• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verson..I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you pull out the 4" S&W if for nothing more than to hear your blood curdling laugh... :lol:

Interesting read on this thread with everyone's thoughts and opinions. I haven't had the opportunity to try out a 10mm which I'm sure is a fine piece as are the line of Glocks. The Sigs are a fine hand gun as well and I see where you can purchase used Sigs now (former LEO carries). Wouldn't mind giving one them a try either. Maybe I'm old fashion or old school but I gotta stick with my .45 1911 as my choice.

Nonetheless, this thread was a very good read and I hope we can keep it going.

• 1 month later...
Personally, I will not carry a 1911 (varient) or CZ or any gun that has external safeties or grip safeties... I carry a Glock every day because it does NOT have all that stuff to get in your way when you really need it.

A glock WILL NOT go off unless you pull the trigger.... I feel 100% secure with a loaded glock in a holster.

Just my personal opinion: Best safety you have in between your ears, follow the basic NRA rules of firearm handling, and you should be fine.

Well I have gone over to the evil side. I did it because I travel to Florida occasionally and my 1911 CCW rig with leather holster was turning my parkerized colt into a pile of rust. So I acquired a sidearmor IWB for my glock 20 and a wilderness tactical 5 stitch belt to go along with it.

Pretty comfortable setup, more comfortable than the holster I had with the 1911. But I still feel pretty nervous about reholstering the weapon.

There are times when the pistol catches on my shirt or tshirt. I'm sure one of these days it'll catch just the wrong way on the trigger and "bang"! No fun.

One word about external controls on a weapon: training. Only an idiot carries a weapon he can't operate. Sadly a high percentage of police officers fit this category, at least I was told that by a police officer who also was a police firearms instructor and ran the police firing range.

Some idiot who gun grabs your glock only needs to put his finger on the trigger and he's gold.

If the gun grabber gets your 1911 or CZ he's got to take at least a split second or so trying to figure out how the %$ to make it work, or he'll point it at you with the safety engaged giving you plenty of time to yank the secondary and put you back in control.

CDNN got the hicap 10mm witness mags in stock. Now I have to find a holster for it.

• 1 month later...

Fellas I own a Glock 20 traded a slightly used HK USP Full for it. Also own 1911 and HK USP Elite .45 And let me tell you if the Wally World in my area carries Remington 200 grns. for $14 a box in 10mm for my Glock whats a few bucks. If you cant spend a few more bucks on a FAR superior round. Then go with the .45 but if you want something thats more powerful and accurate go with the 10mm youll be smiling all the time. And PS the best rounds for any .45 or 10mm is here http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php