Newbie Questions please help

Just bought Saiga .223 and am looking for mods. Live in CT so I have restrictions but would like any suggestions. Please include the best places to shop. Thank You

1) We need more info on what you want and what your restriction are (Including how much you want to spend)

Is it a stock Saiga with standard synthetic stock? Do you want to go tactical? Do you hunt with it?

2) As for vendors, Look at the vendors above. So far I have bought from 3 of them and they are really good, knowlegeable people that can help you with what you need.

Need input

I live in CT and have converted my .223. CT does not permit the sale of 7.62 X 39 Saigas so they would be illegal in CT. Any mod is legal on a .223 as long as it complies with 922r. I replaced the trigger group with American made parts (3), American made forearm, pistol grip and stock (3). That makes it legal for high capacity foreign mags. I have gone a bit further. I bought and fit a Magnolia State Armory AR-15 mag adapter and now have a total of 9 U.S. made parts when "locked and loaded".

This is a good GUIDE to 922r compliance.

Edited by pogy
I live in CT and have converted my .223. CT does not permit the sale of 7.62 X 39 Saigas so they would be illegal in CT. Any mod is legal on a .223 as long as it complies with 922r. I replaced the trigger group with American made parts (3), American made forearm, pistol grip and stock (3). That makes it legal for high capacity foreign mags. I have gone a bit further. I bought and fit a Magnolia State Armory AR-15 mag adapter and now have a total of 9 U.S. made parts when "locked and loaded".

This is a good GUIDE to 922r compliance.

It sounds like you're well on your way! How about a scope?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I have not checked in for a while. I figured that I would go with the most durable scope available. I bought a POSP 4X24. A higher power would have been nice but this one works.