Tapco Intrafuse

From what I was always told, if something looks to good to be true, it probably is.

This stock looks really easy to install. Are there any downsides to it? The price is right..

My Saiga is stock for now. I just took a 9% paycut at work, so my modifications will have to happen slowly.

Thanks for the info, great site

I use the TAPCO AK T6 collapsible buttstock, this is not the intrafuse with the integrated pistol grip used in so many half assed conversions.

The only real difference between the two is the integrated PG.

Your broke, its relatively inexpensive.

Seems sturdy enough for me, I've put almost a thousand rounds thru it, it hasn't loosened up or otherwise, rock solid.

Some have what could be considered a little too much play in between the stock and buffer tube... It does have a little, but, I have never noticed it while firing.

They tend to have a slight downward angle off the receiver, this may increase felt recoil, and some folks don't like the way it sits/feels to them... I like mine.

Pro/Con, you decide.

I like my Tapco T6 stock too.. installed on my SGL20 though, not my S-12. It's very solid, and better quality than I thought it'd be, (more aluminum in the tube than I expected). My shotgun's still getting a checkup at CGW, but should return soon. I have an Ace ultra-lite stock with push-button folder and internal receiver block waitin for her.

The true conversion replaces the crummy cantilevered trigger-arm-hook-hammer contraption with a standard AK fire control group. The difference is HUGE!.

The only other down-side to the intrafuse kit is that the gun doesn't gain any weight balance advantage like you achieve with a true conversion.

But if money is tight, and you can afford one: It's better than the factory plastic furniture. Personally I'd rather do wood furniture than the intrafuse but it's so subjective you really need to check out the options yourself and make the call.

Contrary to popular opinion Tapco makes good products. The only one I wouldn't try is the composite folder for obvious reasons. I've read many positive reviews from owners who used the T6 prior to converting and they liked it for what it is. If a pistol grip is your thing, Tapco can scratch that itch.