Of course...I'm new here, but I just might be from a little ol' "Burg" in Southern Indiana. I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count....LOL :P

Welcome, but sorry, I don't get it :unsure:

Ummmm..........Scottsburg maybe, as in RAAC?

Give this guy a cookie! You got it! As a matter of fact I run the only gunshop in Scottsburg, and know the guys at RAA quite well. They don't sell direct to me as they only sell to distrubutors. That kinda sucks since they are so close. I have to get most of my Saigas from a distributor in Texas when RAA is just a couple miles away. Someone mentioned those guys in Boonville......I've met them. I don't quite understand their thought process. If it wasn't for the Saiga 12 they would not have a basis for their existance, but they bad mouth the guys at RAA. It doesn't make any sense. To put it mildly....The guys at RAA have come to me on two occasions for help with warranty repairs. Both times it was due to faulty ammuntion(case/head separation), and not workmanship. If the owners of those rifles knew how to use a broken case extractor there would not have been an issue. I cannot say enough about the Saiga line-up of firearms. I've sold a bunch of them, and I own a few of them also. I guess one other good thing about RAA is that they have put Scottsburg on the map....LOL

Jeff

Ahhhhh....broken case extractors. Knew I'd missed something. Where can I get 'em? Any tricks to using them?

Welcome aboard, gunluster. I guessed RAA-town. Even though I'm a native NYer, I miss Indiana. Lived for 11 years in Marion, up near Fort Wayne. Not a pretty state....at least that area wasn't, but much more sane than NY. Moved back here in 2002 for family reasons and, with the way things are going, I'd feel alot better back in IN. My kind of folks.

Bob

Clyde has mentioned you once or twice in the many discussions I have had with him over the years. He said you were an upstanding knowledgeable guy, actually, and I have no reason to doubt him. Its good to see you found your way over here.

Do let us know if we can be of service to you. Mr Cole picks up shipments himself from RAAC, so do let us know if you need anything. I still have some dealer 4 packs for sale, as well, located in Ohio.

Welcome aboard!

-Ben V.

Welcome friend!

As your familiar with the Saiga firearm, what's your opinion of the accuracy? Any idea's on tuning for better accuracy? What caliber's do you own? I'm interested in ringing good performance out of the 21.5" .223 Saiga.

Thanks,

Frosty

Clyde has mentioned you once or twice in the many discussions I have had with him over the years. He said you were an upstanding knowledgeable guy, actually, and I have no reason to doubt him. Its good to see you found your way over here.

Do let us know if we can be of service to you. Mr Cole picks up shipments himself from RAAC, so do let us know if you need anything. I still have some dealer 4 packs for sale, as well, located in Ohio.

Welcome aboard!

-Ben V.

Clyde and his brother are good people, and good customers of mine. I actually have a good number of Saiga's in stock right now although I did just sell my last Saiga 12 today. Until recently we have sold more Saiga rifles than shotguns, but that has changed drastically. The advent of the drum magazines for the Saiga 12 have tripled their sales here.

Ahhhhh....broken case extractors. Knew I'd missed something. Where can I get 'em? Any tricks to using them?

Welcome aboard, gunluster. I guessed RAA-town. Even though I'm a native NYer, I miss Indiana. Lived for 11 years in Marion, up near Fort Wayne. Not a pretty state....at least that area wasn't, but much more sane than NY. Moved back here in 2002 for family reasons and, with the way things are going, I'd feel alot better back in IN. My kind of folks.

Bob

The land lays a lot different here in Southern Indiana than it does in the Northern part of the state. The scenery is more rolling, and we have hills and trees. The Northern part of the state is too flat for me.

Welcome aboard!

-Ben V.

Clyde and his brother are good people, and good customers of mine. I actually have a good number of Saiga's in stock right now although I did just sell my last Saiga 12 today. Until recently we have sold more Saiga rifles than shotguns, but that has changed drastically. The advent of the drum magazines for the Saiga 12 have tripled their sales here.

Well thats good, because thats all I have in stock right now! The last batches of rifles went the day we got them.

Welcome friend!

As your familiar with the Saiga firearm, what's your opinion of the accuracy? Any idea's on tuning for better accuracy? What caliber's do you own? I'm interested in ringing good performance out of the 21.5" .223 Saiga.

Thanks,

Frosty

The Saiga line of rifles and shotguns are most likely the best firearms out there for the money. Look at the price of a Ruger Mini-14 compared to a Saiga 223. No one here can convence me that the Mini-14 is worth what they are selling for these days. High cap mags for the Ruger don't work well, and the rifles aren't that accurate either. Saiga rifles and shotguns are incredibly reliable. The chrome lined bores of the Saiga are a big plus, and makes them a snap to clean. Accuracy of the Saiga series of rifles has been far better than what people expect from the AK type platform. I have had a few(7.62x39 and .223) that shoot 2-3 inches at 100 yards with optics. This has also been with Wolf and/or Barnul ammo. It can get better with domestic ammo. I have a Saiga 308 with a 16.3" barrel. It has only had 50 rounds put through it. Most of that was testing the Surefire 20 and 25 round mags for functionablity. I have yet to have time to shoot it for accuracy. I have had several Saigas over the years. One thing I have had to realize when it comes to the AK platform and accuracy is that the entire rifle flexes when it is fired. The weight of the gas piston, bolt carrier, and bolt make the action flex during the recoil process. There is no way around this. Unfortunately, accuracy is affected by this too. There are very accurate AK type rifles out there, but most of them are what I call "AK Hybrids". Rifles like the Sig 552, the Valmet, and the Galil fall into this catagory. I have a Romanian PSL(their version of the Dragonov). It is just an AK action on steroids. A Saiga 308 with the 20.8" barrel that I put together for a friend absolutely outshot my PSL. To be fair he was using Lake City match to my Sellier and Bellot brass cased 7.62x54, but he flat put it on me! I centered and leveled a Belarus low scope mount, and mounted a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 with millet rings. A few patches with a small amount of J-B bore compound were run through the barrel during the break in period. This combo continues to be accurate to this day.

Hope this answered some of your questions. B)

Cheers and Bravo! Your info is very helpful.

You say the AKM style of receiver flexes to much for great accuracy. I understand. What about the machined receiver style AK?

Thanks,

Cheers and Bravo! Your info is very helpful.

You say the AKM style of receiver flexes to much for great accuracy. I understand. What about the machined receiver style AK?

Thanks,

The barrel and gas tube will still flex regardless of the receiver material. If you look around on the internet there are some great slow motion films of the AK firing. It is incredible how much the rifle flexes.

I've seen them and it is crazy the flex. I wonder if the AK in .223 flexes this much? Also, have you ever seen a slow mo of a AR15/16 firing? I've seen a video on youtube that compares the AR to AK and they show the barrel jump or flex as well.