Do they make a Flame Thrower As they do with the 37mm Launcher?

Hi Everyone

I wonder if it would be legal for any legit company to make a Detachable flame thrower as they do with spikes 37mm flare launchers..I ask this question because i just saw the movie Aliens....And thinking that it would be a great addition to my zombie killing splatter gun lol.. Your thoughts and comments are welcome..

I don't think flame throwers are even regulated by the ATF. Shouldn't matter what size it is. As far as I know its perfectly legal to own one without any paperwork what so ever.

I've always wanted to play with something like that, but theres just something unnerving about carrying around a small tank of highly compressed napalm with its own ignition system. :unsure:

ETA: I love that flamethrower-kid's sense of humor. I mean come on: "Like any red-blooded, masculine man of the male gender, I love PVC weaponry. You should too. If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn't appeal to you, you're a goddamn pansy. Also, you're probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will. Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine."

Edited by DistalRadius
I don't think flame throwers are even regulated by the ATF. Shouldn't matter what size it is. As far as I know its perfectly legal to own one without any paperwork what so ever.

I think your right... and this is getting more and more interesting to me by the post...

Carney firebreathers use lantern oil becaws it is less likly to burn your lips than alcohol, maybe it would be a good alternative?

God i have access to so much pipe its retarded... maybe it would be more safe if you stuck on some flame arresters from a oxy acetaline setup...

Edited by Nailbomb
Is my tin foil on too tight or are you guys just trying to find yet another way for the gungrabbers to try and latch onto our favorite shotguns?

:unsure:

Naw man, this is just preparing for the ultimate saiga accesory bonfire! You can chop down some trees with your chainsaw bayonette, someone can light the fire with a underslung flame thrower, and I'll roast some marshmallows on a pokypine.

Admit it, you throw in a beer or two and thats a good time!

I am sure Cobra's chainsaw bayonet was very tongue in cheek and more for shits-n-giggles than anything else.

I do hope nobody is really ignorant enough to try something like this!

If i ever do it i'm going to start the thread with that quote.

I'm seriously going through my state laws right now...

Edited by Nailbomb

It all starts with, "Here hold my beer and watch this!". Is that human flesh I smell burning? If you're dumb enough to do this, I am not going to share any more of Bob Ash fabulous old links. These posts are for educational purposes only and your fellow members assume no liability for your ignorance or misuse of said info. Now go have fun educating yourselves. :)

anonymous

Edited by 1911

Just a couple of pointers to anyone dumb enough to actually try to build one.

DON'T USE AIR to compress the fuel, it can ignite and blow up. Maybe CO2 or Nitrogen.

Use all steel and over rated fittings and hoses need to be rated for the pressure and the fuel type.

A pressure washer wand with a round jet tip seems like a good idea. Probably would work ok.

Use a propane torch to ignite the fuel, keep the propane tank away from the heat.

And post a video even if it blows up and burns you to death.

When in doubt kill it with fire.

Edited by csspecs
I don't think flame throwers are even regulated by the ATF.

Correct, they are not firearms by definition and therefore not subject to the NFA.

Ha, that almost sounds like some wacky George Carlin saying or something. "A flame thrower is not a FIRE arm". Maybe we should call flame throwers fire arms and guns bullet arms! lol.