Low recoil rounds not ejecting

Newbie here. Just took my new S12 to range w/ some 10rd. promags and 10rd. surefire mags. After some filing and great info. from the saiga forums I was able to get the promag to fit my S12 but it would not feed anything. The Surefire mags worked great. Promags will probably get sent back under warranty. My S12 is a 3-port gun made in '08 and it would not eject Remington low recoil 2 3/4 slugs or 00buck. I tried some low recoil winchester ranger 00 buck and slugs and it would be a one shot weapon. I tried both 1 and 2 gas settings w/crappy results. Good news is that when I put full power winchester 00buck and slugs, the S12 ran like a champ. Any advice would help. A day out w/ S12 and full house loads kills my shoulder, being able to cycle the low recoil stuff would be great. BTW I do have a KA Tappet on order, hope this helps my problem.

Newbie here. Just took my new S12 to range w/ some 10rd. promags and 10rd. surefire mags. After some filing and great info. from the saiga forums I was able to get the promag to fit my S12 but it would not feed anything. The Surefire mags worked great. Promags will probably get sent back under warranty. My S12 is a 3-port gun made in '08 and it would not eject Remington low recoil 2 3/4 slugs or 00buck. I tried some low recoil winchester ranger 00 buck and slugs and it would be a one shot weapon. I tried both 1 and 2 gas settings w/crappy results. Good news is that when I put full power winchester 00buck and slugs, the S12 ran like a champ. Any advice would help. A day out w/ S12 and full house loads kills my shoulder, being able to cycle the low recoil stuff would be great. BTW I do have a KA Tappet on order, hope this helps my problem.

Also get a GUNFIXER plug and 25% reduced hammer spring from CSS.

Hello & Welcome to the forum. Are you certain you only have 3 gas ports? I thought mine only had 3 for a little while and I went in there with a dental pick, poked some metal shavings out of the gas holes AND found a 4th port, that apparently hadn't been drilled all the way through. As the Tromix gang says "Saiga's are often on the ragged edge of running right out of the box."

Get your self a pick and dig around a bit, you might get a pleasant surprise.

Mine also has only 3 ports and I can cycle anything because I have a KA puck, GUNFIXER Plug, and a 25% reduced hammer spring.

Mine also has only 3 ports and I can cycle anything because I have a KA puck, GUNFIXER Plug, and a 25% reduced hammer spring.

I have a two holer that shoots the shit out of low brass on 1+. I also have all three of those upgrades.

I also installed the puck, the Gunfixer knob, and the spring. It also helped to do a really good polish job on the bolt. It runs flawlessly with the cheapo walmart packs on setting 3, and 3" slugs rock on setting 1 without crazy recoil or receiver damage. It seemed like a small price to pay to have a super reliable weapon. :dollar:

Already have the KA puck on order and I plan on getting the the gun fixer plug this week. I really don't want to mess w/ the 25% reduced recoil spring as my gunsmithing skills are that of a 4 yr. old child. I would like to leave all the internals as is. I don't mind swapping out stuff like the handguard, puck and plug. If the KA tappet solves my problem I will still add the plug to make life easier. It is a pain to use my leatherman tool to change the gas settings. Do I absolutely need all 3 parts to make this gun digest low recoil rounds? Can I getaway w/ just the KA tappet and plug??

Already have the KA puck on order and I plan on getting the the gun fixer plug this week. I really don't want to mess w/ the 25% reduced recoil spring as my gunsmithing skills are that of a 4 yr. old child. I would like to leave all the internals as is. I don't mind swapping out stuff like the handguard, puck and plug. If the KA tappet solves my problem I will still add the plug to make life easier. It is a pain to use my leatherman tool to change the gas settings. Do I absolutely need all 3 parts to make this gun digest low recoil rounds? Can I getaway w/ just the KA tappet and plug??

Most likely yes. The 25% reduced hammer spring is icing on the cake. It reduces trigger pull and the resistance on the bolt carrier. It is not hard to put in and once you do you won't know how you were able to live without it. The reduced recoil spring is for light loads only don't confuse the 25% hammer spring with reduced recoil spring, they are not the same.

Edited by Patriot12

Not to start another warranty run, But, some of the 08 model three port guns have 2 of the smaller port sizes (.070..) and one larger port. I've had to open these guns up under warranty to cycle with the lighter loads. ..........Tom/ CGW

I may have one of those Tom. I have 3 holes but it's being a bitch and not cycling the light shit. I'm hoping the Gunfixr nob will help the issue. I've already done similar mods to this new gun as i did to my competition gun but it's still giving me trouble.... I'm thinking opening up the holes is my next step... bastard russians.... I even fucking checked BEFORE i bought it that it had 3 holes.... /sigh

Hey Tom, what if installing the KA tappet and gunfixer plug doesn't solve my problem? How do I go about getting warranty work performed on my S12? Do I need to contact the company in Russia to get work authorization?? Do I just mail S12 to you @ Cadiz gun works?? The only mod. I did was install a USA made handguard. Will this void my warranty? Do tell.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind me asking, whats the acronym CSS stand for? I searched and could not find the company name.

If you don't mind me asking, whats the acronym CSS stand for? I searched and could not find the company name.

Carolina Shooters Supply, http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/StoreFront