I endorse the MD-20, myself, as will most here.

Thanks for the heads up Bvamp, I was leaning towards the MD's but wanted to run it by some guys that actually used them! Just put the order through for the MD-20, as I'm in CT I'm not able to do a lot of mods....is there anymore I need to get for my Saiga to marry the new MD (once if gets here) to get it up and running?

Your specific weapon will determine how it is fitted and the instructions are very clear and precise. Just remember to go slow on the filing. I used an old file for points from when I was a mechanic. Just go slowly and watch the areas indicated in Mike's instructions to determine where to file. I haven't seen any $230 S-12's in a very long time so just ignore the troll.

Your specific weapon will determine how it is fitted and the instructions are very clear and precise. Just remember to go slow on the filing. I used an old file for points from when I was a mechanic. Just go slowly and watch the areas indicated in Mike's instructions to determine where to file. I haven't seen any $230 S-12's in a very long time so just ignore the troll.

Troll?

My honest input is trolling?

lol...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help- taking the new combo (Saiga/MD20) out this weekend for the first time. Heading up to Cabelas tomm and want to buy in bulk so I don't want to get stuck with anything that has been known not to cycle. I know Winchester Universal and low recoil shells are out - does anyone have some specifics manuf to stick with or stay away from? I'm looking for 00 through 3in slugs.

Troll?

My honest input is trolling?

lol...

How is that honest input? $230 is not $600.

Remingtom Express 00 or 4 buck, no failures. :super: Wolf, S&B, and Nobel are too long. :cryss: Needs to be crimped/length like regular 2 3/4 shells. Someone posted awhile back that Estate works, yet haven't tried myself. :unsure: Also I shoot regular game loads 4,5 and 6's. :smoke:

Thanks again - one more question, any recommendations on ammo to be used for the break in period? I've read Wolf 3 slugs are the way to go, but that was only one owner's thought. Is it necassary, and how many rounds are needed.

You don't NEED 00/slugs to break it in, just buy a bunch of half decent ammo, and shoot the shit out of it, I put approx 250 rnds thru mine on it's first range day.

OH yeah, lube it up, anywhere there is metal on metal, oil or grease... This is one time I'll tell ya, "Be Liberal" :haha:

100rnd value packs of Federal Multi Purpose, 2 3/4", 1 1/8oz, #7 1/2 or #8 shot, $24.00 at Wally World.

25rnd value packs of Winchester Super X Heavy Game or Super Target, 2 3/4", 1 1/8oz, #4 - #8 shot, $7.00- $15.00 at Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, Academy Sports and others.

250rnd of Winchester Super X Heavy Game or Super Target, 2 3/4", 1 1/8oz, #4 - #8 shot, $55.00-$70.00 at Cabelas.

Edited by ChileRelleno