGAZINES.

I thought the mag capacity is limited at 10rnds? Is it suppose to be less? 5rnds? Also given that who would want to pay all that money just to have a drum mag that has 10rnds or less? Seems like a waste.

I would buy the 10 round drum if its going to be priced right which I think it will be ,it would be because I like the look of the drum on the s12 , thats prolly the only reason for me . just wondering do the drums have benefits over the mags ? does it cycle faster than the reg mags ? etc

Edited by csl

I thought the mag capacity is limited at 10rnds? Is it suppose to be less? 5rnds? Also given that who would want to pay all that money just to have a drum mag that has 10rnds or less? Seems like a waste.

The purpose of a drum is not just for increased capacity. Most people choose a drum, not for the capacity but for the increase clearance for shooting around objects and prone. But that is not the point.

The point is a drum magazine is not mentioned in the Penal Code. Drum mags are legally referred to as rotary magazine. They contain the ammo and feed the ammo in a rotary fashion into feed lips which then feed the ammo into the receiver. While "revolving cylinders" in effect are part of the receiver. It means anything that revolves and places the ammo for firing, like a revolver, plus the ammo is NOT ejected.

I left some out, hi capacity is anything over 10 rounds. Sorry

12276.1 is commonly misread. There are sections for rifles and shotguns, neither apply to the other. Flash hiders and some of the other stuff in the rifle section do not apply to the shotgun. Actually, the shotgun portion is not nearly as strict as the rifle.

Edited by hallboss

The purpose of a drum is not just for increased capacity. Most people choose a drum, not for the capacity but for the increase clearance for shooting around objects and prone. But that is not the point.

The point is a drum magazine is not mentioned in the Penal Code. Drum mags are legally referred to as rotary magazine. They contain the ammo and feed the ammo in a rotary fashion into feed lips which then feed the ammo into the receiver. While "revolving cylinders" in effect are part of the receiver. It means anything that revolves and places the ammo for firing, like a revolver, plus the ammo is NOT ejected.

12276.1 is commonly misread. There are sections for rifles and shotguns, neither apply to the other. Flash hiders and some of the other stuff in the rifle section do not apply to the shotgun. Actually, the shotgun portion is not nearly as strict as the rifle.

I think that the shotgun is stricter because with a rifle you can have a detachable magazine in a sporting config with no other evil feature , with a shotgun it is a no no just simply by having a detachable magazine in its sporting config , the semi-auto shotgun is evil by simply being a semi-auto, with a det mag

Edited by csl
I would buy the 10 round drum if its going to be priced right which I think it will be ,it would be because I like the look of the drum on the s12 , thats prolly the only reason for me . just wondering do the drums have benefits over the mags ? does it cycle faster than the reg mags ? etc

So far an MD Arms drum is well of $200. It can be shipped with a 10rnd capacity.

For that amount you can get four (4) AGP 10rnd mags (40rnds total) so I don't see the practicality in that.

I think that the shotgun is stricter because with a rifle you can have a detachable magazine in a sporting config with no other evil feature , with a shotgun it is a no no just simply by having a detachable magazine in its sporting config , the semi-auto shotgun is evil by simply being a semi-auto, with a det mag

What I was referring to was what is considered evil features. There are more of those for a rifle than a shotty, but you are right in respect to the shotgun you cannot have a detachable mag and that is much more strict than with a rifle.

• 2 years later...