FTE.......irritating as all heck help

walmart Remington low brass rounds not ejecting........and irritating the crap out of me. I've cleaned and smoothed everything, lubed everything up, cleaned out the 3 gas ports i have. However, without fail, it will not eject the round on setting 1 or 2.

Any Suggestions?

Do you have or have you tried the Gungixer gas plug from MDArms?

eseaton

walmart Remington low brass rounds not ejecting........and irritating the crap out of me. I've cleaned and smoothed everything, lubed everything up, cleaned out the 3 gas ports i have. However, without fail, it will not eject the round on setting 1 or 2.

Any Suggestions?

Do you have or have you tried the Gungixer gas plug from MDArms?

eseaton

no i haven't, what does it do in specific

Any Suggestions?

Few questions.

What kind of mags are you using?

Have you tried the federal ammo?

Have you removed the plug and put it back in? If you did this then you might not have put the plug back in correctly.

Any Suggestions?

Few questions.

What kind of mags are you using?

Have you tried the federal ammo?

Have you removed the plug and put it back in? If you did this then you might not have put the plug back in correctly.

Mags = Surefire 10 rounders, and the factory 5 round mag

No i haven't yet, will do that soon

Yes i have, i cleaned out the gas chamber the best i could, and made sure the 3 gas holes were clear. How could the plug have not gone in correctly

is 2 3/4 winchester AA , 1 1/8 OZ , 8 shot any good I just bought 2 boxes

Crap me too, I bought 4 100 packs just before I bought my s12. They work fine in my freind's break action. So people who shoot cheap bulk walmart ammo prefer Federal? I always avoided it because of all of the problems I have had with federal .22 ammo. Does the federal work better?

I just ordered the KA puck, because I want my gun to shoot whatever ammo I have though.

is 2 3/4 winchester AA , 1 1/8 OZ , 8 shot any good I just bought 2 boxes

Crap me too, I bought 4 100 packs just before I bought my s12. They work fine in my freind's break action. So people who shoot cheap bulk walmart ammo prefer Federal? I always avoided it because of all of the problems I have had with federal .22 ammo. Does the federal work better?

I just ordered the KA puck, because I want my gun to shoot whatever ammo I have though.

Federal works way better.

the federal bulk packs with 1 1/8th payloads are what Cadiz Gun Works is now using to verify all warranty repairs and custom gun builds. Occasionally slugs are used to verify zero as well, such as when a barrel is taken out.

the federal bulk packs with 1 1/8th payloads are what Cadiz Gun Works is now using to verify all warranty repairs and custom gun builds. Occasionally slugs are used to verify zero as well, such as when a barrel is taken out.

Thanks guys. for the ammo tips. I will do some shopping.

Hopefully I can find both where my dad left his shotgun reloading stuff and the components/ recipe to do some cheap slugs. that's what I really want to shoot through this.

Is there a list that people havem made like this ammo works in my factory saiga 12:

with brands and cost? Also what setting - 2. that would make a good sticky, and could be updated with people being able to list votes for and against particular brands to reach consensus.

Edited by GunFun
I just ordered the gun fixers plug, gonna see if that helps out at all

I purposefully didn't answer here because I went to the ultimate extreme and I don't necessarily suggest you do what I did - but it worked.

I'm probably going to get chastised for even telling you this.

I went to the post that describes how to remove the front block and file it down. I did all that (exposed my ports completely) and still had problems. So, I removed it again and enlarged my three port holes. That didn't work, so I removed the block again and drilled two new holes. I kept the same angle as the existing ports. SHAZAAM! I have a shit-load of gas now.

If I had to do it again, I'd stop at 4. 5 is too many. I can shoot low brass on setting #1 (I'm over-gassed). #1 is the only setting I use now. LOL

Moreover, I had to debur the inside of my barrel because I was getting a lot of wad in my gas system from the ragged edges. BUT.... it works great.

I'm NOT suggesting you do what I did. I've heard warnings about reducing barrel strength and they may eventually play out.

However, what I did does work - like a champ. I have about 2000 rounds through it so far and everything still works great. Consider it a last resort - the last thing you do before you give up on it.

I did exactly what you did Bounce, except I stayed with 4 holes and just enlarged the forward most hole bigger and bigger until it gradually had enough gas to properly cycle everything. Works great now, along with Gunfixr's plug I can further restrict gas if there is too much pressure.

I did exactly what you did Bounce, except I stayed with 4 holes and just enlarged the forward most hole bigger and bigger until it gradually had enough gas to properly cycle everything. Works great now, along with Gunfixr's plug I can further restrict gas if there is too much pressure.

Smart move.

I wasn't thinking that far ahead.

I didn't even stop to think about how I could best increase my gas flow.

I had had the thing apart so many times trying this and trying that.

I had the drill in my hand and said, "Mo Gas! GIMME MO GAS!!!!!!"

Well, it worked.

I hope I don't have to do anything that drastic.

Just got back from shopping and followed the above recommendations. I think tromix needs to update their FAQ....

In "The Armpit of Washington" where I live:

Walmart

Federal Multi-Purpuse Load 100 rd bulk 12ga 3dram 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot costs $22.97 + 8.2% tax = $24.85 price per box = $5.74, + TAX = $6.21/BOX

ACTUAL COST PER SHOT: $0.248

The Remington equivalent and the Winchester Universal, are the exact same price.

The recommended Winchester AA Super Sport 12 ga 2/34" 1 1/8 oz 8shot cost $8.49 +$.70 tax ($9.19)(at BIMART) which is close enough to double the $4.50 a box that tromix states.

ACTUAL COST PER SHOT: $0.367

I am sure that that was true when they put it up, and there are probably better deals, but I really hope the Federal does the job, so I can afford to go through more than 50 shots in an outing. (I usually end up paying for most of the ammo my broke friends shoot too, so it adds up fast)

If you know better places to buy, I am all ears.

I want my gun to shoot anything that says 12guage on it (too bad I cant take 3.5") so I ordered the KA puck, but mostly I want to go through a bunch of cheap ammo with my friends. I think Mr Neo wants the same things, if not I apologize for thread-jacking.

I just ordered the gun fixers plug, gonna see if that helps out at all

Thats what did the trick for me. Federal 100 packs work perfectly now. Mine can almost cycle even the Winchester garbage now too. I may also polish some of the internals a bit to enhance it even more though.

Once you start shooting slugs you'll stop worrying about price per shot and say, "Damn! I gotta get me some more of these!"

Seriously, I don't even waste my money on the 100 round value pack plinking shit anymore.

I have some I need to shoot up, but I'm not going to buy any more of it.

Wal*Mart has 15-round slugs for about $10. Buy $50 worth of slugs and try them.

Thanks guys. The cheap federal worked flawlesly I ran about 250 rounds of it with my friends. 0 problems. Wonderfull.

I want to do slugs, but money matters and cheap birdshot is probably easier for losers like me to hit little clay discs with.

Thanks guys. The cheap federal worked flawlesly I ran about 250 rounds of it with my friends. 0 problems. Wonderfull.

I want to do slugs, but money matters and cheap birdshot is probably easier for losers like me to hit little clay discs with.

What?!?! You can't hit flying clay pigeons with slugs? Weak!!!

:haha: J/k