Strangely enough it's Chinese made but it holds zero and it works as advertised if you don't mind the height and placment it will work out fine for you.

Can't criticize something that actually works regardless of what you paid for it :D

Hi guys i paid 65$ @ at gun show for this side mount seen them on line for 40$ but i had to have it NOW.O well i hate that.

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

I have a similar unit but secured with three (3) lock screws. My problem is it is WAY OFF TO THE RIGHT of centerline of the barrel and fixed iron sights? How does yours line up???

Mine lines up fine but shoots low even with the scope jacked all the way up.any help here.

*** if this comes through twice... having internet problems this morning***

Only thing I've heard of is to shim the front mount.

Sticky back tape inside the lower ring should give enough height to correct to 200-300 yds.

Might have to play with single or double tape, or use the two-sided and only remove the backing for the

side that attaches to the mount???

Looks like Cxxx, but works.... I've been told... :unsure:

Yes, it looks like crap but works well. Little bit regret I didnt get the original mount from kalinka at the first place. After some modification it now weights much less, looks a bit better and still fits and holds zero well

IMG_0898.jpg

Edited by BKLYN_C
I got rid of the scope that was shooting up to high an got this thing tryen to get info on it now Thanks.

IMG_1040.jpg

Is that one a UTG/Leapers side mount your using?

If so, How is the alignment on your centerline for the scope?

I'm having an issue with one I purchased 6 months ago and just now getting around to using.

It's off to the right by 1/2" of center line. :cryss:

got the same one but with the 3 screws on the bottom to secure it. It was off to the right, so i cut 4 thin strips from a soda can and inserted them between the mount and where it hooks onto the rifle. Those strips were used as shims and now the mount is pretty center.

I'm still not happy so thinking about getting the Beryl style mount. Hopefully that doesn't require any tweaking/shimming

Edited by soulless
  • 2 months later...

I'm still wondering, does this scope mount allow the use of the factory iron sights? in the picture, it looks like maybe you would have clearance to see thru the iron sights at the lowest setting of the sight ramp. I'd like to know, because when deer hunting, I have found I need the iron sights visible via a "see thru" type arrangement on about half my shots.

I'm still wondering, does this scope mount allow the use of the factory iron sights? in the picture, it looks like maybe you would have clearance to see thru the iron sights at the lowest setting of the sight ramp. I'd like to know, because when deer hunting, I have found I need the iron sights visible via a "see thru" type arrangement on about half my shots.

I don't have the mount yet, but I had asked the same question before and was told it is to low to see the iron sights. So I am planning on getting the quick detach one, in case I have a problem with the scope and want to go back to the irons.

I had the same problem of the mount not being in line with the barrel. Went to a scout setup and never looked back.

Are all the side mounts slightly misaligned? I'd prefer a quick detach side mount that allowed me still to use irons if necessary. The scout set-up is the one that removes the irons, yes?

I don't have the mount yet, but I had asked the same question before and was told it is to low to see the iron sights. So I am planning on getting the quick detach one, in case I have a problem with the scope and want to go back to the irons.

whoa!!! when hunting, if you need the iron sights, you won't have time to take off the whole mount fer chrissakes! maybe just saw off the top rail, and use the side rail. who cares about being directly over the bore---I'm talking minute-of-deer here. the over-the-bore crowd is worried about the 500 yard shots in case they can't keep their paralax vertical......frankly, being vertically alligned is the least of the issues when you're shooting for real, not just punching paper. besides any good paper puncher knows how to use kentucky windage, after all there's wind, and mirage, and no gun is ever precisely dialed in anyway. I just want a scope mount that lets me use the iron sights on a moments notice for close up or running shots. Anybody who seriously hunts deer knows that half the shots are too quick to find in the scope. I speak from long experience on that one.

I had the same problem of the mount not being in line with the barrel. Went to a scout setup and never looked back.

Are all the side mounts slightly misaligned? I'd prefer a quick detach side mount that allowed me still to use irons if necessary. The scout set-up is the one that removes the irons, yes?

My scout has iron sights built in so if i remove the scope i have the iron. Fairly well built unit a review of them is HERE .

These rings will cure the problem of not enough scope adjustment.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-riflesc...ture-rings.html

I needed them on an SKS and a Saiga. I actually had to use the maximum offset front and rear to correct the Saiga elevation problem. It may appear complicated but is much cleaner and easier than screwing around with shims. YMMV.

vorpal

back to my orignial question-does this scope mount allow the use of the iron sights?

No.

BTW, it appears the three screw "gen 3" version does not center overbore...

However, the quick detach "gen 5" does center.

Lastly, compact scopes don't usually mount well on these -they mount too forward for good use.

The UTG mounts usually can be found inexpensively.

Edited by lollygagger
I got rid of the scope that was shooting up to high an got this thing tryen to get info on it now Thanks.

IMG_1040.jpg

Is that one a UTG/Leapers side mount your using?

If so, How is the alignment on your centerline for the scope?

I'm having an issue with one I purchased 6 months ago and just now getting around to using.

It's off to the right by 1/2" of center line. :cryss:

I just purchased mine for $40.00 and after I mounted it I notice that it was approx. 1/8 off to the left of center at the front of the mount, I havent mounted a scope yet, saving up for it, however its a little discouraging in the "expected accuracy" mindset that I have or at least had.

I just purchased a UTG 978 quick detachable mount and have test fired it with a Barska 4X28 electro sight scope and have noticed that it is shooting low with out any adjustments. I will be fooling around with it this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. As for the mount I do like it and it fits well.

post-19298-1249672858_thumb.jpg

post-19298-1249672871_thumb.jpg