REQUIRED ID FOR AMMO MEANS TRACKING

The companies asking for copy of ID's has NOTHING to do with establishing someone is old enough, they have sold ammo for YEARS without ever asking for ID or copies of ID.

Now they want it because they are getting ready for ammo registration because they have already been warned ATF is going to ask for records for large purchases and buyers, so they are CYA themselves and screwing you in the process.

Everytime you buy from someone asking for ID, YOUR name and ammo purchases are getting into someone data base which they will get you and your ammo later.

So you had better use your heads and think about that. All untaxed ammo will be illegal, so do you really want them to know you bought it and how much you bought???

My thought is that when it is time to hide the guns, it is time to load them instead. When it is time to worry about the Gestapo tracking my ammo purchases it is time to load hollow points & A/P. With the states declaring their 10th Amendment sovereignty it is the time to stand up and fight in my mind. Shrinking from evil will not make it go away. Just another thought.

My thought is that when it is time to hide the guns, it is time to load them instead. When it is time to worry about the Gestapo tracking my ammo purchases it is time to load hollow points & A/P. With the states declaring their 10th Amendment sovereignty it is the time to stand up and fight in my mind. Shrinking from evil will not make it go away. Just another thought.

damn right. got my bayonet ready.... damn cabela's ever comes through I'll have some ammo too!

You're one paranoid goofball, you know that? A lot of them ask for ID because their states require it. Some do, some do not. Another reason some do it that way is that they do not have to require a signature from somebody 21 or older to sign for the package, since the carrier only makes about 3 attempts to deliver before they return it.

Edited by Big Boss

Dont worry about it, your already on all the lists. They do not rely on the distributor giving them data, they collect it from the shipping companies and credit card companies. They know what you've bought, they know where you live, they're coming to get you.......

:rolleyes:

Just because your paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you.

Don't worry, Be Happy!

If the Feds come for my ammo, I'll gladly hand it over... at ~2400fps :killer:

russiansnow may be right, but as HillBilly2 said, the damned, unconstitutional BATFE, (and related agencies), already have more than enough "tools" at their disposal to track online ammo purchases.

I'd buy all my ammo FTF and pay cash if it were an option. Unfortunately, it's not.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I ship my ammo to someone else and tell them to drop it off at the gate... I pick it up later :P

That said I have never had anyone do anymore of a look then glance at the age on my license. I doubt anyone is helping the ATF that much anyway, these are our guys.

Edited by csspecs

Since I've been buying ammo (1993) (when in NJ that is) they ask to see your license and write it down :( . But this is NJ.

In PA last time I bought they just glanced at it...

I order online and it does not go to my house.. (like the other guy said).

Its like the law that the ATF and STATE does not keep your purchase records.. yeah, ok... :(

If they want U, they will eventually get U (not me I'm special). lol

Last time the police had inquiries about something.. I had to call them, and go have a beer with the detective at my leisure and WAND him down for wires (well I asked if I needed too).

^ That was the local police though, wasn't it, YWHIC?

Feds operate on an entirely different, (asshole, draconian, and fuck-you-citizen), level. These days, they're much like the Gestapo, (and getting worse under King Barry).

Yeah local-pd (well next state over). Long story...

I would agree (no knowledge first-hand) that the Feds under the Anti-Terr act can enact that line of BS, and SCREW-U dead... and not even clean-up your body....

Thats why I don't order black-powder I heard that was on the LIST of bad things to buy....

Like that white-goo that blew up the guys dump truck when he shot it.. forgot the name of that stuff.... Supposed too be for 'target' reports..

Was going to order that stuff also but changed my mind...

you know what, i bet "they" are watching all you guys right now looking through their satelite sitting in the parked van across the street waiting for the perfect time to pounce, while you guys are sitting in your comfertable lazy boys eating chips :Johnboy:. hahahahaha they already know what guns you guys have when you bought them heck probably how much you piad. theres no reason to worry. Obama is not going to ban your guns he has way more important things to do. Obama 2012

Nope I'm special. They have a black chopper that hovers right above me so they can try to listen to my thoughts.... But I got one on them.. I wear a big hat and have tin foil over my head and a cat in the hat, so they only get the cats thoughts not mine :D

n102788... Obama 2012? I hope for all our sakes that you're fucking kidding. King Barry does not believe that you should have the right to own anything other than a .22 bolt action rifle, you do know that, right?!

n102788... Obama 2012? I hope for all our sakes that you're fucking kidding. King Barry does not believe that you should have the right to own anything other than a .22 bolt action rifle, you do know that, right?!

Obviously that is "numbers" backup sent by the DNC to infiltrate us..... And csspecs, if you use that shiny engine compartment heat shield stuff, it reflects their beam back and they read their own thoughts :shocked:

Edited by mav

im actually a super secret spy for Obama to find out everybody who owns the best firearm made that people can actually afford (saiga converted only) so Obama and I can take them all for ourselfs :haha: Mav please dont tell me your a Bush supporter and one day you think the humans and fish can coinside with eachother as our once great leader bush said :ded:

im actually a super secret spy for Obama to find out everybody who owns the best firearm made that people can actually afford (saiga converted only) so Obama and I can take them all for ourselfs :haha: Mav please dont tell me your a Bush supporter and one day you think the humans and fish can coinside with eachother as our once great leader bush said :ded:

Dont know about coinciding with fish, but compared to the communist, dishonest, manipulative, embodiment of evil that is in power now, he was wonderful.

Have any sources for the statements in the original post? Also, perhaps stores are asking for ID now because they were always supposed to check age or it has always been a state requirement, and they are finally following protocol. Kind of like alcohol sales, ID checks have been progressively more stringent over time....not like years ago when it was just a glance. Maybe you are right; I am in TX and have never experienced the ID checks for ammo.

You're one paranoid goofball, you know that? A lot of them ask for ID because their states require it. Some do, some do not. Another reason some do it that way is that they do not have to require a signature from somebody 21 or older to sign for the package, since the carrier only makes about 3 attempts to deliver before they return it.

Lets see, Sportsman Guide Doesnt, Cabelas doesnt, Gander Mountain doesnt, and neither does any gun store in any state other than the DC, NY, etc etc.

To say that their states require it isnt true.

Carriers don't ask for signatures UNLESS the person sending the package makes it a requirement.........................

No carrier requires ammo to be a signature required item.

Florida is not one of the alleged states yet every person selling on gunbroker from Florida does YET no dealers/stores do.

That premise is flawed and untrue.

The idiots selling the stuff are the only people demanding that ID be shown because some how they think they are protected when they arent legally or otherwise.

They can be locked up even with the ID in hand.

sorry to be the one to say so.

Have any sources for the statements in the original post? Also, perhaps stores are asking for ID now because they were always supposed to check age or it has always been a state requirement, and they are finally following protocol. Kind of like alcohol sales, ID checks have been progressively more stringent over time....not like years ago when it was just a glance. Maybe you are right; I am in TX and have never experienced the ID checks for ammo.

Nope stores are not unless your in the communist states of NY DC etc.

Its only the idiots selling online like on Gunbroker that are which makes shit more complicated for everyone else because they THINK they are covering their asses when their not.

Beside why in the hell would I send my personal data to some loser I dont know because he's nosy. If they want the money get over it.

"The idiots selling the stuff are the only people demanding that ID be shown because some how they think they are protected when they arent legally or otherwise."

So, who are you talking about that is selling and asking for ID, online stores? Is it not a law to be 18 to purchase ammo..and this is their way to verify? Maybe I am missing something here, not trying to attack you.

You mentioned they are storing the info and and then they can get you and your ammo later..so, who is recording this info and where is it going, who is coming for our ammo? too vague here.

Also, if you read the recent Nordyke vs. King and Heller v. DC..the courts have recently been on our sides...The nordyke vs. king ruling, while a mixed bag to some, really solidifies our rights to own, which I am not a legal scholar but the possession of ammo would be inclusive to that decision it seems....and this is coming from a pretty liberal court in CA.

Edited by osteo4n6
"The idiots selling the stuff are the only people demanding that ID be shown because some how they think they are protected when they arent legally or otherwise."

So, who are you talking about that is selling and asking for ID, online stores? Is it not a law to be 18 to purchase ammo..and this is their way to verify? Maybe I am missing something here, not trying to attack you.

You mentioned they are storing the info and and then they can get you and your ammo later..so, who is recording this info and where is it going, who is coming for our ammo? too vague here.

Also, if you read the recent Nordyke vs. King and Heller v. DC..the courts have recently been on our sides...The nordyke vs. king ruling, while a mixed bag to some, really solidifies our rights to own, which I am not a legal scholar but the possession of ammo would be inclusive to that decision it seems....and this is coming from a pretty liberal court in CA.

Seriously, are you one the types that needs to be driven around in a car to know it has gas in it????

Like I said in previous posts, NO dealer/store I have ever been to up to two days ago for the past 30 plus years has ever asked for ID, let alone demanded a copy of my ID in order to close a sale.

It's only the idiots playing at home lawyer that think they are protecting themselves legally by asking for it to begin with. Then again they could very well be selling the copies of drivers licenses to ID thieves because there exists no law in any states that requires a COPY of your ID that they would keep, to make such a purchase. DC, NY, or NJ may just ask for it. Those of you in those 3 states can better state whether this pans out.

Lets see, Sportsman Guide Doesnt, Cabelas doesnt, Gander Mountain doesnt, and neither does any gun store in any state other than the DC, NY, etc etc.

To say that their states require it isnt true.

Carriers don't ask for signatures UNLESS the person sending the package makes it a requirement.........................

No carrier requires ammo to be a signature required item.

Florida is not one of the alleged states yet every person selling on gunbroker from Florida does YET no dealers/stores do.

That premise is flawed and untrue.

The idiots selling the stuff are the only people demanding that ID be shown because some how they think they are protected when they arent legally or otherwise.

They can be locked up even with the ID in hand.

sorry to be the one to say so.

from cableas:

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase ammunition. All ammunition will be shipped ground UPS. For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition. Always make sure you use the correct ammunition for your specific firearm. Check your local laws for any other regulations.

from sportman guide:

WARNING: You must be 21 or older to purchase Ammunition. All Ammunition is shipped UPS Ground (only) and requires an adult signature upon delivery. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm.

Walmart where I live checks ID too, you must be 18. The cash register tells them too anyway, not like they write it down or anything

Damn I feel old.

I don't get carded for buying ammo,they just hand it to me.Guess the gray hair has something to do with it,lol.

As for the online places,I've bought guns off gunbroker without ID,I've bought ammo from some places that require ID and others that don't.

Its more state specific as to who needs it and who doesn't,all according to their laws.