need help with factory bolt hold open

You can easily make a tool to push the spring down while you push in the trigger pin. Take a popsicle stick or half a wooden clothes pin, and cut a radius on one end that about matches the radius of the spring. This will fit between the BHO and the reciever, and will hold the spring down. Look through the trigger pin hole to make sure the bottom of the loop in the spring is below it before you push the trigger pin in.

This is one of them jobs that would be much easier with three hands... one to hold the spring, a second to push the pin, and a third to guide the pin from the open HOLE, keeping the spring seated properly...

BUT... with a little practice you can do it with ONLY two hands.. it just takes a little time.

The popsicle stick is a great idea... I never used one myself... I always used a slim stainless steel pick of a sort that hooks it right up... that same pick, I then use to make sure everything is aligned thru the hole side, as I push the pin from the other... :)

:smoke:

• 1 month later...

Hey, this has been comming up alot lately, I flipped back through the archives and dug up a few CAD drawings of the bho and spring. This was the post that I had to referance to finish mine correctly. I am going to cut and paste some text on how to get it back in there. It saved me alot of time and frustration. Let us know if you make out ok, and make sure to post pics of the finished conversion!

This was originally posted by "txn"

"To install, I pulled dental floss through the BHO opening in the receiver, threaded it through the loop in the spring, and back out the BHO opening. Then I pulled down really hard while pushing the trigger pin through the hole in the loop."

post-1374-1111979201_thumb.jpg