i just bought a new handgun, a Tanfoglio Witness .45 imported by EAA, i was wondering does anyone else own one of these, ive shot about 200 rounds of cheap Wolf FMJ thro it and have had no problems so far. seems like a exelent gun for the price ...$350 out the door new. but im considering use'n it for my concealed carry and was wondering on the integrity of the safteys. plus i just wanna know if anyone else owns one and i figured this part of the forum is pretty dead so id see if i could start something goin.

BTW i got the full size w/ the Wonder finish

I had one for a number of years. It was terrible. I could never fill the mag full or it would jam, if I looked at it funny it would jam. I had to soak it in gun oil at the range just so it would feed properly. I used a number of different magazines and even replaced all the spring in it.

I would defiantly NOT use one for CC.

hmmm, ive put about 300 rounds thro it now and i havent had a single jam or problem, maybe they have worked out the little bugs since you had one, slide is smooth and strong. i have found one problem tho when the hammer is at full cock and you slowly pull the trigger it will drop down sometimes not alot but just enough to throw your aim, but i have been told by my gunsmith friend that will go awat with some wear, if not hes going to see what he can do about it

I imagine most people believe like me that if you buy a gun for carry, the most important characteristic is reliability(followed by accuracy and capacity). If I were you I'd get something that has made a name for itself like a Sig, Glock, S&W, or even a Ruger (they are reasonably priced). I went for an HK USP Compact with HydraShocks. More $$$ than I normally spend but I trust it. :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest_pietro75

My partner has an EAA 9mm. and .45 TZ-75 . He is a cop and carries the .45 off duty on occasion. Both are fine shooting guns and He trusts his life w/ them. You got a nice piece! I like the way the slide is inside the lower.

My partner has an EAA 9mm. and .45 TZ-75 . He is a cop and carries the .45 off duty on occasion. Both are fine shooting guns and He trusts his life w/ them. You got a nice piece! I like the way the slide is inside the lower.

They ought to be good shooters. They are exact replicas of what is probably the finest SA/DA platform extant - the CZ-75. V-R's example may have had quality problems, as Tangfolio was known for this in the early years, but they have since gotten their QC together.

To get find a selfloader with a SA/DA action that comes close to the CZ, you have to pay a lot of money - and you still don't have a CZ.

front-medium.jpg

I carry a variety of handguns, depending on mood and weather.

Mostly I carry a Glock 30 in an Uncle Mike's "inside the pants" holster. If it's really hot, I'll carry my .44 Bulldog on my belt under my shirt. If I want to go lighter than the Glock, I'll swap out my MiniMax .45.

The Glock rules. I keep Hydra-shocks in it. :devil:

post-20-1078463781.jpg

Yeah, that's me shooting both. I'm too far there (25yrds) to do any damage. At a closer range, I can kill 2 and scare off the others :lolol: Really, its just for show and fun, not a real practical setup for self defense...but I'm still looking for a dual vertical shoulder holster! Hopefully find one at Knob Creek in Apr.

Last weekend I went to the range and shot a new gun a friend bought; I don't recommend it for carry...

post-20-1078978507.jpg

Chips:

The recoil is nice, you really feel like you are not just hitting the target with force, but desolating it! The chamber is remarkable, it has a bolt just like an AR-15! If the bullets weren't so expensive I might buy one. But $1000 for the gun and $1+ per round means I couldn't afford much fun!

Shotgun_lobotomy:

Good luck on the new revolver, I've seen em at my local gun shop, pretty big.

haha im getting ready to buy a .454casull :)

ive never used one of those, but i did make the mistake of not wearing ear plugs when i walked by a guy shooting one. i think that is by far the loudest gun i have ever heard

btw, which one are you planning on buying? those taurus raging bulls are nice

• 1 month later...

If it works for you that is great and I would keep on pumping the rounds through it JUST to make sure of its reliability. I would have to say that all the quirks are definately out by now but I would try a few different brands of brass through it FMJ and JHP.

As far as what kysoldier says IGNORE it because what you've got MIGHT be as good as his spendier plastic guns "glocks".

Im guessing that Woody has the exact problem nailed down with that Witness .45 having feeding problems. Some guns just dont like certain bullet nose shapes. I had a friend with a pistol (cant even remember what it was now) that would gobble up round nose FMJ all day, but you put in a flat nose FMJ or a HP round, and it just looked at you like it wasnt hungry anymore. If you do experience problems like feeding issues and such, try getting your feeding ramp polished and chromed. Thats usually 9/10ths of the problem anyway....but Im sure we all knew that anyways, right?

bvamp- ive tried all kinds of stuff in it, im a reloader so ive tried most kinds of bullets and brass, cept for those all lead slugs( dont like em) and ive never had any problems, the action has gotten so smooth that it just glides effortlessly, when i take it to the range everyone wants to shoot it cause its so comfortable to shoot.

as for kysoldier, like what he says matters :)

j/k hes one of the main reasons i come to this forum, he seems very gun-wise and i like his opinion of things( even if i disagree sometimes)

and i KNOW that the ammo i use for CCW is very dependable in my gun, thats what matters, plus it will destroy my objective :) Cor-Bon jhp 185gr +P, stuff IMO is the most evil ammo ive ever shot