Hello all, I am waiting for my just ordered S12 to come in, I am also about to order a tromix trigger kit, tromix diy kit, saw grip and a t-6 so I can do the conversion. On the mags I noticed you can get 8,10 or 12 rounders. They are all within a few bucks of each other so I am inclined to pick up a couple of 12's. Good choice? Awesome site BTW I found out about this ak style shottie by complete accident and am stoked there is a forum dedicated to this glorious weapon

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm The title says "Best MAgs". If you want the best magazines that can be had go to the link and buy Original Izmash 8rd S-12 Magazines for 82 pounds or $124.93 USD and never look back. You won't be sorry and order at least 4-5 while you're at it.

Not even the Russian mags are perfect. I spent an hour last night filing down the back lug on a factory 5 rounder just to get it to lock in place. As long as you understand this you can get any of the current mags to work acceptably... :)

If nothing else, you can sell them later as babies of "Unicorn Sperm". LOL I have two dozen and they are the cream of the crop as far as mags go. If you want a drum, get Mike Davidson's MD-20 and you are set.

1911 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and whatever other condescending emoticon you can find. Over & Out!

Edited by 1911

Good first post!

I have the MD Drum, a couple 12-round Surefire mags, an 8-round surefire and the stock 5-round. I prefer the 8-round to the 12, just my personal opinion. I've read a lot of good reviews of the AGP mags as well.

Thanks for knowing the difference between a mag and a clip! :)

I have had good luck with the AGP's as well as the factory 5 round and the Taiwanese mags. I would love to get the MD-20 drum but I have a boat-load of wolf and other odd ammo that Mike's mag won't cycle. If I had the regular Remington, Winchester Federal stuff, I would purchase the drum in a heartbeat as Mike's testimonies are compelling.

-Cheers

I've my OEM 5 rnd, and several Surefires, 2x12s, 3x10's, and a 2 rnd, all have fit and functioned very well, right out of the packaging.

My MD20 needed a very minor fitting, and other than that, not one complaint from me... AWESOME! :smoke:

Haven't tried any of the others... Happy with my current mags.

If I buy any others, they will either be Surefire 10 rnd or OEM 8 rnd mags,

The 12s are really too big and cumbersome.

And there are reports that the extra weight of the 12s is responsible for their breaking under sustained fire/magnum loads.