Ya those are pretty neat. You may find this interesting.

Last April 9th, at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah, two soldiers were driving a rented SUV about five kilometers from the part of the range used for live firing. It was at night, and an F-16 that thought it was firing at something in the live fire area, lit up the SUV instead. Only 70 20mm rounds were fired. Fortunately, the two people in the SUV were only injured (both from flying glass, the passenger got a dislocated shoulder as he rapidly exited the vehicle when it quickly turned off the road and stopped.) The investigation of how this happen has not been completed.

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photo...8060614332.aspx

Edited by yesno
Just remember it is a DD but it is very cool but for the cost of gun, ammo,and to find a place to shoot it, my not be the best buy for most.

No doubt. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't have a place to shoot it. The truck bed mount for it does kinda still make me want it.

Now this is really strange, Dugway is next to the Utah Test and Training Range where the F-16's live fire.......I used to clear the ranges there.......and someone is really about 40 miles off to make that mistake.......................But , I did help drag a 500 lb Mk 82 training bomb in from within 100 yds of the Interstate Hwy running thru there.........between the range and the proving grounds....... :smoke:

Ya those are pretty neat. You may find this interesting.

Last April 9th, at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah, two soldiers were driving a rented SUV about five kilometers from the part of the range used for live firing. It was at night, and an F-16 that thought it was firing at something in the live fire area, lit up the SUV instead. Only 70 20mm rounds were fired. Fortunately, the two people in the SUV were only injured (both from flying glass, the passenger got a dislocated shoulder as he rapidly exited the vehicle when it quickly turned off the road and stopped.) The investigation of how this happen has not been completed.

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photo...8060614332.aspx