Do not order from Mississippi Auto arms

What ever you guys do, do not order from Mississipi Arms. They have one of the worst service that Ihave ever encountered while buying online. More than a week ago April 11, I ordered a Tapco Collapsible stock and a 30 round magazine from them. Then , they emailed me back after a day that the 30 rounds is not allowed in my state and they offered the 20 rounds instead, so I replied that is ok for the 20 rounds. that was Monday April 13. I waited patiently but after a week of waiting I didnt recieve any of what I ordered. So I emailed back to ask them what happened to my order, and they replied that the 20 round mag was in back order since January. Wow I just wish they could told me that sooner. They were also saying that it was coming that Thurs April16. So I told them to cancel the order for the magazine.

I ordered the magazine now from Carolina shooters and they had the best service. I recieved a confimation order and at the end of the day I recieved a tracking number and guess what, after 2 days I recieved the magazine. WOW

Going back to Mississppi. I emailed them again to cancel the rest of the order, that was April 20, the next day, they send me a notification for shipping but after waiting for 2 more days, the tracking number still has to recieve the inventory. This is one of the worst online service that I have expierienced and to those considering to buy from Mississippi think twice or be willing to wait for well 2 weeks or more and still not have what you ordered. :cryss:

99.99% of people have wonderful experiences dealing with MAA. He's busy and gets hundreds of emails a day, probably should of telephoned. And not true either, I ordered some things on Monday and had my stuff today, go figure. Don't give up just because something was back ordered, they probably didn't realize it at the time.

Odd, I have ordered a few items from them with no issues and fairly prompt delivery. However, being out of stock and not telling you is not really acceptable. Hell I had a similar experience recently with another vendor (non gun related) and it took 2 weeks to get a part I could have driven to get 50 miles away. But they claimed it was in stock so I ordered it. 2 weeks later and many emails later, I got it - but I will never order from them again.

So I have learned (and maybe you have too) to call and verify the stock before I order anything.

Best of luck and hope you get your parts ASAP.

-Bryan

First off, I'm sorry about your experience.... M.A.A. is one of the most reputable companies I have ever dealt with..

Perhaps you have misjudged them... i know people normally get tracking info prior to receiving their product...

Either way, i hope you are not going off half cocked...

MAA has been around here for a long time with a lot of satisfied customers....

No disrespect, hard to swallow from someone with only 2 post...

I ALSO agree that CSS is a great co to deal with... Greg is a top shelf guy.... but so is Nathan..

I will continue to support BOTH companies as best as I am able.... Sadly, due to cash flow.. I have mainly been supporting myself...

I'm sure if you talk with MAA, you can come to a reasonable agreement...

Lastly, stuff like this belongs in our feedback section.... not the .223 forum (Just for future reference).

Best of luck!

Have nothing but good to say about Nathan. I've ordered from him through gunbroker and got great service. But i did order before the Obamanation began but i'm sure i would not have any trouble now. I always ask whoever i order from if it's in stock. Just a suggestion. Good luck....

ps. move to another state WTF no 30rd mags. uhg!!!!!!!!!!

30 round magazines are not legal in your state so we sent an email asking you if you wanted your order voided or if you wanted us to replace the magazine with a 20 round magazine that we would be getting in stock soon. You said to send the 20 round magazine. You then changed your mind and wanted to void the magazine and send the balance. We refunded you for the magazine and sent the stock. You should have confirmation of both in your email. If you have not received confirmation, check your spam filter.

[

quote name=rainman73saiga' date='Apr 23 2009, 08:57 PM' post='351170]

What ever you guys do, do not order from Mississipi Arms. They have one of the worst service that Ihave ever encountered while buying online. More than a week ago April 11, I ordered a Tapco Collapsible stock and a 30 round magazine from them. Then , they emailed me back after a day that the 30 rounds is not allowed in my state and they offered the 20 rounds instead, so I replied that is ok for the 20 rounds. that was Monday April 13. I waited patiently but after a week of waiting I didnt recieve any of what I ordered. So I emailed back to ask them what happened to my order, and they replied that the 20 round mag was in back order since January. Wow I just wish they could told me that sooner. They were also saying that it was coming that Thurs April16. So I told them to cancel the order for the magazine.

I ordered the magazine now from Carolina shooters and they had the best service. I recieved a confimation order and at the end of the day I recieved a tracking number and guess what, after 2 days I recieved the magazine. WOW

Going back to Mississppi. I emailed them again to cancel the rest of the order, that was April 20, the next day, they send me a notification for shipping but after waiting for 2 more days, the tracking number still has to recieve the inventory. This is one of the worst online service that I have expierienced and to those considering to buy from Mississippi think twice or be willing to wait for well 2 weeks or more and still not have what you ordered. :cryss:

I am in Atlanta and ordered a Tromix handguard for my S12. I had it in my hand 63 hours later. You can not beat that for shipping!

Honestly, If your account of what happened was the worst service that I have ever encountered while buying online, then I would consider myself blessed.

30 round magazines are not legal in your state so we sent an email asking you if you wanted your order voided or if you wanted us to replace the magazine with a 20 round magazine that we would be getting in stock soon. You said to send the 20 round magazine. You then changed your mind and wanted to void the magazine and send the balance. We refunded you for the magazine and sent the stock. You should have confirmation of both in your email. If you have not received confirmation, check your spam filter.

Well as soon as I read your reply, I als checked my spam mail and there is nothing there . I find it odd that it will go to the spam mail because I recieved your email before in my regular inbox. Now your saying that you sent me a confirmation email, IS THAT for the UPS tracking? I recieved it but if you click on the TRACK AND CONFIRM . it is saying that """"Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 8275 8660

""""The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "" A

And that was sent to me April 21 and 3 day going its still saying the same thing!!! So its either you sent the rest of my order AND OUR UPS is taking a VEEEEEEEERy long time or you didnt. CAROLINA sent me the thing I ordered in 2 days

i expect you to respond immediately if you did or did not send the rest of my order . Send me the shiping number so I could track it, track it too because you might send me the number 0103 8555 7497 8275 8660 which is still hasnt changed its status since April 21 . IF up to now you havent send it cancel it but I want an email from you because I dont want to have 2 of the same thing. NO IT WONT GO TO MY SPAM MAIL BECAUSE I recieve your email just fine.

Rainman73saiga, evidently you don't order much online or are just about the most impatient person i know. When a shipper ships UPS, yes you get a tracking number you can track. If shipper ships USPS then you will get a notice of receipt for pickup and that's it. You can't track it other than it's suppose to be picked up. That's why i like UPS.

4 posts and your kicking dirt in the face of a vendor who has been here quite awhile and had a great record. Maybe the next time you order from Carolina Shooters they will be out of stock and you'll have to wait.

I'm just saying show some respect and as i'm sure you've heard before "you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar".

just my 2 cents :smoke:

I see a few problems here. One of which is:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

...and you are referring to UPS. USPS is slower and their online tracking doesn't update as often. In any case I'm sorry that you had a problem and I'm confident that MAA will take care of it, since I've personally heard hundreds of positive reports about them.

i am not saying maa is bad in general but my experience has been bad with them.

they sent out the wrong handguard to me(no big deal). i ordered was on the invoice but i received the incorrect part.

i emailed them and after after a few days i was sent a return label.

i had asked to exchange a grip that was not what it looked like on the online store(looked like it was closer to the trigger than it actually is). i never got a reply so i tossed it in the box and asked to exchange it for another surefire.

the last i heard from mma was march 18th. i have emailed 3 times since with no replies as to where my handguard is. i may have thorwn him a curve ball with the grip but i explained in my letter its ok if they wont exchange it.

most days my schedule is too busy to try and call. the days i can call i forget to.

im not flaming them but after spending $200+ with them id like to complete this transaction.

I think a few of you all should stick with companies like amazon.com with a fleet of people handling the customer service....

ready to wipe your ass 24 hours a day.....

Nathan has done right by me 100% of the time.....

i am not saying maa is bad in general but my experience has been bad with them.

they sent out the wrong handguard to me(no big deal). i ordered was on the invoice but i received the incorrect part.

i emailed them and after after a few days i was sent a return label.

i had asked to exchange a grip that was not what it looked like on the online store(looked like it was closer to the trigger than it actually is). i never got a reply so i tossed it in the box and asked to exchange it for another surefire.

the last i heard from mma was march 18th. i have emailed 3 times since with no replies as to where my handguard is. i may have thorwn him a curve ball with the grip but i explained in my letter its ok if they wont exchange it.

most days my schedule is too busy to try and call. the days i can call i forget to.

im not flaming them but after spending $200+ with them id like to complete this transaction.

i just got off the phone with maa. they are taking care of the exchage now and even offered to upgrade the shipping since the wait was so long.

maybe they seen my post or they just wanted to make things right. either way i am happy to have my handguard on the way.

i know running a business its hard to please every one. thanks maa for taking care of me.

I have had positive results with MAA also and would not hesitate to use again or recommend to someone. Seems you are just trolling for attention as you are bringing this here instead of emailing the vendor directly. Were you neglected growing up so you feel you need attention from us now??

I have had positive results with MAA also and would not hesitate to use again or recommend to someone. Seems you are just trolling for attention as you are bringing this here instead of emailing the vendor directly. Were you neglected growing up so you feel you need attention from us now??

who was this directed at?

if it was me i had emailed them 3 times with no responses.

who was this directed at?

if it was me i had emailed them 3 times with no responses.

The original poster, Rainman73saiga.

Rainman73saiga, evidently you don't order much online or are just about the most impatient person i know. When a shipper ships UPS, yes you get a tracking number you can track. If shipper ships USPS then you will get a notice of receipt for pickup and that's it. You can't track it other than it's suppose to be picked up. That's why i like UPS.

4 posts and your kicking dirt in the face of a vendor who has been here quite awhile and had a great record. Maybe the next time you order from Carolina Shooters they will be out of stock and you'll have to wait.

I'm just saying show some respect and as i'm sure you've heard before "you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar".

just my 2 cents :smoke:

The thing is, they never said that it was out of stock, contrary to their response. Why would it be different that when I order from Carolina they immediately sent me a tracking number and I got it after 2 days. SAme USPS. And yes I do order much online. 2 weeks ago after orderin from Mississippi, I ordered 2 parts for my motorcycle with just standard shipping. Guess what they arrive in 4 days.

Now that Mississippi was very quick to defend their company, they cant even confirm if they sent it or not. Yes you can track your shipment by the number that the company has given you. It is saying that "Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 8275 8660

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

After 4 days USPS still saying the same thing while the package from Carolina after just one day was already saying that the shipment was already in Baltimore.

Regarding the number of post. I think, I have every right to say what I feel especially if its the truth. Does it mean that the guy with 1000 post is better than the next guy or me. Dont think so

Post count simply give credibility to folks in the Saiga community.....

OR if you have a low post count but have been here since 2005....

If you have been around for a while and KNOW/have experience with the people in the community.

We have been invaded in the past with newbie shills sent here to discredit a competitor....

(I am by no means saying that is what is going on here either)

Nothing against you personally.....

Dude,

#1 you're a piece of shit gun owner for not researching and complying with your own state's gun laws then trying to blame it on the vendor. It's not their responsibility to babysit your dumb-ass.

#2 you're a fuckin moron if you think that the firearms/accessory world is not an absolute madhouse sales wise since obango, if you don't want what you are purchasing enough to call and check up on it the it's your fault. Plus these guys are doing the best they can to try and manage the extreme volume, keep prices reasonable, and provide good customer service. If something small gets overlooked the you should take the time to check up on it, and give them the change to fix it.

#3 Coming on this forum w/ little to no credibility and bad mouthing a vendor who gives a %5 discount to all of us here with great products and service, because you're a retarded fuck-up just shows every one here your true colors, way to go!

Sorry to rant but it's fuckin idiots like you that give the rest of us a bad name, YOU ATTEMPTED TO ILLEGALLY PURCHASE MAGAZINES FUCKTARD!!! I value my rights and I don't appreciate you in your ignorance potentially giving people who want to take those rights ammunition!