I recently attended the Big Reno Show here in northern Nevada and it was the same situation. Lots of people snatching up cases of overpriced ammunition, rude and arrogant vendors, and lots of overpriced tacticool accessories. I don't know if I am going to attend anymore.

The internet is the biggest gun show around, and deals can be found. I don't think I'll ever attend another, it's just not worth my time and money.

Some dealers at gun shows these days think we are morons. A month ago in Springfield one dealer from Colorado was trying to sell a "battlefield pick-up" AK, with a rotted out hand guard that wasn't fastened to the rifle (it was swinging), a huge chunk taken out of the barrel, and a hole right above the magazine well, for over $900. He said that these were "rare" and that you couldn't find them, anywhere. He had a good-looking Tantal for $1100, a WASR-10 (also a "rare" rifle) for $1300, and a Bulgarian AK for $2300 (he claimed it was the only AK in the world capable of sub-MOA accuracy).

He also had a Sig 5.56 rifle for sale for $5800 dollars, claiming that only 50 had ever been imported and that a full-auto would cost well above $15,000 (this rifle was semi-auto).

To sum it up, if it seems overpriced, it is. A whole lot of dealers are taking advantage of people right now, many think were nothing more than sheeple. Don't buy it if they say it's "rare" and it's a Saiga or a WASR, especially if they're charging over $600.

• 1 year later...

Some dealers at gun shows these days think we are morons. A month ago in Springfield one dealer from Colorado was trying to sell a "battlefield pick-up" AK, with a rotted out hand guard that wasn't fastened to the rifle (it was swinging), a huge chunk taken out of the barrel, and a hole right above the magazine well, for over $900. He said that these were "rare" and that you couldn't find them, anywhere. He had a good-looking Tantal for $1100, a WASR-10 (also a "rare" rifle) for $1300, and a Bulgarian AK for $2300 (he claimed it was the only AK in the world capable of sub-MOA accuracy).

He also had a Sig 5.56 rifle for sale for $5800 dollars, claiming that only 50 had ever been imported and that a full-auto would cost well above $15,000 (this rifle was semi-auto).

To sum it up, if it seems overpriced, it is. A whole lot of dealers are taking advantage of people right now, many think were nothing more than sheeple. Don't buy it if they say it's "rare" and it's a Saiga or a WASR, especially if they're charging over $600.

well I never thought I'd say this, but yes the gun shows here in Pa. are starting to suck. The Jaeger Arms shows are small but actually the vendors are nicer people and not the estate sale cleanout trolls that flip guns. Those are the worst type. The Eagle Arms shows used to be the best, but recently those have become very overpriced, and the out of state vendors that come into Pa. are rude, arrogant bastards that you would not want to do business with. Prices are now over what you can get any gun for on the Gunbroker auction sites. Save your money and just buy online, you'll be happier in the end. No gas to burn in your car, no long trips to the show, no standing in line freezing your butt off waiting to get in at 9 AM on Saturday morning, no fighting for a parking space and walking 1/2 mile to the show. Where do these gun show vendors come from ? They are like a bunch of vultures. I never saw a bunch of guys so nasty and rude and pissed of at the world for no reason. Whatever happened to the customer is always right attitude ? These gun shows are downright abuse at this point, with these ridiculous prices. I'm an NRA member and always supported the gun shows, but after last weekend's experience with rude vendors, I could care less if the BATF shut the damn things down. That's just how bad they are now.

Welcome aboard Mr Milsurp,

Figured I'd give you a headsup before someone chimes in to rip you about dragging up an old thread ......... :rolleyes:

When looking through the list of threads, it helps to check the date listed on the far right just below the last posters screen name. You can see where this particular thread hasnt been active in almost 2 years (May 2009).

Also, if you do a search you'll probably find several more recent threads discussing gun show issues.

Cheers, HarvKY

Went to the Ft. Myers gun show today and saw some ridiculous prices. One nut had a rack full of bone-stock 16" barrelled Saiga 7.62's and .223's for $800 each. The worst pig-of-a-pricegouger had the same gun with the skeletonized stock for $1250 !!

There was one guy there with piles (literally) of ammo, selling 7.62 for $200 per 500 rounds (among other ammo's) who had a line 20 people deep and was selling case-after-case of ammo as fast as he could pile it. Not really complainng about that price though as that seems average these days.

Remember when a 1000 round case of Wolf was only $189 (or less).

I don't know about gunshows in other areas of the country but here in Ft. Myers, they prey on the stupid who don't know the real price of what they're buying. Our local gun shows are a rip-off, but a good place to go handle a bunch of guns, then go to your local store and order what you want at a normal price.

man thats fuken crazy im always excited for the gun shows over here at least when it comes to ammo 200 for 1000 even for 7.62 maybe a lil more now but last time i went there was a guy sellen 7.62 of something (was all sold out when i got ther) for even 3 bucks for 20 rnd box no way that guy was maken money but ive noticed that saigias are always overp priced for some reason but im sher u can talk them down i mean u can buy a brand new one for 375. dont matter wat they say u tell them that not much they can say to argue back

Edited by berma051
  • 2 weeks later...