The Lord said "Let there be ejection...and there was ejection&quo

Well finally got this puppy to spit out the cheap light loads. I found that the Winchester Universal Bulk U128 was the worst to eject for me. And when I say the worst, I mean 9 of 10 would FTE. If that good. Check this post of mine and you'll see what I have invested. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=38935&hl=

I feel the combination of the polishing, Gunfixers Improved Gas Plug, #2 Competition Reduced Power Recoil Spring and the Improved Gas Tappet from King Armory did the trick. So I loaded the drum and all my mags with the cheap stuff and headed to the range. Ran the drum in first, chambered the first round pulled the trigger and.......shit....didn't eject.....crap.... :angry:. Dohhhhh.....had the gas plug set on the minus one. Set it on 3 pulled the trigger again. Last thing I remember (4 seconds later) was a huge cloud of smoke and an empty drum and a destroyed target. HELL YA!!!!! :super::super::super:

FYI, I do have 3 unobstructed gas holes. So ladies & gentlemen, don't give up. Improvise, overcome and adapt.

post-16426-1240962878_thumb.jpg

post-16426-1240962898_thumb.jpg

I like the red white and blue shells on display :smoke:

But why the push for wally world win to eject? mine hates it but i never felt the need to tackle that hurdle becaws it feeds remington and federal just fine...

That said, congrats on achieving your goal.

Edited by Nailbomb

Nailbomb, You win the prize for picking up on the RW&B. Reasoning to do it because it was one of the last things to do to make the project successful for me. Not to mention that's about all that's on the shelf for ammo these days that won't break the bank.

I like the red white and blue shells on bisplay :smoke:

But why the push for wally world win to eject? mine hates it but i never felt the need to tackle that hurdle becaws it feeds remington and federal just fine...

That said, congrats on achieving your goal.

Last thing I want to worry about is where my ammo came from cause my gun might not work with it....... I'm just sayin.

To the OP, congrats to you on a job well done.

• 2 months later...

I have 3 holes but 1 of them appears to be on the edge of the opening. All three are fully open but the one on the edge looks like it could be about 10 percent covered. so i guess I have 2.9 holes. The gun fires all ammo other than the wallmart 100 packs everyone hates. Has anyone else seen this. I have bought the ka tappet, gunfixers improved plug, and the reduced recoil spring, but have not tested yet. How do I put the spring on? The drum works perfectly with quality ammo. Thanks for all of your advice.

I'm going to the range this weekend.

1st trip.

*Factory S12 with 3 holes: FTE on all settings with Federal Target ammo, both factory 5 rnd clip and MD20.

2nd trip.

*Polished everything and gunfixer valve: Flawless on both mag and drum, all settings with Winchester Xtreme 12ga. Setting 3 on Gfxr got me a flawless on mag with the Federal target, but the drum had several FTE.

The 3rd trip will be with all of the above mods, full conversion with reduced tension hammer spring, reduced tension front recoil spring and Chaos tappet.

Wish me luck. :cryss:

Edited by Bridis
In my experience with cheap wal-life ammo in 22 and 12 gauge, federal wins hands down.

Agreed. Rem is good stuff also (I like it better than federal but I run federal more often as it's typically more plentiful).

That Win Universal is CRAP!. We've had one that spread the thin brass wall open and jam up into the chamber causing a really nasty FTE. Get this; OF A PUMP MOSSBERG!. It was so jammed in there the pump was stuck! I had to hold the gun with both hands by the pump and smack the butt of the gun down against my upper thigh to get the hull out of the chamber!

If you ever meet anyone that reloads shotgun hulls ask them their opinion on Winchester Universal. The guys I've talked to are unanimous that they won't touch those Universal hulls! The Plastic and brass is too thin/flimsy.

If you just need something to pass the time ok, but don't look at Universal Winchester ammo as being at all reliable. No matter how well you make your gun run, it will still FTE when given an AMMO problem.

In my experience with cheap wal-life ammo in 22 and 12 gauge, federal wins hands down.

I am a big fan of Federal as well. The only caliber I've ever had problems with was their .22. All their other stuff works just fine with no hiccups in my guns. (*knocks on wood so as not to jinx his guns*) :D