GUN SHOW REPORT GREENVILLE S.C.

Well, it was show day, and a BEAUTIFUL spring day here in the SOUTH!!! The dealers won't be getting any pesos from me for the long guns, that's for sure. Saw two Saiga rifles...one x39 for $599.99, one .308 for $699.99. YIKES!! And the shottys, must be made of gold for what they were wanting from them!! It's still the old addage ( A sucker born every minute and a fool and his money! ) Picked up a few goodies...a NEW steel 40 rounder for the x39 ..$25. They had some decent 30 rounders for $15-20, but I have a few of them and with the last three 20 rounders I just received from Classicarms, I'm runnin outta room for mags! LOL

It was as crowded as the last several since King Mobamama strolled down Penn. Ave. to his new digs.

Ammo... don't get me started! I'm just glad that I have more than enough to feed my three Russian sisters until prices go right side up!

Still, a good day to fellowship with the other shooters and to listen to the stories/lies the older fellas were tellin, and to watch the fangs glaring as the wolves fed on the willing sheeple with money.

Unclejake out:

Well, it was show day, and a BEAUTIFUL spring day here in the SOUTH!!! The dealers won't be getting any pesos from me for the long guns, that's for sure. Saw two Saiga rifles...one x39 for $599.99, one .308 for $699.99. YIKES!! And the shottys, must be made of gold for what they were wanting from them!! It's still the old addage ( A sucker born every minute and a fool and his money! ) Picked up a few goodies...a NEW steel 40 rounder for the x39 ..$25. They had some decent 30 rounders for $15-20, but I have a few of them and with the last three 20 rounders I just received from Classicarms, I'm runnin outta room for mags! LOL

It was as crowded as the last several since King Mobamama strolled down Penn. Ave. to his new digs.

Ammo... don't get me started! I'm just glad that I have more than enough to feed my three Russian sisters until prices go right side up!

Still, a good day to fellowship with the other shooters and to listen to the stories/lies the older fellas were tellin, and to watch the fangs glaring as the wolves fed on the willing sheeple with money.

Unclejake out:

Laugh all you want brother, but I'm afraid of being left out in the cold - I need more Saigas and guess what, I am not happy at being gouged, but consider the alternative. So, I overpay $200 today, but then what if I can't buy them at all in 6 mos or if I wait for the prices to come down and fuckers in power decide to ban our toys, I would feel even stupider. And one day it might save my family from danger, so it's still a bargain.

My local store got two in yesterday, one .39 and one .223. I bought the x39 today for $470 out the door.

No gunshows for me. The ones near me are a total ripoff.

Got a flyer today from Centerfire systems. They have Saiga 7.62x39s and .223s in stock for $399. That's higher than the $349 I paid for a 7.62x39 back in late September, but not too bad...

Carl

The point I was trying to make Oxyehho, is what the other posters have said here. Don't buy from a gunshow , period. The sellers there will scalp you and your whole family! Go to a reliable dealer or one on the web that they mentioned here. You will save enough money by doing so to do a conversion, or load up on ammo or both. Just be a smart shopper and don't give in to panic.

The point I was trying to make Oxyehho, is what the other posters have said here. Don't buy from a gunshow , period. The sellers there will scalp you and your whole family! Go to a reliable dealer or one on the web that they mentioned here. You will save enough money by doing so to do a conversion, or load up on ammo or both. Just be a smart shopper and don't give in to panic.

I totally get it Unclejake - except in some nazi states - they keep records on what you buy. So buying (perfectly legally of course) at gunshows in neighboring non-nazi states is the only way to avoid future confiscations IMHO.

Oxyhho, they keep records in every state on the firearms you purchase through a dealer, but I wasn't thinking about you being from N.J. I am not familiar with the restrictive laws in your state, and I really hate it for you and other brother and sister shooters there. It is so wrong!

CF, good to meet ya! I am not familiar with Simpsonville G&P. Do they have good prices? I live in Pickens county, and none of the places around here have good prices on ammo, but they do usually have it in stock.

Edited by unclejake
Oxyhho, they keep records in every state on the firearms you purchase through a dealer, but I wasn't thinking about you being from N.J. I am not familiar with the restrictive laws in your state, and I really hate it for you and other brother and sister shooters there. It is so wrong!

Exactly - we are so screwed in NJ! You can't even stop to pee on the way from the range to your house - you can get arrested for illegal transport of guns.

But I figure if I buy in PA or NY, they won't go to those states to ask every dealer for NJ residents who bought there. Besides it's mostly mounts of paper records at those dealers, let them have fun and sort through them to fish the right ones out :smoke: