reloaders equals felons? you better read this...

Yeah looks like letter writing time again. Will take them to task about signing any "treaties" that might interfere with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in any way shape or form. There is no getting out of these stupid things, and it's not like Congress wants responsibility for anything. So why wouldn't they want to pass the buck up to the International Level. The whole IMF is bad news too.

But hey he just cut a few hundred million dollars the guy is Jesus Christo again.

Screw writing the feds.. write your governor, you're more likely to get an answer and proper state legislation. From the article...

It then gives authority for that activity only with "a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place."
Screw writing the feds.. write your governor, you're more likely to get an answer and proper state legislation. From the article...
It then gives authority for that activity only with "a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place."

Oh you mean Governor Tim Kaine, Obama foot soldier, new head of the DNC. Yeah I'll get right on that one :) I annoy them all, even the Republicans who constantly send responses basically saying they got our back.

Bizarre,out of touch,tyranical and ultimately UNENFORCEABLE!

There are probably 800,000,000 primers sold in my city alone and thousands of reloading machines and thousands of pounds of powder and if they try to pass this there will certainly be more interest in it and by the time they are done 1/2 of the 90,000,000 people who own guns will have reloading supplies,LOL

Seriously what will they do?Search every house in America?

It might make a few old codgers rich though.Can you imagine being the only guy on your block who can reload and has components when everyone is using up their ammo running off looters and wild dogs for weeks after this collapse begins it's second phase?

Ammo is the currency of the 21st century!

Edited by SOPMOD

OK, lets get serious for one moment....... At the time our Constitution was written were they not making their own musket rounds in molds? Or am I the only one that watched "The Patriot". If we can protect the right to "a well regulated militia" and a militia of that time had to supply their own gun as well as ammunition or at least know the trade of making musket rounds. Technically any form of reloading is just as important to "a well regulated militia" and therefore protected under 2A as well.

Ammo is the currency of the 21st century!

Whaddya know SOPMOD.

Two days in a row and we are in agreement!

That's a record for us!

LOL

I would add, "High-cap mags" to ammo as being a great form of future currency. A fully loaded high-cap mag will be worth something as time goes on.

I had a conversation with a gun dealer a few months ago, and his concern was that the real threat to gun control was restricting ammunition. He told me controlling primers, as in restricting sales of, or pricing them out of reach was a major concern within the wholesaler segment.

I had a conversation with a gun dealer a few months ago, and his concern was that the real threat to gun control was restricting ammunition. He told me controlling primers, as in restricting sales of, or pricing them out of reach was a major concern within the wholesaler segment.

Suprise, one of them had the same conversation with me a couple of months ago. He also added that ammo would be the new currency.

and if you think they are not specifically targeting reloaders on this as well, read this:

The main threat to hand-loading is legislation that mandates "encoded ammunition" by June 2011. I'm not sure how many states have passed these laws, but my local gun shop said two of them are close to Ohio.

These laws would require you to dispose of ALL un-encoded ammunition by 2011. Encoded ammo would need to have a seriel number inside the brass, and a matching serial number on the bottom of the bullet (not the casing). Reloads would not have the required matching serial number on the bullet. So, if you haven't shot all your ammo supply by 2011, you would be breaking the law by possessing un-encoded ammo.

Here is some of the text of the pending bill in Indiana:

House Bill 1260

Sec. 10. Before July 1, 2011, a person who owns ammunition for a regulated firearm that is not encoded ammunition shall dispose of the ammunition.

Sec. 11. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally violates this chapter commits a Class A misdemeanor.

DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL

Encoded ammunition. Requires ammunition manufacturers to encode all ammunition: (1) provided for retail sale in Indiana; and (2) used in handguns and assault weapons; by July 1, 2009. Prohibits a person from selling ammunition at retail after June 30, 2009, unless the ammunition has been encoded by a manufacturer. Requires the superintendent of the state police department to establish and maintain an encoded ammunition data base before July 1, 2009. Requires ammunition manufacturers and persons who sell ammunition at retail to provide certain information concerning encoded ammunition sales and persons who purchase encoded ammunition to the superintendent for inclusion in the data base. Imposes a fee of $0.05 per round on the sale of encoded ammunition that is sold at retail. Requires the fees to be deposited in the encoded ammunition data base fund to operate the data base. Requires a person who owns ammunition for a handgun or assault weapon that is not encoded ammunition to dispose of the ammunition before July 1, 2011.

---------

Did you see that part about the database? They will be tracking purchasers, so you guys that like to practice at the range a lot or shoot a lot of rounds for competition could be red-flagged in the database as "potential threats to the goverment". "Oh dear, we better investigate these guys and see why they bought 500 bullets this year". 5 cents per round to pay for the database tracking system.

If this catches on, it could be headed to your state.