G3 mag conversions

I've been itching to get some hi cap mags before things get out of control but it seems like $40 is a lot for one mag. How difficult would it be to modify a G3 mag to fit in the S308 without altering the rifle? Is there any write up about it or guide anywhere? I go the s308 as a shtf rifle so i really wanna get some inexpensive hicaps in her...any help would be much appreciated...

-chuwii

Thanks for all the advice. Also I did search the site and google but I never knew you could use a special search function to search only this site with google. I used the site search and had difficulty because it wont accept search terms with only 2 characters. Once again, thanks to everyone. I might try and play with a G3, a buddy of mine has some that I can experiment with. Thanks again guys.

You have to majorly chop the mag or majorly modify the gun. If you're going to modify a gun, you had better know how to do it safely and in a manner that doesn't mess up reliability.

When it wasn't legal to majorly mod a hi cap mag, I converted my rifle for a mildly (legally) modified mag. It worked but had tradeoffs. Ultimately I think there are better tradeoffs to be achieved.

At some point it becomes easier to design and build a new rifle.