Promag Warranty, you can't lose. NOT!

I love it when someone with only a measely 1,000 posts or so comes here to talk this much shit about a brand new product like it was supposed to work perfect right off the bat... :rolleyes:

Sorry dude but you are really showing your ignorance about the S-12 platform. If you want it to work perfect all the time then just stick to using the factory mags and clean it regularly. You shouldn't have any problems then.

You guys that were not here back when the AGP mags first came out should go back to that time period in the forum archives, and read every thread on this forum. Then jump ahead to the WM fiasco, the MD fiasco that followed, and maybe then you might get a clue.

These mags (the first run of them) were shit, and everyone already knows it. IMO they should have all been recalled once the obvious problems were made public. Going on and on and on about them and how unfair it is for people to have gotten stuck with a few because they rushed out to be the first ones on the block to have some....that's just damned silly. It's the price you pay when being one of the first to try a new product. Yes they need to honor their damned warranty and I'm sure they will do just that or be sued.

Just give em a damned chance to figure out wtf to do about them first and you will get your working Promags. It's not like they don't already have enough bad rep to try and live down over some of their past failures in the mag dept....

I still give them props for taking on the challenge to build us a mag for the S-12, especially in these trying times. They have a good head start with the design. It just needs a few tweaks to become more reliable. Give em time and quit with all the damn bitchin.

It's an S-12 for crying out loud. They can't even get them the same right out of the factory. How the hell do y'all expect every MFG that tries to make an after market part work in them, to succeed immediately?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being facetious...after the comment above mine. It makes no difference what so ever, how many posts a person has here. I know some people who are more knowledgeable than most of the regular posters here, but who stay quiet....mostly because of the number of total idiots on here who like to argue and bitch about everything they see, whether it's people cracking on new products, whining about delays in MFG, being mean to newcomers, or just plain acting stupid.

It is a fact though, that there has been a history of shill posters, from some MFGs that were under fire, who only made things worse by coming here and shouting a bunch of fictitious praise.

I understand, I don't work for any MFG. As a matter of fact, I don't work for anyone. I am a full time student at University of Nevada Reno. I was offering my opinion about a product that was being discussed in this thread. There seems to be alot of distrust on this forum.

The distrust comes from having a few shill posters on the forum in the past. And while i stand by my opinion of the product as someone who isn't afraid of working on a gun or in this case a mag, i probably owe you a apology.

singling you out like that wasn't fair, and i don't mean to discourage you from posting. Forum wouldn't get any new members if the existing members act like that.(I didn't get the most wonderful welcome to the forum myself)

Cobra: I gotta say i'm a little disapointed in your reactions latley. not that you'll care. I would love to chalk up the promag issues to poor product testing but if i recall correctly they sent you one and you told them about some of thier issues. You've already said your disapointed they didn't listen to you. How can you turn around now and defend the company?

Now please don't take this as me trying to stirr up shit as theres a few hot button issues here, this is going to be hard to get through.

I don't believe your standards are that much different than mine, if they wern't you would have released your LRBHO a long time ago.

Edited by Nailbomb

Nailbomb did you even read my whole post?

I'm NOT defending them....any more than I defend any other company who goes out on a limb to try and bring something to this niche market. I said very plainly that the mags should have been recalled just as soon as the "issues" surfaced. Hell it only took me 5 seconds upon seeing a bin full of them at the first gun show here they were brought to, for me to see there was a huge problem. Four out of five of the mags in the bin, NEW in wrap, had followers popping all the way up against the feed lips. :eek:

I bought that 5th mag and shipped it to Greg at CSS. I continued testing the one they sent me as well. Greg and I both came to the same conclusion...they SUCKED unless they could work out the issues with being to tight for the high brass to come to the top, and the damn followers caving in and missing the stops.

Did I come straight out in public and bash them for putting out a POS without testing it? (the same way I got myself fired from being a mod here for doing about the POS wraithfaker?) NO...I didn't. FYI I was asked by the owner of this forum not to ever do that again, and I respect my friend Makc enough to keep my word on that.

So....instead of crying like a spoiled child who got a piece of candy and it melted before he could eat it, I relayed this information DIRECTLY TO THE SOURCE....just like all these unhappy customers, INCLUDING YOURSELF, should be doing, rather than crying a million tears on the internet. If they got enough bad feedback right in their own ears, the problems would actually get fixed.

I don't really care who I disappoint here, as long as I don't make the mistake of bashing businesses who are actually spending their own money and time trying to make products for the S-12. Back when a lot of us came here, the only choices we had were the five rd mag that came in our shotty, and ordering 8 rdrs from overseas. I ordered quite a few from over there, and got really tired of paying 80 bucks for a mag that only held 3 more rds.

AGP stepped up and made 10 rdrs, with some help from me. (I sent Kevin the original 8rd Russian mag he disected to figure out how best to design his) I supported Kevin 100%, even while a bunch of whiny assholes were coming here every day bitching about the long wait...then bitching about the first feed lips popping off....then bitching about the followers hanging up....ETC....

WE HAVE A FEEDBACK SECTION FOR THAT PEOPLE! USE IT!

Eventually, AGP got all the issues worked out and now they have a very reliable product. Before that happened though, they got so sick of all the whining and bitching on THIS forum, by spoiled people who do not understand what it takes to design and build something, bring it to market, lose a bunch of money along the way trying to perfect it, and finally enjoying success....that they completely stopped associating with us, instead of being here to enjoy the good feedback and maybe even develop MORE good stuff for us.

The same damn thing happened with MD Arms and the 20rd drum....wait wait wait....bitch bitch bitch....shitstorm after shitstorm.....how often do you see Mike posting these days?

If people would get a clue and stop acting like spoiled children all the time, you would see a lot more good vendors coming here and bringing lot more great products to the table.

Nailbomb did you even read my whole post?

I'm NOT defending them....any more than I defend any other company who goes out on a limb to try and bring something to this niche market.[cut]

If people would get a clue and stop acting like spoiled children all the time, you would see a lot more good vendors coming here and bringing lot more great products to the table.

I did read your whole post and thats still defending them. Maybe if we keep complaining to promags customer service we can get them to offer a reliability service. Thats what happened for you when you complained about a ammo feeding device to the company befor right?

I didn't figure me being disapointed would change your mind much. You very well may have done a lot for these guns, but i don't think standing on a soap box and calling everyone spoiled becaws you remember a time when there wasn't a aftermarket does any good. I'll try to keep looking on the positive side, that was a interesting history lesson, i don't think i draw the same conclusions from it.

If we don't adress a poor product as a poor product we're only inviting more products, not more quality products. I would love to see more vendors, but I don't want to see vendors who turn out a substandard product, Ignore product testing and then give people the run around.

I was being facetious...after the comment above mine. It makes no difference what so ever, how many posts a person has here. I know some people who are more knowledgeable than most of the regular posters here, but who stay quiet....mostly because of the number of total idiots on here who like to argue and bitch about everything they see, whether it's people cracking on new products, whining about delays in MFG, being mean to newcomers, or just plain acting stupid.

It is a fact though, that there has been a history of shill posters, from some MFGs that were under fire, who only made things worse by coming here and shouting a bunch of fictitious praise.

+1. Ive been reading this forum for a couple years. i love it in spite of all the grown men whining

Whatever Nailbomb. Go ahead and make yourself a list of every "sub-standard" product on the market, then start threads about each one and bitch til the cows come home....I'm sure that will just do worlds of good....even if the people who actually NEED to hear your bitching, don't even come here to read it. At least it will make you feel better right? :rolleyes:

You guys just go right ahead and turn this forum into your own little playground, then enjoy it when you are the only ones still in it.

I'm through wasting my breath here.....I won't even bother to post the obligatory Special Olympics marathon kid.

Anyone familiar with promags should not be surprised. Promags have many many well known magazines that just plain do not work and they still pump them out. One example of the top of my head is the hipoint 995 15 round mag that has been out for a couple years now. I have never seen one that works but since they are the only aftermarket mag available people keep buying them and returning them. They can be made to work well but most people are not wiling to fiddle with their new mags to get them to work.

Them making Saiga 12 mags actually makes sense though because S12 owners tend to accept the fact that they will have to do some work to get things running properly. I guess I can accept having to shove a cork in a boiled follower for a $30 10 round magazine. It's a good excuse to drink a bottle of wine.

Those 10x promags were returned to Patriot12, I now own everything that was his to include his wife!! I have not had a chance to look at them, but appearently they repaired the same ones that were sent in. I am skeptical that they will work and with the cost of ammo I don't want to fire the number of shells necessary to build my confidence up. I will likely sell them and buy AGP or Surefire 8rd mags. I will descide for sure in a couple of weeks. I am currently on a buisness trip.

Them making Saiga 12 mags actually makes sense though because S12 owners tend to accept the fact that they will have to do some work to get things running properly. I guess I can accept having to shove a cork in a boiled follower for a $30 10 round magazine. It's a good excuse to drink a bottle of wine.

Good post.

• 3 weeks later...

My Pro Mag ten rounder works flawlessly for me. I tried it yesterday and shot a few magazine loads.

I like Pro Mag products and will vouch for them. I used their products in different toys and they all work well. The only exception is the 25 rounder magazine for the 10/22 which works better when loaded with 23 rounds. The 20 round Mini-14 magazine needed to be fitted a bit to the rifle but their 30 round polymer mag works like a factory magazine.

No I don't work for Pro Mag and they don't pay me for speaking up for them but I am happy with their products and I'm putting in my two cents worth.

I have recently had a chance to examine my promags since they returned from warrenty. They are not only the same mags, nothing has been done to fix them. They simply returned the mags to me without doing a thing. I am now selling these mags for $15.00 a piece plus shipping if anyone is interested.

Edited by Crusader
I have recently had a chance to examine my promags since they returned from warrenty. They are not only the same mags, nothing has been done to fix them. They simply returned the mags to me without doing a thing. I am now selling these mags for $15.00 a piece plus shipping if anyone is interested.

Check your PMs...

• 4 weeks later...

The me start by saying that I know S12 Promags often require work to function well. In fact, I screwed around with my original five mags for a while before I figured out most of the little tricks to keep things feeding smoothly. Yet contrary to the experiences of others I have no complaints with their warranty.

I recently acquired another ten Promag ten rounders that turned out to be Gen 1 mags. I looked them over and identified that they had the older short side lugs on the followers but were otherwise in good order. I then proceeded to screw up one of the ten mags by trying something new and sanding the inside of one of the bodies beyond repair. I wrote off my mistake and called Promag about the followers. I spoke with their tech, Eric, and told him my issues with their product and asked for replacement followers for the nine good mags I had left. Eric had ten (he wanted me to have an extra just in case) replacement followers in my hands in less than a week and even offered to replace the mag I ruined if I sent it back to his attention. I sent the mag to him last week and just arrived home to find a brand new replacement waiting for me on the front porch.

I short, Promags have issues... but in my case, they honored their warranty, handled my claim quickly, and addressed things to my satisfaction. I will still likely need tweak the replacement to get it to my liking but I never expected them to even replace it since it was altered so it is really nothing worth complaining about as far as I am concerned.

I see this thread is a little old but, I have a few ProMags and the work great. I also have offered a few friends to buy some and if they don't like them I will trade my AGPs for them. I like promag better so far. I did not give my SF12rndrs a chance really, before I sold them but will try them again and cut them down. = only because of the feed lips.