Microbursts can be very violent. I was hit by one while out in the woods of North Georgia one time, I thought for sure that it was a F3 Tornado, which I have seen up close and personal. Once you got out of the roughly 1/2 mile area of activity, there was no sign that there had been a storm.

Ben is right, I would wet down the ground, and pull that tree back up right, at once. It could save the tree and would be cheaper then cutting it up to haul it off.

Microbursts can be very violent. I was hit by one while out in the woods of North Georgia one time, I thought for sure that it was a F3 Tornado, which I have seen up close and personal. Once you got out of the roughly 1/2 mile area of activity, there was no sign that there had been a storm.

Ben is right, I would wet down the ground, and pull that tree back up right, at once. It could save the tree and would be cheaper then cutting it up to haul it off.

how whould it be cheaper to pick that big tree up rather than cut it apart. that root ball alone is probably a ton not including the weight of the tree he would need to rent a fairely large crane to pick that up, not to mention that now that there is root damage it could fall more easily in that direction during a storm and would probably not be covered by insurance then.

Think we caught the edge of a microburst once. Had a 10 foot trampoline in my back yard. Nothing but desert behind the yard. Something happened durring a storm, and the trampoline was lifted 20 feet in the air, hit the eaves of the house, and went over the 10 foot high block wall, bounced and rolled down the yard, and was wrapped around a sign post across the street. Nothing left but twisted metal.

Edited by Mike the Wolf

Those trees all belong to the city, they're cutting them off the houses and hauling them. Then thye can fix all the busted water, sewer, electric lines, and the sidewalks and driveways. Much work to do.

how whould it be cheaper to pick that big tree up rather than cut it apart. that root ball alone is probably a ton not including the weight of the tree he would need to rent a fairely large crane to pick that up, not to mention that now that there is root damage it could fall more easily in that direction during a storm and would probably not be covered by insurance then.

You don't have to "pick it up" to pull it back upright. A tow truck would do it, and a few large shores to hold it in place to see if the roots will take. I have moved items a lot heaver then that. But if it is a city tree, I guess it is history.

You don't have to "pick it up" to pull it back upright. A tow truck would do it, and a few large shores to hold it in place to see if the roots will take. I have moved items a lot heaver then that. But if it is a city tree, I guess it is history.

The city is trying to deal with this shit on a mass scale, many people out of power for days! The trees grow between the curb and sidewalk so the roots spread out long-ways. They can fall one of two directions, into the houses or into the street, there is no room for any type of shoring if they pulled them back up. Doesn't make any sense to pull them back up, we typially have this sort of damage from huricanes and troical storms, so if the city did that, then they would be liable for the damages WHEN they go over AGAIN. It's a shame because they are old growth oaks and pecan trees, they add so much character to this old beighborhood, but alot of them have massive holes in them which all sorts of animals, including rats, live in, not a good thing in the city. I'm not sure whether or not these trees have TAP roots, if they do, then they are all busted off flat with the base. We did loose one tree this time from the side of the house, it split in half on the the road side and blocked the street, the other half was left standing but had massive hole in it, so they cut it down today. I was really glad to see that one go, I've pleaded with them for 8 years to take it, it was dangerous. Theyre pretty good about coming back and planting new trees when this shit happens, and they put quality trees in.