Promag Warranty, you can't lose. NOT!

I sent my promags back last week to take advantage of their so called life time warrenty and so far have been getting the run around. They admit to recieving the package, but the person who answers the phone keeps telling me that their tech will call me back with the status. Ofcourse I hear nothing and every time I call, I get the same answer. I am getting the feeling that I would have been better just selling them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always go postal at the ProMag factory... :killer:

If he used their mags, I think they would be pretty safe, LOL!

Maybe. I think Patriot got a bad batch ...

These are no worse than the norm that I have been hearing. I just figued that instead of spending time tring to fix all those mags, I would take advantage of their warrenty and let them do the cork up the ass and everything else you got to do to get them to work. So far, I have been getting the run around. They could at least give me a refund so that I could buy 6 good surefire mags.

You could always go postal at the ProMag factory... :killer:

If he used their mags, I think they would be pretty safe, LOL!

Maybe. I think Patriot got a bad batch ...

These are no worse than the norm that I have been hearing. I just figued that instead of spending time tring to fix all those mags, I would take advantage of their warrenty and let them do the cork up the ass and everything else you got to do to get them to work. So far, I have been getting the run around. They could at least give me a refund so that I could buy 6 good surefire mags.

It serves you right. Thats what you get for all the annoying U.S. saiga clone crap. Maybe instead of sticking cork up your ass you could have used that cork to actually fix the magazines.

If he used their mags, I think they would be pretty safe

:lolol:

I just spit coffee all over my laptop

oh man that one got me too!!! Ive been waiting for a month for promag to send me a replacement follower and spring even though I didnt think it would fix it, but I havent even got them to try and now they say the guy is out and theyll make sure I get them, but after reading a thread about fixing them I found out the inside diam. of the mag is no good anyway. Im still PO that the store I bought it at wouldnt give me credit even with my reciept! The things are just junk and I cant wait until I can afford an MD drum or something good. Im just thankfull I didnt buy more of these! Good luck with yours Patriot! Think mine is gonna be like a spacer under a bench leg or something like that.

If he used their mags, I think they would be pretty safe

:lolol:

I just spit coffee all over my laptop

oh man that one got me too!!! Ive been waiting for a month for promag to send me a replacement follower and spring even though I didnt think it would fix it, but I havent even got them to try and now they say the guy is out and theyll make sure I get them, but after reading a thread about fixing them I found out the inside diam. of the mag is no good anyway. Im still PO that the store I bought it at wouldnt give me credit even with my reciept! The things are just junk and I cant wait until I can afford an MD drum or something good. Im just thankfull I didnt buy more of these! Good luck with yours Patriot! Think mine is gonna be like a spacer under a bench leg or something like that.

Let me know when you want to get rid of them.

I'll keep mine, thanks. :up:

Saw a post here today about somebody's Surefire malfunctioning on them, but no one's doing a virtual drive-by on their mags... :rolleyes:

+1. Patriot12, if you have a beef with promag take it up with them. Leave messages if you have to, but to trash them over the net is just low. They are not here to defend themselves.

Edited by Crusader

Saw a post here today about somebody's Surefire malfunctioning on them, but no one's doing a virtual drive-by on their mags... :rolleyes:

+1. Patriot12, if you have a beef with promag take it up with them. Leave messages if you have to, but to trash them over the net is just low. They are not here to defend themselves.

Thats right they are not here to defend themselve because promag is not a member of this community! If they were, I am sure they would produce a better product and not hide from warrenty obligations.

If he were a isolated incident i would understand, but he bought 10 and I think he has every right to be upset about getting a lower quality product than he expected, AND getting the run around with thier customer service.

Companies are suposed to test thier own products befor releasing them to the public. The AGPs and surefires breaking under 3" 00 is a severe duty cycle, and they have had problems with those admitedly, and i will not hold those companies on a shelf for this fault. But selling a product that cannot function at all without extensive modification is a whole different matter.

they very well may be working on it, i have heard less people complaining about thier followers, and if this is the case then there may be some redeeming them later, but in the meantime these people have every right to be angry.

Hmmmmm... /me ponders this....

I know of not one weapons system without its problems, but, most aren't chronic issues and are corrected quickly by the manufacturer.

However, there are those who don't take care of their customers, and they deserve what ever bad word of mouth they get.

Here we have a dissatisfied customer getting the run around, and hes letting his peers know about it.

Sounds like a reasonable response to me.

ProMag should be here, they should be catering to their customers, they should be doing as Tony, Greg and others do here, making a great name for themselves in their markets.

I'll stick with my SureFires and MD20 :devil:

I agree, if I had bought 10 I would be pissed. But I didn't, I showed a bit of restraint and bought 1. I liked it, and bought 2 more. Still like them. Other folks here do as well.

And the Surefire issue I read about had nothing to do with the 3" magnum buck:

Got the Surefire 12-round mag a few minutes ago. It clicked in nicely with no filing.

When hand cycling, at about every third round the spring would not advance the next round up until I removed the mag from the gun. So, I decided to open the mag to clean, silicone, and inspect. Upon pushing down the floorplate catch, I could not budge the floorplate off the bottom of the body. Tried hitting it with a rubber hammer and still no movement.

I there some special technique to getting the floorplate off the Surefire?

Thanks.

Wow. The mag didn't cycle. Wanted to hand fit it, but couldn't get the floorplate off. Now I wonder, why no chiming in on the shitty quality of the Surefire?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously. But I don't think one user who is overly vocal in his dislike for a product should continually trash a product that other members of this board have had little or only minor issues with. I don't know a damn thing about ProMag's previous reputation for sub standard mags, and don't care. Their S12 mag is a good design, it just needs some tweaking, just as a AGP, Surefire , or even a MD20 drum does on occasion.

All I am looking for is a little balance here. One or two complaints are justified. Seeking out every thread involving a product and trashing it to hell does a potential disservice to S12 owners.

I don't see any other companies lining up to produce S12 magazines. I at least give ProMag kudos for giving us another option... :up:

I agree, if I had bought 10 I would be pissed. But I didn't, I showed a bit of restraint and bought 1. I liked it, and bought 2 more. Still like them. Other folks here do as well.

And the Surefire issue I read about had nothing to do with the 3" magnum buck:

Got the Surefire 12-round mag a few minutes ago. It clicked in nicely with no filing.

When hand cycling, at about every third round the spring would not advance the next round up until I removed the mag from the gun. So, I decided to open the mag to clean, silicone, and inspect. Upon pushing down the floorplate catch, I could not budge the floorplate off the bottom of the body. Tried hitting it with a rubber hammer and still no movement.

I there some special technique to getting the floorplate off the Surefire?

Thanks.

Wow. The mag didn't cycle. Wanted to hand fit it, but couldn't get the floorplate off. Now I wonder, why no chiming in on the shitty quality of the Surefire?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously. But I don't think one user who is overly vocal in his dislike for a product should continually trash a product that other members of this board have had little or only minor issues with. I don't know a damn thing about ProMag's previous reputation for sub standard mags, and don't care. Their S12 mag is a good design, it just needs some tweaking, just as a AGP, Surefire , or even a MD20 drum does on occasion.

All I am looking for is a little balance here. One or two complaints are justified. Seeking out every thread involving a product and trashing it to hell does a potential disservice to S12 owners.

I don't see any other companies lining up to produce S12 magazines. I at least give ProMag kudos for giving us another option... :up:

Have you even gotten to a range yet to test yours? when i did my durability test on the products i have on hand you argued with me there, and you have argued at every available chance. But didn't you also admit you havn't even gotten out to shoot them yet?

Maybe we should start a stickied thread for the promags too so we can measure them more appropriatly in your eyes? Becaws honestly I havn't heard too many people saying they have had only minor problems with any more than a handful of posts.

you comparing the work needed to a AGP, a Surefire and a promag is a understatement.

I own all 3.

My AGP comes apart by screws very easy, and i can easily clear off any burrs that might mess up cycling. it required no fitting on my gun, and many other people have reported the same. Some people require minor fitting, but these guns are known to have variances. They feed reliably with few exceptions.

My Surefire needed no internal sanding, and no fitting. Some people may need minor fitting due to variances in the gun. Mine feeds reliably and i have not had a FTF yet, though i have only owned this as long as the promags.

My promags took extensive fitting to get to lock in properly, and the ID was less than that of a 12 GA shell. I filed away on it for over a hour without succes at removing enough material. eventualy i hogged out the inside with a sanding drum on a dremel. With all of this work into it is fails to feed at least once every full load i have put in it.

this is your idea of a good alternative? its current resume isn't much better than the wraithmakers.

Sure, you can post the pic if you want.

I was just wondering whether or not you got inside the mag body. I opened mine up, and found the slight narrowing towards the top of the mag body you spoke of. Did a little bit of material removal, filed a tad off the metal feed lips as they seemed to want to catch high brass shells. Sprayed the mag spring and the interior of the mag body with dry lube, and it seems to cycle a lot smoother now. Haven't hd them on the range yet, but hopefully they will be fine.

Folks seem to forget there is a 3 page AGP Mag complaint thread stickied to the top of this board, and I've heard of Surefire's having issues too. I think the ProMags will eventually be sorted out also....

Wasn't too long ago, gotten out to the range in the last 6 days? how much ammo you burn through? any pics?

IDK, my Saiga 12 came with 3 Pro-mags and all of them worked perfectly, until last weekend that was.... One of my mags gave me a couple of FTF's on a new type of ammo.... So when I got home I took it apart and noticed that it had went dry, so I took a cleaning patch with some Break Free on it, lubed it up, and now its fine.... These Pro-mags definitely dont like to be dry, no matter what I still think that you shouldnt have to do shit to a mag for it to work properly, every mag should be built with a battlefield attitude, meaning no matter what, if you had to use it on the battlefield, it should just work... Lets just hope a company like C-Products picks up the design and builds us a good metal mag, or what id really like to see is Camenga come up with an Easy-mag for these Saiga 12's..... Wouldnt that be nice!?

Edited by criminalpoet
Wasn't too long ago, gotten out to the range in the last 6 days? how much ammo you burn through? any pics?

Look dude, I wish you and Patriot well. Hopefully you've both dug your bunker a foot or two lower than mine, so when the commies paradrop in or swine flu mutates into zombie flu you two will be ready. Whats your point? Your opinion is the only one that matters? Wow.

Where I live the closest range is over 40 miles away one way, and when I go I'll be glad to post a even handed report on how everything functions. I'm not repping for Surefire and don't own one, so I won't get any commision money from you guys, I do own some AGP's , and I'll let you know how those work for me. Can't promise any pics though, I'm not as photogenic as you appear to be ....:P

Edited by Jpanzer
IDK, my Saiga 12 came with 3 Pro-mags and all of them worked perfectly, until last weekend that was.... One of my mags gave me a couple of FTF's on a new type of ammo.... So when I got home I took it apart and noticed that it had went dry, so I took a cleaning patch with some Break Free on it, lubed it up, and now its fine.... These Pro-mags definitely dont like to be dry, no matter what I still think that you shouldnt have to do shit to a mag for it to work properly, every mag should be built with a battlefield attitude, meaning no matter what, if you had to use it on the battlefield, it should just work... Lets just hope a company like C-Products picks up the design and builds us a good metal mag, or what id really like to see is Camenga come up with an Easy-mag for these Saiga 12's..... Wouldnt that be nice!?

+1 on the metal mags. That would solve all this BS about inner diameter fluctuating on mags. They oughta be on the market now. It sucks that the cheapest you can get a mag is $30 for a Promag, and close to $50 for the AGP and Surefire. All for $2 worth of plastic and a dollar spring inside... :evil:

Friendly criticism is fine.... but lets keep the smack talk in Fight Club...

Believe it or not.... NOT having every thread filled with smack talk HELPS attract quality vendors....

Then again... so does a lively board....

All I'm sayin' is... let's use the forums we have for what there for.....

Look dude, I wish you and Patriot well. Hopefully you've both dug your bunker a foot or two lower than mine, so when the commies paradrop in or swine flu mutates into zombie flu you two will be ready. Whats your point? Your opinion is the only one that matters? Wow.

Where I live the closest range is over 40 miles away one way, and when I go I'll be glad to post a even handed report on how everything functions. I'm not repping for Surefire and don't own one, so I won't get any commision money from you guys, I do own some AGP's , and I'll let you know how those work for me. Can't promise any pics though, I'm not as photogenic as you appear to be ....:P

Its funny you bring up commision... i'm not a paid rep or even a rep for surefire or agp, but i bet theres some people that are. I can't understand your idea of wanting to defend a product you havn't used yet. I mean honestly who does that? I can show you posts back a while when i was frustrated with the problems making these functional but optimistic and flat out saying i wanted to reserve final opinion untill i got back from a range. I'm NOT saying mine is the only opinion, but please don't try to sound like an authority about a product you havn't used.

As far as the photogenic remark, the pics are to just show that when i said i went to a range and blew through a few hundred rounds testing these products- I did. I try to accuratly review these products so that i can help people put thier money into a viable product the first time. Without pics i could be any asshole sitting at home, not really testing the products and feeding you a bunch of bullshit. I would like to think that people don't believe I'm going to sugar coat my reviews, fire a few rounds, sweep up a bunch of other peoples then take a hammer to a target all in the name of feeding them some crap you know?

Edited by Nailbomb
In my current opinion, the only mags I trust 100% are my AGPs.... for now.

+1 :up:

I'm within a short drive from their factory here in Kali. These were the first mags I bought and I got it straight from the factory. Even as close as I am, I don't even want to bother with going back and griping about a warranty. Worse case is that they'll replace my already modded mags for new ones that work even crappier and still needs to be modded to fit my gun. Total waste of time! I've moved on and I ONLY BUY AGPs! However, those Taiwan mags from Greg at CSS are good too! (no fitment or feed problems at all)

Edited by FrustratedInCali

I have never fired a Promag..... I am just recalling back to the AGP early days......

Every other thread was "I can't get my AGP to work...."

we NOW have a fantastic product with AGP....

I STILL never had a problem with my first gen AGP's... but many did....

Give Promag a chance before we bash em.....

Just sayin'... I ain't never had a polly mag that didn't need "a little" work to be perfect....

And before people post here to bitch.........

CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER......