New Stock on the WAY>>>>>>

Here is a picture of our new stock that we are working on. It is made out of solid billet and bolts up to the Ace style hinges.

The second pic is of the right side folding version we are R&D'ing but the standard stock has the same design.

Scott

ace%20folding%20stock%20installed.jpg

Ace%20stock%20DiamondCuts.jpg

Looks seriously AWESOME!

Are you guys planning for a cheek piece as well?

+1 this is a good looking project, and you really should consider a option for a cheek piece.

how hard is it to rack the bolt with it folded?

Edited by Nailbomb
Very nice.

I take it the production unit will be cast ?

Milled out, not cast. Can't wait to get them. Scott said they may be a few out the end of next week.

Greg

Thanks Greg.......he is right, they will be 100% milled from a block of billet. As for clearing the MD20....dont know, I didnt think about that.

The butt pad will not be included nor will the cheek rest.

As for price, we dont have final numbers but it will be under $100.00

Scott

I would keep a close eye on the angle that it sits off the back of the receiver. If it's a bit too high, or a bit too low, guys are going to bitch about it, trust me. As it sits, it looks like it's a bit low. That is actually the best position for ergonomic shooting and my personal preference, but no one will care about how it "fits" or how it handles. If it doesn't "look" right, guys will bitch, bottom line.

I would keep a close eye on the angle that it sits off the back of the receiver. If it's a bit too high, or a bit too low, guys are going to bitch about it, trust me. As it sits, it looks like it's a bit low. That is actually the best position for ergonomic shooting and my personal preference, but no one will care about how it "fits" or how it handles. If it doesn't "look" right, guys will bitch, bottom line.

I learned with bikes, lines are everything. It follows through to guns just as much.

But really it seems to be following the bottom line of the reciever just fine. whats the issue?

Edited by Nailbomb

I love the Billit look as well as the style of sling swivel that you have employed. I must also voice my desire for a cheek weld pad. As to stock angle, I concur with Tony, looks are not as much of a concern as performance, I like a slight downward angle, and more and you seriously promote muzzle rise.

Hey Scott, I love stuff that is machined out of a solid billet. So when I first saw it, I thought "wow, that is totally awesome." Also I really like your products and your dedication to being one of the top suppliers of tools and parts for the AK and other platforms.

But looking at it the second time, I'm thinking it doesn't look quite right. I know that you didn't ask for advice, but I'm going to give my opinion:

1) It looks a little 'thin.' The line that is angled down to the buttplate looks thicker than the rest, so maybe all the lines should be that thick. Also maybe the top bar could be wider.

2) Where the angled line meets the buttplate, I think that shouldn't end in a point, it should end in a flat spot like 1.5" front to back.

3) The flange that bolts to the hinge needs more 'meat' like an extra .75 inches. Then you would need longer screws or maybe recess them. Oooooh, countersinking....

4) I think it doesn't need that vertical strut that divides the 2 oval cutouts.

Hey Scott, I love stuff that is machined out of a solid billet. So when I first saw it, I thought "wow, that is totally awesome." Also I really like your products and your dedication to being one of the top suppliers of tools and parts for the AK and other platforms.

But looking at it the second time, I'm thinking it doesn't look quite right. I know that you didn't ask for advice, but I'm going to give my opinion:

1) It looks a little 'thin.' The line that is angled down to the buttplate looks thicker than the rest, so maybe all the lines should be that thick. Also maybe the top bar could be wider.

2) Where the angled line meets the buttplate, I think that shouldn't end in a point, it should end in a flat spot like 1.5" front to back.

3) The flange that bolts to the hinge needs more 'meat' like an extra .75 inches. Then you would need longer screws or maybe recess them. Oooooh, countersinking....

4) I think it doesn't need that vertical strut that divides the 2 oval cutouts.

and it should be made out of plastic and maybe hot pink in color...... :haha:

It looks so goooood, I like adjustable for the many shooters on my gun but I may make a personal model now.

Looks really good Scott, great work. I know stocks with a turned down angle don't rock my boat, but I'd put this on my gun, It is a class piece of work and for less than $100.00 are you kidding, get ready to be covered up making these little jewels. Top notch! :super:

Thanks for all the kind words guys.....we never expect to get it right the first time out of the box but we try to do our best. We will make adjustments as they come our way. We are never too proud to take input.

Tony....I apreciate the heads up, I'll call the shop in the morning. Hopefully they dont have too many already made up. I know they were sending some out to the anodizer in the morning.

I believe this is what you are saying that we need to put out. The one with the downward angle is our model for the right/left side folder. That angle will allow us to miss the carrier when it is folded to the right.

straight%20ext%20ace.jpg

scott

Thanks for all the kind words guys.....we never expect to get it right the first time out of the box but we try to do our best. We will make adjustments as they come our way. We are never too proud to take input.

Tony....I apreciate the heads up, I'll call the shop in the morning. Hopefully they dont have too many already made up. I know they were sending some out to the anodizer in the morning.

I believe this is what you are saying that we need to put out. The one with the downward angle is our model for the right/left side folder. That angle will allow us to miss the carrier when it is folded to the right.

straight%20ext%20ace.jpg

scott

listen guys just my $.02 but i really think it looked better turned down like you had it in the OP...

It followed the bottom line of the reciever then, the second pic here dosn't follow anything though its level.

The striaght level stock looks a lot better. It was cool, but that just raised the bar a little more! I thought that maybe the receiver block was angled a little or something on the very first pic.

+1

It follows the barrel which is what I'd want.

straight%20ext%20ace.jpg

scott

listen guys just my $.02 but i really think it looked better turned down like you had it in the OP...

It followed the bottom line of the reciever then, the second pic here dosn't follow anything though its level.

I'm the complete opposite. The straight angle stock is dead sexy. If I didn't already put the tromix stock on mine, this would have made the decision a lot harder. I guess I'll have to get one for my next s12

I can see both sides of the straight vs angled issue.

Perhaps it would be best if you did both and didn't keep the front of the stock paralel?

I'm not sure if it would add a lot of machining time, you already have the angle on the rear portion.

Either way at that price it's a great deal for a billet stock.