I'm new to forum and also new to the 922r rule. Well, anyway I just got my hands on a 7.62x39 with a skeleton stock, NcSTAR scope and 150 rounds from a buddy of mine for $250 . The gun is clean and I was there when he purchased it. The thing is I really want to hook this gun up so I purchased a 30 rd. Surefire mag, UTG Fore grip, UTG Quad Rail, and Tapco M4 collapsable stock. I want to know if the gun is compliant with all this gear as I have the surefire mag (3 us parts) and the Tapco stock( 1 part). I'm a Florida resident and the laws aren't that strict here but I wan't to take this baby to the range, but also don't want no trouble. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to forum and also new to the 922r rule. Well, anyway I just got my hands on a 7.62x39 with a skeleton stock, NcSTAR scope and 150 rounds from a buddy of mine for $250 . The gun is clean and I was there when he purchased it. The thing is I really want to hook this gun up so I purchased a 30 rd. Surefire mag, UTG Fore grip, UTG Quad Rail, and Tapco M4 collapsable stock. I want to know if the gun is compliant with all this gear as I have the surefire mag (3 us parts) and the Tapco stock( 1 part). I'm a Florida resident and the laws aren't that strict here but I wan't to take this baby to the range, but also don't want no trouble. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Your UTG parts are not made in the USA, so they do not count as 922r compliant parts. A Surefire tri-rail forearm is American made and will help you with your parts count. I'm not totally sure, but I think the combination of the Tapco T6 stock, a Surefire magazine, and the Surefire Tri-rail forearm will get you legal. A total conversion with a Tapco G2 fire control group, a Tromix(or other) triggerguard, an American made pistol grip, and separate buttstock would get you there for sure.

Your UTG parts are not made in the USA, so they do not count as 922r compliant parts. A Surefire tri-rail forearm is American made and will help you with your parts count. I'm not totally sure, but I think the combination of the Tapco T6 stock, a Surefire magazine, and the Surefire Tri-rail forearm will get you legal. A total conversion with a Tapco G2 fire control group, a Tromix(or other) triggerguard, an American made pistol grip, and separate buttstock would get you there for sure.

I already purchased the UTG quad rail, so I have no use for the SF tri-rail

I already purchased the UTG quad rail, so I have no use for the SF tri-rail

I guess you had better get an American made gas piston then............

Im also in the orlando area...any one know where I can get my Saiga converted?

if you're handy with an electric drill, a dremel, and basic hand tools, you can do it yourself if you research and check out a few tutorials. i never owned or worked on an ak until i bought my saiga s20

search for tutorials on this site, and

. after i looked into it, i was confident, and the end result is just fine. when you swap out the fire control group, that counts as 3 american parts. and magazines counts as 3 parts).

for a shotgun with a threaded barrel, a us-made fire control group (3parts) and buttstock (1part) will keep you at 10 total imported parts. just remember if you add any counted parts that didn't come with the gun (such as a pistol grip) make sure you buy us-made

...ok, i just pulled up the part list that i used...not owning a saiga 7.62, i think it has 14 parts, unless you have a barrel extension

(parts on a factory config saiga are in bold)

(1) Receiver

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks, trunnion (rifles only)

(5) Muzzle attachments (shotguns w/ threaded barrels only)

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Buttstock

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, handguards

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

looks like, if you swap out 4 russian parts for 4 american parts and don't add any imported parts that weren't originally there (such as a pistol grip), you'll be good even if you want to shoot with russian magazines.

if you have no intention of ever shooting imported magazines, you'll be cool with just a us-made magazine(3parts) and 1 other part, but i'm sure you're moving the trigger to the right spot, of course, so buy a us-made FCG(3parts) and you'll be super cool

mix and match how you want, just make sure you don't have more than 10 imported "parts"

if you don't want to bother with converting it yourself for cheap, i'd go with a "high dollar/quality" conversion like tromix. i wouldn't go with some local guy that says he can convert it unless you've shot at least 3 different guns he has done himself.

cheers!

Edited by Modiano