Metal 5 and 8 round magazines

I agree with those above... My Tromix 20 wants an 8 round mag! For that matter, if you do get these going why not go ahead and make a 10 round too? I am thinking of getting one of the 13 rd mags but it is just a bit to long for my liking. I also don't care for the clear. Metal 8 and 10 rounders (a few 5 rounders too!) would be my mag of choice!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its going to be awhile still. (meaning a couple months for some real world testing, not forever).   The mags are not totally straight, they have a constant curve its just not that drastic a curve. T

I'll have a better idea the exact retail once we get the quotes back from laser cutter ect.   Probably close to the cost of the saiga .308 magazines. $50 give or take a little.

I am selling my 12 right now so my first, and only, remaining Saiga for the moment is my Tromix 20. It sits patiently awaiting the fruit of your hard work! Unlike other toys it will stay in the gun safe for the long haul so I'd like some long lasting reliable magazines to go with it.

Feel free to send some to me to test in the future!

I am in the market right now for someone who has the ability to build me a rifled barrel for it... I can't think of anything better than metal mags full of slugs!

Most of the hold up for the Saiga-20 mags has been the demand for Vepr .308 mags. Not that I'm complaining, obviously I'm making money off those.

I swear I double the time I think it will take to get a project through development, and it ends up taking even longer. Work is still going forward, actual metal work on these should start again next week. Idea is to start with 5 round mags since the current plates are a little to short for 8 rounds.

We have to get a new 20 gauge in, turns out the one we have has a messed up mag latch, so all the testers had a lot of filing to fit.

• 3 months later...
Well to bring you up to speed in the first post. Mags are stamped with a constant curve. We have live fire tested them and they functioned but we had a low feed on the first round a couple times so we fixed that with a new run of test mags.

We are gathering some different equipment prior to making these for general sale. Right now the labor required will make them kind of expensive. We hope to have mags for general sale sometime in July or August.

WOOOO!

Ha, your mean.

I have no small amount of money into this project.. The past design just cost to much to make.

We have new plates that just got done being milled two weeks ago. Follower stamp is being worked on this week, the follower is actually a very large piece of the puzzle as it allows the magazine to use a common spring rather than a custom made one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe-5q8tngJY

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, your mean.

I have no small amount of money into this project.. The past design just cost to much to make.

We have new plates that just got done being milled two weeks ago. Follower stamp is being worked on this week, the follower is actually a very large piece of the puzzle as it allows the magazine to use a common spring rather than a custom made one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe-5q8tngJY

Cant wait!!

If you need more testers I'm interested.

• 1 month later...