I take it you haven't seen what your Saiga does to the brass yet, then. Umm, I'm sorry to tell you, but after 1 shot out of a Saiga the .223 brass is so heavily creased that it's nearly folded. It's good for nothing more than scrap. The heavier 7.62 brass holds up better, but the .223 is ruined.

I really appreciate your responses. As for the "ak :kiss: ", I fixed that by using plastic door molding on the dust cover. pogy and anyone else, how heavy of a bullet do you reload for your .223? Im getting ready to make a run to Berry Mfg. (i live about 45 min from them) to buy some bullets. The factory ammo shoots good and has all been 55 grains. Have any of you tried heavier or lighter bullets and how do they perform? Thanks again for the replies.

I confess that I haven't been very scientific about my reloading for my .223. I also have a T/C Encore in .223 and it gets most of the reloading attention. It gets all the new brass, Nosler, Barnes ,Sierra, etc. bullets and the Saiga gets the pick up brass and other leftovers. I did buy 1500 55 gr. FMJBT from Berry's mostly for the Saiga because the price was right. I have never shot anything over 60gr from the Saiga. Everything I have shot worked well.

Edited by pogy