fire control group

Aside from being US made parts, what do they do for you? shorter lighter pull? again sorry for the saiga newbieness. I just bought mine, and only want functional improvements.

For AKs like my Yugo 70, SAR1, and WASR, the Tapco G2 is better made which eliminated trigger slap and was smoother. The modified Tapco in my S12 did the same. Couple that with a 25% reduced hammer spring, Gunfixer gas plug and your S12 will be nice and smooth and eat most ammo types.

Aside from being US made parts, what do they do for you? shorter lighter pull? again sorry for the saiga newbieness. I just bought mine, and only want functional improvements.

If you're putting a pistol grip back on it, you'll have to either use one of these, the Tromix, Dinzag or modify your own.

Yeah, my tromix/tapco g2 dropped right in... The FCG conversion is definitely "Change" I believe in. Pretty sweet trigger pull. Like 3 pounds of freshly whipped pure grade A butter. Or whipped cream if you like that better... Or hot candle wax... Or... Oh I digress... Lol.

Edited by gothchick

The Tapco trigger group is a GREAT improvement over the build a mouse trap factory configuration trigger setup.

The trigger reset on my factory config 3 port gun reminded how horrifically spongy they are. The pull ok. Easy enough to overcome, but the reset is probably worse than any gun I've ever shot!

ok sounds good. I will probably do that eventually. Is it worth buying one of the drop in modified ones like tromix , or would you just buy the tapco and do the alterations yourself?

The trigger which came with my S12 didn't have a very good feel to it; it just felt poorly made. Doing the modifications made the shotgun more comfortable to fire, since it gives you pretty much direct access to the hammer.

I did the modifications myself, with a basic bench grinder, it took about 5-10 minutes to make the Tapco hammer match the original hammer in profile. I was also working slowly to ensure accuracy, I didn't want to cut it down too much. You could probably use a Dremel, but it would probably take awhile.

Edited by vbrtrmn