What is your backup to the S12?

WHOA!!! :eek:

You guys have GUNS in your houses?!?!? NO SHIT!!!!! :unsure:

After I lost all mine, I have never replaced them... I live in a GUN FREE ZONE now!!!

So of course, after posting the gun free zone signs... I do not have to worry about crime or needing a firearm... after all... its clearly posted as a "GUN FREE ZONE" !!!

I am as safe and secure as a bug in a rug... totally GUN FREE! :up:

:smoke:

^ :lolol::D:lolol:

I'm sure those "gun free zone" signs will work for ya about as well as they did for the students at VA Tech. Moronic liberals and their absolutely asinine "gun control" laws and policies helped get those kids killed.

I'm not trying to be offensive, and I'm sorry if anyone here has family who died in that completely avoidable tragedy. I'm just making a point.

On a sidenote it really is a shame what happened to all your firearms, Indy. I'm thinking about taking my rifles and pistols out for a nice day on the lake soon. I'm sure nothing like your experience will occur. ;)

Very Good Point. That Bullshit that happened in Mumbai could never ever possibly happen here in Manila because too many of us are legally registered carrying gun owners. Those terrorists would have gotten wasted by our off duty cops or soldiers. Furthermore, if the terrorists came in guns a-blazing into any one of our 5 star hotels; the bodyguards of our politicians and big time businessmen waiting in the lobby would waste those guys on the spot faster than you could put yer hand in your pocket....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant remember if I posted in this thread or not, but It'd be M&P .45acp, or Saiga x39.

On a side note: Raiderfan, I have visited your very website (small world lol) looking for molosser type dogs. That is one georgeous bulldog. Are those a type of American Bulldog (you know, the dog a lot of un-edu-ma-cated people call a "king pit"), or is it a different breed all together?

ETA: Googled it & learned.

Edited by AlphaDogo

Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 {my friend made me some 400 grain hollowpoints} and Beretta PX4 9mm{golden saber} with 3 17 rd mags sits in my nightstand. My house is small just under 1200 sq ft. I spent a crazy amount on renovations and do not want to shoot my quartz countertops. If they're unarmed I will reassemble their joints with my 10+ year knowledge of Sombo, BJJ and Muay Thai. I'm pretty efficient in stick and knife fighting too. My pitbull mutt is my early warning system, she's small but is a hell of a watch dog and very protective. Boston terrier is trained in ninja magic and knows the dim mak!

p_00100.jpg

p_00093.jpg

Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 {my friend made me some 400 grain hollowpoints} and Beretta PX4 9mm{golden saber} with 3 17 rd mags sits in my nightstand. My house is small just under 1200 sq ft. I spent a crazy amount on renovations and do not want to shoot my quartz countertops. If they're unarmed I will reassemble their joints with my 10+ year knowledge of Sombo, BJJ and Muay Thai. I'm pretty efficient in stick and knife fighting too. My pitbull mutt is my early warning system, she's small but is a hell of a watch dog and very protective. Boston terrier is trained in ninja magic and knows the dim mak!

p_00100.jpg

p_00093.jpg

Ninja Magic you say!?! ............ I would like to put a deposit on a pup from the next litter lol.

I have 2 S-12's one converted one not, a remington express 870, a saiga 7.62, an SKS that takes Ak mags, a .45 1911, stub nose 38, and a beretta 9mm the hard part is choosing which one, i also have a 12 gauge shotgun (like a double barrel that is a single barrel) that my dad gave me i never even use it

Backup?

Which room?

Office, .380 Bersa with +P hollowpoints and AMD-65 (Hungarian Shorty AK) in 7.62 X 39

Bedroom, Chinese AK-47 underfolder.

Living room, M-11/9mm and Yugo Krinkov M-92 pistol in 7.62

Kitchen, Tec-9

Bathrooms, NAA Minis,

Sunroom, Romanian AK-47

'Roving' Taurus PT-92 AF and Beretta Model 21

Wife likes the Saiga-12 though, point and pull.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd already posted in this thread but I had to come back to touch on something....

There are very few weapons out there that come close to the fun factor of the S-12. They are as unique and versitle a weapon as they come. There is little doubt over it's ability as a Home Defense weapon. But I think I have found a backup assuming the S-12 is my primary H-D weapon.

The Taurus Judge, 3" magnum.

This particular model will shoot any .410 ammo made and with the magnum loads, it makes a fine self/home defense weapon. It has a uniqueness that rivals the S-12 but makes a great companion because it won't replace the S-12 but it will compliment it.

There is a lot on online debate :rolleyes: on whether or not it is a valid defense weapon. It comes as no surprise to me that none of the critics are willing to stand downstream of the judge, even with birdshot, to validate their claims.

It seems that penetration is the biggest topic of debate, but here is my opinion on that:

Even birdshot will leave you a bloody mess with one shot. If you are dealing with a crazed, drug-driven bad guy, a face shot will surely do the deed quite effectively. Even if pain is not a factor, a blind bad guy is not as dangerous.

I personally do not want to kill an invader as much as disable them. I don't have too much faith in our court systems and don't want to chance being convicted for M-1 over a home invasion. Just food for thought.

I highly recommend the Judge magnum for any S-12 owner if for nothing else than the novelty of it. You will know what I mean when you hold one in your hand. :smoke:

I consider my S-12 to be a little too bulky and cumbersome for my particular home environment. Plus, I am not yet comfortable with it as a weapon. I only had a chance to take it out shooting three times thus far. I had it for a month and a half now, but for the past month, I've been waiting for the Duracoat job to "cure". Gonna take it out and re-break it in this weekend. Really looking forward to it. :)

My current primary HD weapon is a Springfield XMD .40 with 16 rounds of Federal premium personal defense ammo. That thing is like an extension of my body. I feel completely comfortable with it and am a damn good shot. My muscle memory with polymer framed .40 cal pistols is top notch at this point. If I have to fight my way to that XDM, I will use my Pistolet Makarova. Not much stopping power, but once again, I am extremely comfortable with it.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
I consider my S-12 to be a little too bulky and cumbersome for my particular home environment. Plus, I am not yet comfortable with it as a weapon. I only had a chance to take it out shooting three times thus far. I had it for a month and a half now, but for the past month, I've been waiting for the Duracoat job to "cure". Gonna take it out and re-break it in this weekend. Really looking forward to it. :)

My current primary HD weapon is a Springfield XMD .40 with 16 rounds of Federal premium personal defense ammo. That thing is like an extension of my body. I feel completely comfortable with it and am a damn good shot. My muscle memory with polymer framed .40 cal pistols is top notch at this point. If I have to fight my way to that XDM, I will use my Pistolet Makarova. Not much stopping power, but once again, I am extremely comfortable with it.

Makarovs are still one of my favorites. Sure, not much stopping power, but they are light on recoil and I can put rounds into a target much faster than I can with a .40 or .45

I haven't praticed Combat Sombo{SAMBO} in about 8 years. I started training late 1998, my first instructer was Dave Womack{Judo, Combat Sombo, & BJJ black belt}, in Virginia. Until I started training BJJ with Roberto "Maguilla" Marques. I mainly do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu{Yamasaki these days} and have supplemented other styles over the years including Boxing, Wing Chun, JKD and Muay Thai. I've played around with different Phillipino based weapons systems but just for fun. It was my first Martial Art if you don't count TKD as a kid. It can be spelled either way. Including Cambo. Thanks for calling me out on how I spelled it. That's how my coach spelled it, and how Lloyd Irvin his coach spells it also.

I would still train in it if it where available closer to home. My original instructer is still around but it's about a 30 min drive to his school vs. a 10 minute drive to where I train now{when I can}. 10 years you rack up a lot of injuries and at 31 I feel much older than I should. I had a scare 2 years ago and almost broke my neck, luckily since I have trained so long my neck is strong and I only received a bad sprain. No hard feelings Raidersfan just providing more info on why I spell it that way.

Lots and lots of Glocks, Berettas, Smiths, Rugers, AKs, ARs...

But mostly the Glock 20. The 10mm is the round the .41 mag was supposed the be, the .40 wishes it were, and the .45 can't be pumped up enough to approach. Recoil? Whatever. It is the only practical semi-auto round that truly outclasses the rest. Thank God for DoubleTap ammo.

OK, I'll play. Assuming all of my S12s are "in the shop" lets go with the Robinson XCR in 7.62x39. I'd like to put a few more rounds through it before I would consider it a "go to" gun though.

With all this talk about home invasions by large groups of BGs I have to admit I've been considering the cases where I might employ my Beowulf .50 against a tight group of home invaders coming through a single entry point. I would only have 7+1 rounds to work with but the Beo .50 is a "one per customer" round. Where I live I have no concerns about overpenetration or stray rounds which brings up another advantage of the Beo .50 in that situation. If I decide not to wait until they actually bust the door down then nothing between me and them is going to offer them much protection.

Possibly when I get the Saiga 7.62 in a few days I'll consider that my "second best" besides the S12.

Edited by DogMan
...Even birdshot will leave you a bloody mess with one shot. If you are dealing with a crazed, drug-driven bad guy, a face shot will surely do the deed quite effectively. Even if pain is not a factor, a blind bad guy is not as dangerous.

I personally do not want to kill an invader as much as disable them. I don't have too much faith in our court systems and don't want to chance being convicted for M-1 over a home invasion. Just food for thought...

I think this is a big mistake.

Don't shoot unless you fear for your life, but when you do shoot, shoot to kill. If something's worth shooting once, shoot it a few more times... and use some real ammo. The last thing I'd ever want is years of prison or ruined finances on account of some paralyzed scumbag criminal with a sleazeball lawyer who successfully convince a jury that I'd maimed him. Dead men tell no tales, and you have to admit your court case is likely to be a lot more straightforward when there's only one side to the story.

Another thing I wouldn't wanna be is one of those morons using birdshot for HD who then gets killed by a wounded bad guy who was left for dead but then pulls out a gun.

Edited by slyguy
...Even birdshot will leave you a bloody mess with one shot. If you are dealing with a crazed, drug-driven bad guy, a face shot will surely do the deed quite effectively. Even if pain is not a factor, a blind bad guy is not as dangerous.

I personally do not want to kill an invader as much as disable them. I don't have too much faith in our court systems and don't want to chance being convicted for M-1 over a home invasion. Just food for thought...

Don't shoot unless you fear for your life, but when you do shoot, shoot to kill. If something's worth shooting once, shoot it a few more times... and use some real ammo. The last thing I'd ever want is years of prison or ruined finances on account of some paralyzed scumbag criminal with a sleazeball lawyer who successfully convince a jury that I'd maimed him. Dead men tell no tales, and you have to admit your court case is likely to be a lot more straightforward when there's only one side to the story.

Another thing I wouldn't wanna be is one of those morons using birdshot for HD who then gets killed by a wounded bad guy who was left for dead but then pulls out a gun.

+1

I'm using a slug on the top because it does not get deformed like shotshells do. I do not keep a round chambered for fear that SOMETHING might happen causing a random discharge. Call me paranoid.

But I have a high velocity 7/8 oz slug followed by 4 rounds of 00 Buck. I also have my MAC10 and my AK at my disposal. If anything less than NATO comes in my door, it is going to be a simple court case for me as I'll be the only surviving witness.

Point well taken. You hit on some items I hadn't considered. I just added 3" 000 Buck to the ammo supply for the Judge. That should bring it closer to it's intended purpose. 5rds of 000 Buck should leave a mark. :super: