tapco folding stock

Has anyone tried the Tapco side folding stock? If so how is it?

I have one on my first conversion and I'm not happy with it. The main reasons why I used it were: inexpensive and I saved from cutting the tang in case of future restrictive laws. My second conversion has an ACE folder and I love it. The Tapco looks cheap and doesn't lock up well so I personally wouldn't buy another.

What grendelz said. I have one on my WASR. It's just OK. If I had to do it again I'd have gotten an ACE. I just doesn't seem sturdy enough for a shotgun. My biggest bitch w/ it is the words "press here to close" molded into the top bar of the stock. After 50-100 rounds my right cheek was abraded and bleeding from rubbing against it. Do you really need those instructions when you know your buying a folding stock?!? I've since Dremeled them off.

I took it off before I ever tested the conversion. CCS had Ace stock and external blocks in stock so I bought them. Shouldn't have wasted money on the Tapco. The Ace got rattled out of the gun from the firing (since fixed with loctite) and some of those shells really kicked. After feeling what it did with a metal stock and rubber but pad I wouldn't even want to chance the plastic one. It just doesn't feel all that sturdy as it is, it could very well snap during firing.