Picking up a Saiga 12

Have a lot of patience and be ready to wait for a long, long, looooonnnng time. Have lots of cash ready also.

Otherwise, ya do it yourself. Takes a bit of work and some patience but certainly better than waiting for months and months on a gunsmith and it will cost you less than $200 for the parts.

• 11 months later...

damn, it must be spring fever, but I'm back to the same point. I never bought one last year, and now I am considering the same thing, but I am having a hard time justifying dropping a grand on one to get what I want. I wish I had someone who would weld for me, and I'd be done

A hell, I'm not afraid of converting. If I could weld, I'd be done already Years ago, I did an S-308

Well.... there's gotta be a welder somewhere near you that is worth his salt. I have an idea. You could use a bolt-on trigger guard (Tromix, ETAC, etc.) and plug the old FCG holes with nylon plugs until you can find a welder. I have nylon plugs in both of mine and they haven't went anywhere yet. If they do come out, they're like $0.80 at Lowe's, lol.

Oh, what the hell am I talking about?.... use some rivets for the original guard and plug the holes with them too. I know you are good with AK rivets. Now what are you waiting for.... now get busy and post pics ;)