Promag Warranty, you can't lose. NOT!

I have never fired a Promag..... I am just recalling back to the AGP early days......

Every other thread was "I can't get my AGP to work...."

we NOW have a fantastic product with AGP....

I STILL never had a problem with my first gen AGP's... but many did....

Give Promag a chance before we bash em.....

Just sayin'... I ain't never had a polly mag that didn't need "a little" work to be perfect....

And before people post here to bitch.........

CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER......

I contacted the manufacturer before starting this thread and have been given the run around.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never fired a Promag..... I am just recalling back to the AGP early days......

Every other thread was "I can't get my AGP to work...."

we NOW have a fantastic product with AGP....

I STILL never had a problem with my first gen AGP's... but many did....

Give Promag a chance before we bash em.....

Just sayin'... I ain't never had a polly mag that didn't need "a little" work to be perfect....

And before people post here to bitch.........

CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER......

I contacted the manufacturer before starting this thread and have been given the run around.

right.... long story.... not involving you....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19834

hey guys go to my thread on how to fix pro mags. simple and it works.

might wanna throw up a link, if its really that effective i would want to give it a shot.

I have already commited to the deal with you, don't think it would change that(I will stand by my word). But for what its worth i'm willing to give another method a shot, if you'll give me the time to try whatever you have going on. If theres a easy method of making these effective i would like to know for my own knowledge, and i'll eat the words i've said about them.

Edited by Nailbomb

How long has it been since they said the tech would call you back?

If it has been over a week, then yeah, go raise some hell.

BTW, it's warranty

....just sayin'

Friendly criticism is fine.... but lets keep the smack talk in Fight Club...

Believe it or not.... NOT having every thread filled with smack talk HELPS attract quality vendors....

Then again... so does a lively board....

All I'm sayin' is... let's use the forums we have for what there for.....

Cage match????

ProMag Fix

Description in first post, pics bottom of page 2.

Do you have a fix to get them to honor their warrenty?

Patriot12, You could try to boil some water, put a cork on a fork and cram it up you ass!

Crusader, that is uncalled for. If you have a personnal beef with me then take it to the fight club forum. These personal attacks are destracting from serious discussions.

ProMag Fix

Patriot12, You could try to boil some water, put a cork on a fork and cram it up you ass!

Crusader, that is uncalled for. If you have a personnal beef with me then take it to the fight club forum. These personal attacks are destracting from serious discussions.

Please forgive me Mr. Advanced Member, I hope that I have not offended thee with my recommendation on fixing your Promag warrenty bug. I would hate to have you cry to Juggernaut like you did in the Fight Club forum begging him to; "Stop the maddness, Crusader is trashing my reputation and he is not even an advanced member." LAMO!

Edited by Crusader
I would rather you be happy and have the three mags that you paid for. I,ll try and link the post

ok how do you link a post?

So your answer is find a block of wood the width of a 12 ga round and shove it through the bottom, then boil them and cook them for a few minutes at 400 degrees in a oven?

Did you just set them in a pan? what kept them from burning/melting? did you suspend them from wire connected to the WMS?

That is total crap!! I will call them tomorrow..I am sick of these jerkoffs selling us substandard crap and not fixing it in a timely fashion.If I sell someone something that ends up sucking I give them their money back and I am a lone individual.

Make it right or fall on your sword promag douchenozzles!

Just my 2 cents on this. I heard ProMag made these and I didn't even consider them. I bought a drum for my Ruger 10/22 and a 10 round mag for my Colt Mustang and neither works. They both jam and won't feed. I am wondering, has anyone had any luck with the warranty repairs? I tried contacting them a while ago and it was a real pain so I gave up and just accepted the $115 loss. But if any of yah'll have had any luck with them repairing their products I might try again.

After fitting to my gun, i had to use the cork fix to get my promag to work.

Sounds like im glad i didnt have to "try" to use the warranty.

I would not recomend a promag nor will i ever buy another one.

I got 3 promags back in Jan SAI02 10rd which is no second gen that has been stated in other topic SAI01 is the 5rd . Mine all worked perfect untill last fri all 3 springs broke. 1 broke in 2 , 1 broke in 3 , and the last went into 8 peices all within 5 min. I have keeped my mags loaded since day one and shot a few hundred rds out off each. I called late fri and got new springs earley today fri 7days new springs. The new springs are clearly differant then the og springs I had. I called asked for new springs and recieved. No bitching, NO online bashing, be a man and call them and don't be an asshole and I'am sure it will work out.

My new springs are shiny my old springs are black.

I would rather you be happy and have the three mags that you paid for. I,ll try and link the post

ok how do you link a post?

So your answer is find a block of wood the width of a 12 ga round and shove it through the bottom, then boil them and cook them for a few minutes at 400 degrees in a oven?

Did you just set them in a pan? what kept them from burning/melting? did you suspend them from wire connected to the WMS?

boiling them did not work I just sat them on a grate in the oven on their edge. . when you pull them out place them in a bucket of water with the wood still in place .

post-14506-1241213978_thumb.jpg

Edited by scarey
ProMag Fix

Talked to promag today. Appearenly they had someone fix the mags and will be shipping them out today. These will not be new mags, but the same ones sent in fixed. It will be interesting to see what they did to fix them. I will examine them closely and post any visible changes that could be applied as lessons learned.

• 2 weeks later...
ProMag Fix

Talked to promag today. Appearenly they had someone fix the mags and will be shipping them out today. These will not be new mags, but the same ones sent in fixed. It will be interesting to see what they did to fix them. I will examine them closely and post any visible changes that could be applied as lessons learned.

Did you get these back yet. If so, are they working? Any changes you can see (different springs, etc)? Thanks.

When I first spoke to Promag they told me that there was shrinkage in some of the followers and faulty springs. I was told they would send me a replacement follower and spring, I called back a month later to ask if it was sent and someone else there re-took my info and said it would be sent. I should have wrote down the timeline but its been at least a few more weeks now so Ill be calling them again this week! Ive since discovered the problem of the internal clearance not enough for a shell to go thru so Ill ask them about that this time. I just looked at there website and noticed they quit selling mags for the S-12.

I just looked at there website and noticed they quit selling mags for the S-12.

They are probably retooling. Saiga 12 mags are too popular for them to just give up.....I would think.....

I really wish TAPCO would make a S12 mag. I have their SKS 20rd mags and 30rd AK mags and love them both. Never had any problems with either and they look good too.

Edited by TheDarkHorse

Ask for Mike Kurvink at Promag...He sent me two new replacements and they work great..He is the Senior Tech over there...He was telling me the First Gen mags had alot of problems with the folower and the mag diameter..The new ones that i have work alot better..

Mag diameter has been the consistent problem with all 3 I have.

I love the look of the mag and the material it's made of seems harder than the AGP's. IF they could ever get a consistent inner diameter from mag to mag these would rock.

Edited by Jpanzer

Purchased two Promag 10 rounders a month or so back. After some minor alterations, they fit better than my factory magazine. Disassembled both and found that one of the springs was not properly attached to the follower. I took them to the range for the first time this past Saturday and they both worked flawlessly. I have no complaints with Promag's product. I am looking forward to buying more.

Purchased two Promag 10 rounders a month or so back. After some minor alterations, they fit better than my factory magazine. Disassembled both and found that one of the springs was not properly attached to the follower. I took them to the range for the first time this past Saturday and they both worked flawlessly. I have no complaints with Promag's product. I am looking forward to buying more.

I love people with less than 10 posts that sing praise about a product that has given me grief. I don't think i've ever had it happen more than with promags.

Could just be coincidence though. :031:

Edited by Nailbomb