WELCOME, NEW USERS READ THIS FIRST!

A list of the most common acronyms for saiga parts would be helpful for some of us noobies ;) If it's there and I missed it I apologize =)

There aren't many. Mostly just..

BHO - bolt hold open

LRBHO - last round bolt hold open

FCG - fire control group / trigger group

FSB - front sight block

PG - pistol grip

Maybe one or two I overlooked. Haven't slept all night.

also

GB-gas block

• 3 months later...

Just joined,,,,Purchased my 1st Saiga 12 from Gunbroker,,It ships Monday..so pretty excited,Sure am trying to soak up all that this Forum offers. Am speaking with another Dealer/seller on doing my conversion..Soo I will post pics when it gets here,and will post after pics as well.

Just joined,,,,Purchased my 1st Saiga 12 from Gunbroker,,It ships Monday..so pretty excited,Sure am trying to soak up all that this Forum offers. Am speaking with another Dealer/seller on doing my conversion..Soo I will post pics when it gets here,and will post after pics as well.

Congrats and welcome! Let us know how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

howdy all. this place looks interesting and promising. i'm not a nOOb to shottys but this is my first semi automatic shotty. i'll get some pix of it up soon. i'm having a photographer come over and "shoot" some pix of all my toys next week. i bartered the session for only two bottles of my homemade wine. good deal eh?

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined this great forum yesterday. Been checking it out since purchasing my S-12 19" about a month ago and am impressed with the wealth of knowledge it offers. I hope to learn alot from everyone here.

Even though I have added some goodies the day of the purchase, I now realize that it drinks Vodka, having only 2 ports (unless 1 more is hiding). So much for hurrying to buy because of the scare of the "ban" and price increases but, I have one nonetheless. When my gun guy called and said that he had three, I went and got the one fresh in the box. They were all identical but I didn't know at the time what to check for as if it would have made a difference. I had them add a Tapco stock/pistol grip, Troy "combat" vertical grip and USG quad rails while I was there. I since got the Poly-Choke 2 Breacher, Carolina Shooters puck, MD Arms adjustable gas plug, MD Arms 20 round drum, and a ProMag 12 rounder (coming tomorrow). Now seems that I need to find someone to fine tune it with the gas work . . . . oh boy. :rolleyes: I will say though, while knowing that everyone has their own preferences, etc. . . . it's all dolled up. And I'm sure this is going to be pretty much, a work in progress. Now just have to go and test it out. Anyway, glad to be here and below is my proof . . . . .

P1020488.jpg

and with a couple of my 1911's (old and new) . . .

P1020500.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, just joined and I likey what I see. I'm in Texas Law Enforcement and I carry my S12 in my patrol car. Any suggestions on accessories that would benefit me for my use would be greatly appreciated. The only mid so far is thevTapco T6. I just ordered a Pro Mag Smoke Tint 12 round drum yesterday. Wanted the 20 round but figured it would be too big/heavy for my use of it. Any info would be greatly appreciated, look forward to meeting and hearing from fellow S12 fans.

JP or in a smaller town? Welcome anyway, folks are a little busy right now no doubt due to the holidays so the boards seem just a bit slow. As a cruiser gun you may want to look at some of the folding stock options if you can fit it to the securing system you use. Look through the galleries if you have a bit of time and follow the 12 gauge section.

• 2 months later...

Saiga 12 break in

I got a s12 from a friend who shot three low brass shells through it and said it was a pos cause it would FTE every time, long story short I ran 125 rounds of federal high brass ammo through it, 10 bucks a box at walmart,and now it shoots Winchester and federal 100 round value pack shells without a problem.

I'm sure somebody will tell me this is the wrong place to post this but I wasnt sure where it should go. Ps I'm new to forums but there was so much info on saiga 12.com I just had to join.

Edited by Fuckar's
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New user. Lots of good info here, so thanks folks. Gave in to temptation & stopped in to pick up my Saiga 12 at Mississippi Auto Arms a couple weeks ago. Love this thing. First outing, tried to cycle low brass on "1" setting (was told would prob work since I have 4 gas ports). FTE every shot, so switched to "2". Same FTE. But, this was with Winchester target loads at 1200 FPS. Had a couple of boxes of old Remington high velocity low brass game loads, so loaded a mag. Flawless on either gas setting. This thing will spit lead like nobody's business. After some additional break-in, may give the weaker loads another try, but for now, just try & take the smile off my face. I regularly say "God bless Gaston Glock", but will now add Ishmash to that quote. Guess the sales guy was right when he handed me my Saiga and said "welcome to the sickness".

• Like 1

S12 neophyte here. I'd been looking for another 12ga. to replace my Mossberg JIC. While perusing the options at Cabela's the sales person mentioned the Saiga 12. I'd never heard of it before then. He proceeds to tell me "I doubt you'd want one, its built on an AK receiver. I'm not sure about the quality/reliability." I have 2 AK's, both with > 1k rnds down the pipe and have never had any problems with either of them

After he brings an S12 out for me to look at, I'm completely hooked. I can't believe I've never heard about these. After extensive research on this site I had my FFL order an S12 for me ($595 + tax) I picked it up in mid October. I've made multiple trips to the range with no issues at all running high and low brass. My reliability kit, conversion kit, muzzle break and multiple other goodies are on the way from Santa (carolina shooters supply). I already have 10 and 20 rnd Promag drum mags.

This site is a tremendous reservoir of reliable information. Thanks to all who have, and continue contribute here. I'm looking forward to a long an happy relationship with my S12. :-)

Edited by eastohiosaiga12
  • 1 month later...

Information overload...... Love it!!!!

Just picked up my S-12 yesterday, last one NIB at Fleet Farm, wasn't planning on getting the pistol grip one but that's all they had, glad it was that one though, not a gun smith, looked like a bit of work to add it...

Gonna test it in a few days, it's too dang cold out right now in central Wisconsin.....: D

• 2 months later...

Just picked up my S-12 030 and it runs great on factory magazines, low and high brass. Hard time finding magazines though. Attempted to modify a SGM 10 rounder with no joy and a VEPR 10 rounder also. Guess I'll wait out the buying frenzy and get the 030 ones. Anyhow love the gun and the site has given me some great ideas for upgrades. Hats off to everyone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...