Saiga 12s in stock at many of my local shops.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

kazmij - I still have some in 19" and 24" if you cant find them at that price. 575 and 600, respectively, plus shipping. The nice part is, even with new issues arising, is that you can have Tom Cole i

2 years ago is when I ran across the forum & wanted to get a S12 but just never did. Got a wild hair up my butt yesterday so I came back to the forum and have been reading through numerous posts....

I'm surprised my account was still active... ;)

By the way I was born and raised in TN and just got back from visiting the folks for Xmas in TN last week....

J

Jtrade,

First post in over 2 yrs since you joined this forum. Youve been lurking in the shadows all this time? Wow.

Where at in TN if you dont mind me asking. I am about 30 min south of Nashville.

Your not to far away from where we go then. All my family and my fiance's family live in Sparta....

I lived in Shelbyville until I was 12. My dad worked for John Deere and he got relocated to SW GA in 1992. Him and my mother were both born and raised in Sparta, TN as well.

J

2 years ago is when I ran across the forum & wanted to get a S12 but just never did. Got a wild hair up my butt yesterday so I came back to the forum and have been reading through numerous posts....

By the way I was born and raised in TN and just got back from visiting the folks for Xmas in TN last week....

J

Jtrade,

First post in over 2 yrs since you joined this forum. Youve been lurking in the shadows all this time? Wow.

Where at in TN if you dont mind me asking. I am about 30 min south of Nashville.

Edited by jtrade

I live 1hr west of nashville. Dickson County. nice to see a few fellow Tennesseeans

Your not to far away from where we go then. All my family and my fiance's family live in Sparta....

I lived in Shelbyville until I was 12. My dad worked for John Deere and he got relocated to SW GA in 1992. Him and my mother were both born and raised in Sparta, TN as well.

J

J

Jtrade,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Saw a few at a show last week for $440.

There was a price war between 3 tables at the last gun show I was at (Big Town in DFW). Managed to snag a 19" for $480 OTD.

FWIW, I've never seen that many Saiga 12s at a gun show before, I usually see one or two...at the most (including a non-converted w/ UTG rail for $850 :ded: ).

Maybe they'll go lower?!

• 2 months later...

"And majority of people dont know what they look like as a conversion..So to them its just another ordinary boring shotgun.."

If gun retailers would remove that bland and boring 5 round OEM mag, and replace it with a 20 round drum on their display models, the customers would grab them up and gladly pay the extra for the mag (I understand the 922r thing, but shucks, a body could sell the drum as a later purchase)....I told my local dealer that if he would remove the ten round mag on a Kel-Tec SU16A he had on the wall, and put a 30 round AR mag in, it would sell quickly. He did, and it did.

There is both a science, and an art, to selling....

PJJ

• 4 months later...

So what happened with the availability of S-12's as of 2011? I see nothing for sale anywhere other than GunBroker for VERY high prices...... What gives???

"And majority of people dont know what they look like as a conversion..So to them its just another ordinary boring shotgun.."

If gun retailers would remove that bland and boring 5 round OEM mag, and replace it with a 20 round drum on their display models, the customers would grab them up and gladly pay the extra for the mag (I understand the 922r thing, but shucks, a body could sell the drum as a later purchase)....I told my local dealer that if he would remove the ten round mag on a Kel-Tec SU16A he had on the wall, and put a 30 round AR mag in, it would sell quickly. He did, and it did.

There is both a science, and an art, to selling....

PJJ

So what happened with the availability of S-12's as of 2011? I see nothing for sale anywhere other than GunBroker for VERY high prices...... What gives???

The short answer is that they didn't move quickly in 2010 so distributors weren't looking to bring in lots of them so distributor inventory was not large. Then at the end of January the ATF released a study on the importability of shotguns. There is fear that the Saiga 12 may be banned for importation permanently following the end of the comments period at the end of April. Concerned people ran out and supplies were quickly drying up causing prices to increase.

• 2 months later...

I got the bug to get one this past Monday when I read in the NRA (I have been a Life Member for 28 years) American Hunter that BATF :rolleyes: was still considering stopping importation. I checked online and around the Metro Atlanta area and could only find a very few and they were high as a cats back. I finally got a new 12 ga 19" barrell IZ-109 manfactured in Feb 2010 for $849 OTD at Forest Park Army/ Navy, every body else including Classic arms was $20-$150 more with shipping and transfer fees. I am just happy to get one. When I got home I ordered $425 worth of upgrades most off this site 2 -10rnd mags, a reliability kit, a Poly choke-II, and some other parts. I am not sure what I will add from here . I know there will be more, there always is.B)

:killer:

Edited by Palidin