DogLeg scope rail by Texas Weapon Systems ??

Here is something I have added to my rifle system. Its a Fuller built 5.45, but look at the top cover and the optics.

ak105.1.jpg

Does your scope stay zeroed?

Yes it does. Its a pretty cool design. Nelson at TWS is a bright guy and that was the first thing I asked him. He basically said to go and try it. The top cover rail works just like this. It hooks into the rear sight position, in essence replacing the rear sight. It is held in pressure by the leaft spring it seems. Then it mates up with a recoil spring guide unit (comes with the mount). As well, it has a spring leaf set up on the side of the cover. Its a tight fit.

Thus far I have maybe 500 rounds through the rifle. I was just out shooting it. I am in the forest five minutes from my office so I duck out for some training a few times a week. Taking the ACOG off and replacing it has returned to zero with no problem. Opening the top cover and closing it (just like on a Suchka AKSU-74) has no effect on zero. I have not removed it completely from the rifle as that is not the intended use, but otherwise it is a very cool item.

The ACOG on it is a TA33-H for the .223. The 5,45 should be close enough to not worry until we get near or past 400 yards. I have another similar rifle in the works in 7.62x39. I plan on adding the ACOG TA33-13 with the BDC for 7.62x39. My TSD guys will finish it green so it will be one cool looking beast.

I have a write up on my blog

One article here

Second one here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't Krebs allready make one of these monstrosities?   ...scroll down to near the bottom here: http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml   I think the member with the screen

Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups. The saiga rifle is equiped with a perfectly good side rail mounting bracket. No need for this design. I am only a "purist" when the original design is better

I noticed Suarez has the built in front sight / gas block combo running with the TWS rail. Does anyone know if the TWS will line up level with the Acer Bolt-on FS/GB setup?

Acer Bolt-on? Not sure what that is bro. The FS/GB I have on the rifle is actually a Russian part smuggled in vodka crates under the noses of the inspectors at Izhmash.

I have a TWS rail. The thing wouldn't fit any of my AK's and I had to cut and grind the heck out of it to get it on and let the charging handle clear. I haven't gotten to test it for zero yet as I just barely got around to getting it fitted to one of my guns. I also need to get some taller rings as I was unable to mount the scope I had sitting around w/ the rings I have.

Acer Bolt-on? Not sure what that is bro.

k207611_acebolton.jpg

I have no idea if it the TWS peep lines up or not. It would stand to reason that if factory rear sight lines up with both the factory front sight and the ace, bolton, or whatever other sight and the peep lines up with the factory front sight then it will line up with the other front sights too if the factory rear sight did.