WTB Dragunov/NDM-86 furniture

Looking for Dragunov/NDM-86 furniture original or reproduction for a Siaganov project.

Not sure about Dragunov furniture, but there is a guy who sells polymer PSL furniture on GB that you may be able to modify.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127383657

I'll keep an eye out for Dragunov furniture though.

Are you going to do a .308 Saiganov? If so don't you need to use the type of furniture shown in the ad for the glass stock and handguard on gunbroker. If you can mod a SVD to fit it may be a radical mod. I don't know where the furniture in the ad came from? Anyone ever seen it before?

If I'm not mistaken, the stock is a SVD part, correct? If you look at hand grip location, it's not a factory Saiga stock as the hand grip is further to the rear.

Looking for Dragunov/NDM-86 furniture original or reproduction for a Siaganov project.

Hey Perk, is the rifle shown a PSL? If so does this furniture fit on a Saiga?

Yeah, the rifle shown in that ad is a PSL. I have no idea if that furniture will fit on a Saiga though. I have a PSL but no Saiga to compare it to, sorry. I can tell you that the back of the receiver, looking at the gun in profile, is shaped like an arch. It is not shaped like a normal AK. The front handguards fit on like a normal AK, but I think they are different sizes (lenghs, and possibly barrel diameter). I can try and take some pictures of my PSL furniture up close tomorrow for you, if you'd like.

Perk,

On another post about Saiganov's, Mike the Wolf put forth the thought that the stock is an factory SVD but has been modified with a shaped block and a bolt, Not the best way to go! As far as the hand guard, it is clearly AK as you state. Please keep us updated on the full SVD style conversion of a Saiga. That really intrigues me and would like to see what you can do. In the mean time I'll keep looking for a source of likely furniture.

Carry on!

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/replaceme...partstkdra.aspx

I got a Centerfire mailer the other day and they had those listed in there. They also have the Dragunov/Tiger style Saiga buttstockes available. Why not go that route?

Again that is a PSL/FPK not a Dragunov/Tiger.

Quick way to tell.

The PSL/FPK upper handguard is shorter than the lower and is also split so you have a top and bottom.

The Dragunov/Tiger handguard is split so you have a left and right of the same length.

PSL/FPK = top and bottom

Dragunov/Tiger = left and right

The butt stock is a bit more difficult to tell apart as there are a lot of variations between the two and a lot of aftermarket PSL/FPK stocks are made to look like the Dragunov/Tiger.

However the way they attach to the receiver is different.

The PSL/FPK has a crescent shape facing the but stock that covers part of the stock.

The Dragunov/Tiger lacks the crescent and the stock covers part of the receiver in an L shape overlap.

PSL/FPK = receiver covers stock

Dragunov/Tiger = stock covers receiver

Dravunov/Tiger

Dragunov.jpg

PSL/FPK

000psl_red03.jpg

Edited by KrisFox

There is a guy on AK files that sells black ploymer sets for Dragunov styles guns he new there was a demand for them and got with a company and started producing them. They are now coming out with a adjustable buttstock for them because as we all know the stock ones are to short for us tall people.

His name is Rob

Email- R-glatz@hotmail.com

Hope this helps