GUNFIXER plug settings

Thinking about getting the GUNFIXER plug for my S12. I like that fact that you can change its setting without any tools. Speaking of settings, does the plug come with any instructions as to which setting is appropriate for what ammo, or is it a trial and error deal?

You guys who have one, what are your settings for slugs, 00 buck, and birdshot?

I would believe that other variables come into play, like how many ports do you have? The gunfixer was designed as i understand it for overgassed guns, and for greater controll. I havea 4 port that may be slightly over gassed, if you have a 3 port that hasn't been fed as many rounds our settings for different ammo is likly to be very different.

Edited by Nailbomb

I keep mine at 1+ most of the time because I usually shoot 00 buck. The 00 buck will cycle on 1- but I get a FTE about once a mag. 1+ guarantees cycling, so I'll trade a little recoil for a little reliability any day. When I shoot slugs and 3" I'll take it down to 1- because it will run just fine. I don't ever shoot birdshot so I can't give you any feedback on that.

Thinking about getting the GUNFIXER plug for my S12. I like that fact that you can change its setting without any tools. Speaking of settings, does the plug come with any instructions as to which setting is appropriate for what ammo, or is it a trial and error deal?

You guys who have one, what are your settings for slugs, 00 buck, and birdshot?

Yes, it comes with detailed instructions. Always start at -1 and work your way up to avoid over gassing. The plug both restricts more gas than the factory plug and focusses for more gas depending on the setting.