Saiga 12s in stock at many of my local shops.

whats a rumore conversion cost now???/..1800ish price point is too the point where many are going to look towards the turkey gun...gun aint worth it at the price you now need to spend in order to get the product

Edited by snooter
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

kazmij - I still have some in 19" and 24" if you cant find them at that price. 575 and 600, respectively, plus shipping. The nice part is, even with new issues arising, is that you can have Tom Cole i

I just picked up a 19" 12C EXP-01 today at a gun show in Greenville, SC. I was looking for a sxs shotty to sbs, but have wanted a saiga 12 for a while. Once the prices started to climb, I figured I'd just live without one. So around here, even stock configuration ones were going for $700-$800. I walked up to a table near the end of my roaming, and see a Saiga 12 on its box with a price of $530! So, I pick it up and hold onto it for dear life, waiting for one of the dealers to look over at me (it was a large, busy vendor) I asked about it, and they took Credit Cards (didn't pack that much cash with me there) so I said I'd take it. He said he had one unopened in the box he would get me instead of the display one. As soon as I walked over to fill out the paper work, another guy asked for one, and the dealer said the display was the last one, so he took it. The dealers table was crazy with 5 dedicated FFL paperwork employees, but somewhere in the mix, they put the serial number of the display one on my paperwork, so I would up with that one. It was still unfired, and had the cleaning kit, one mag, and paperwork in the box. The only weird thing about it, is there is a 1.5"x2" area on the right rear side of the reciever where it looks like they engraved a bunch of dots over a previous engraving. I can't make out what it used to say. So, after taxes and all that jazz, it was $574 OTD.

I just picked up a 19" 12C EXP-01 today at a gun show in Greenville, SC. I was looking for a sxs shotty to sbs, but have wanted a saiga 12 for a while. Once the prices started to climb, I figured I'd just live without one. So around here, even stock configuration ones were going for $700-$800. I walked up to a table near the end of my roaming, and see a Saiga 12 on its box with a price of $530! So, I pick it up and hold onto it for dear life, waiting for one of the dealers to look over at me (it was a large, busy vendor) I asked about it, and they took Credit Cards (didn't pack that much cash with me there) so I said I'd take it. He said he had one unopened in the box he would get me instead of the display one. As soon as I walked over to fill out the paper work, another guy asked for one, and the dealer said the display was the last one, so he took it. The dealers table was crazy with 5 dedicated FFL paperwork employees, but somewhere in the mix, they put the serial number of the display one on my paperwork, so I would up with that one. It was still unfired, and had the cleaning kit, one mag, and paperwork in the box. The only weird thing about it, is there is a 1.5"x2" area on the right rear side of the reciever where it looks like they engraved a bunch of dots over a previous engraving. I can't make out what it used to say. So, after taxes and all that jazz, it was $574 OTD.

You did really good! Where was this gun show?

My local shop called me just the other day and said he had 3 or 4 of them available for $550. It's nice to see some people not price gouging.

I like the idea of Saiga 12s at <$600.

FWIW- I bought my 12 for more. Just a shade under $800 actually due to availability a while back. There were only 9 new Saiga 12s in my city at the time (in a three month period) and only one dealer had them (they had a shipment that came in within the week and they were gone in less time).

I guess the price takes into considerations like a local shop I trust, no hunting around for one, no long drives wasting gas, no dealing with folks who I'd rather not just to get a good price, FFL transfers from out of state, or etc. I guess I paid a "convenience fee" and simply filled out the forms and from there it was cash & carry. The last rifle I bought from that shop was negotiated at a $500 discount (under retail value) for a brand new DPMS LR-308 AP4. So, I guess it evens out in the wash.

Anyway, so... is the thought they will still / may be banned or what? If so... I see another spike in the future before the importation comes to an end (no brainer).

• 2 weeks later...

Kicking myself in the butt as well. I wanted to buy one before the ATF scare when they were $400. Well the scare happened and I never got one. Now they came back and the cheapest I could buy one was $660 plus sales tax. What's funny is another gun shop about an hour away from the one where I bought mine was charging $900 plus sales tax.

From what I've seen they are hovering around $600 (average) for a new one in Mass.

Edited by BadBoyBilly
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think now that there is a lesser scare of a new AWB we'll see prices drop a lot.

We'll see the prices stop rising. They'll drop if we're lucky.

599 is the usual going price for an unconverted around here. then again, its been a bit since I've really looked. I would never pay upwards of 900 for an unconverted - thats just crazy. I think I paid around 549 at the time for my S12.

I can't imagine that there would be any demand left if prices hit $800. I haven't even gotten around to converting mine because the $650 price tag set me back so far.

Edited by fluffy402

Here in SE Tx, unconverted Saiga 12's are going for $650-1000. I went ahead and bought one for $650. It was hard to do, knowing how cheap they used to be. It was one of those, "Buy it now or wait longer until they are even more expensiveor unavailable." kinda things. I wish I would've started buying Saiga's back when I first learned of them in '03.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to buy a converted S12 but it seems like stocks are limited, is there a chance that a local gun store might have one for a reasonable price? Or is my best bet to try and find one in stock online?

BTW I'm in Atlanta

You're more likely to find an unconverted one in a store. If you have the means, I suggest buying unconverted and the parts to convert and doing it yourself. When I have seen converted ones for sale, they are priced higher than they should be. Doing the conversion yourself really is not hard if that is what you are concerned about.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a converted Saiga 12 (Tapco trigger group and puck) for $880 USD in Anchorage, Alaska. No sales tax on goods up here but it cost more to ship items to us.

Oh, I bought the Russian shotgun on December10th, 2012. The dealer had four (4) Saiga 12s but after the December 14th shootings of the children they sold out in one day on Saturday.

Edited by sweetcostarica
My local Fleet Farm had a bunch in stock on the 23rd. All the AR-15s and AK rifles were gone, but still some Saiga 12s left. Not sure about how it looks now.

Did you catch the price on them?

I wouldn't mind knowing that either. I do have a question though, if anyone knows....would a place like this be able to sell you a gun over the phone, and send it to a local gun shop? I know that's what happens with online sales, but I'm not sure if a store would do the same thing.

My local Fleet Farm had a bunch in stock on the 23rd. All the AR-15s and AK rifles were gone, but still some Saiga 12s left. Not sure about how it looks now.

Did you catch the price on them?

I wouldn't mind knowing that either. I do have a question though, if anyone knows....would a place like this be able to sell you a gun over the phone, and send it to a local gun shop? I know that's what happens with online sales, but I'm not sure if a store would do the same thing.

I'd be interested as well. But the Fleet Farm site says 'in stores only'. Darn.

Edited by chewtoy